Reborn Podcast

AZKnight

18 members have voted

1. 1. Would a Podcast be worth while?

• Yes, that would be an awesome feature
    • Maybe, it may or may not work
    • No, it would not work or be entertaining

I'm listening to Smogon's Smogcast right now and it's pretty interesting. I know we're doing a lot of stuff here that is trying to improve on what Smogon is doing, like our PokeDex Project to provide a unique database of Pokemon sets. Listening to this podcast I find enjoyable. Then again, I like to listen to the radio which is just people talking. Would anyone be interested in trying to produce a Reborn Podcast later on once we have more material and prestige, or even sooner. Simpliest way I can think of is to do it over Skype as that would allow group conversations which can be recorded. But before going into anything technical like how it would be done or who would host it, I want to know if anyone thinks this would be a worthwhile endeavor. Or if someone is/has tried this before (I'm an old, blind and deaf member).

Would a podcast be interesting? Would people listen to it? Are there topics that would be interesting to discuss in the fashion? Anything else you'd like to discuss?

I'd totally help out [spoiler]If I had conversation subjects/opportunities to just speak out loud, especially with 3/4 other people around and most times[/spoiler]

[color="#9932CC"]I'd be willing to host, since I don't work often and I've graduated already. As long as we have fresh things to talk about every time then it should do fine. (This will give me the chance to use my "media" voice like when I was school anchor man.)[/color]

• Administrators
If my laptop's microphone wasn't so terrible, I could give something like this a shot... Unfortunately, it is, so I wouldn't be able to promise anything from myself. Voted maybe.

I will help also.
Plus this can help me also start commentating on LPs.
Also the person cant sound bored, they need to have some energy in their voice. Need passion.

Ok, clearly there is not a lack of people would would volunteer so let's move away from that for now.

I'm wondering now what people would want the focus to be. It cannot just be every member talking at once about everything and yet nothing. There needs to be some structured conversation and discussion. Otherwise, if it's just random talking, there is not a reason to make it into a recording and might as well just be a discussion on PO. A topic like when Chandelure was being debated again is a good example. People were involved in serious discussion and were providing statistics, thought out opinions and interesting conversation. If we can manage to have topics like that where we discuss Pokemon, strategies, fun ideas, new stuff, etc. For the first broadcast I would like to do something broad and more on the side of fun than serious data crunching or something. First things that come to mind: Dream World abilities that will/are changing the game, what Pokemon deserves an evolution, or sets for less used Pokemon that deserve more attention. What do people want to [i]listen [/i]to? Like I said, there appear to be plenty of people who want to do this so if don't end up hosting the first broadcast, what would you like to hear discussed?

Also, how often would we want to do this? I'm thinking that since these would take a lot of work and planning to not make them that often. Something like only once a month even. That way there would be enough time to figure out what to talk about, allows for time for new things to transpire in Pokemon (competitive and commercial) and probably most important is to allow for scheduling. People are busy and these might go for 30 to 60 minutes requiring people to stay put. Which reminds me, how long would we want to make them? That would probably influence how often to make these. If we shoot for only 15-20 minutes then maybe we could do it every week or other week. If we want in-depth episodes that last around an hour or longer, then I would definitely want to have a monthly thing. As I said in my first post, I enjoy listening to the radio so I would enjoy listening to a longer episode. The more time you have the more discussion you can have as well. It would allow each host/guest to have their own time. If we wanted to do a Favorite Pokemon of the Month, then each person could have 5 minutes to talk about which Pokemon they like seeing that month.

In summary, I would like to see some serious discussion about Pokemon (competitive play, sets, tiers, etc.) but with more casual topics to break it up (Needed evolutions, future games, gimmick sets, etc.). In order to do this I would prefer longer episodes at 45-60 minutes that are produced monthly ([i]maybe [/i]bi-weekly).

Yes and I may totally work on it!
I think we could make more serious discussions on some days, and something more casual on other. Like, podcasting two days a week, one with serious topics and one more casual. Or podcasting once a week with the same method.

Also, it would be good if we could do something Livestream-ish once a month or something (Not being too pretencious), to discuss, not only around a 3 or 4 people opinion, but with a whole forum of discussion live. That'd take some software and patience but, once a month? no sweat c:

You guys tell me what to do and it'll be done x_x

*Edit*
Sorry for the kinda- Double post but--
After some little research...

Apparently this kind of softwares are not easy to get at all, specially if you want more than one people talking at the same time from different places~

I don't know guys~ If this is going seriously, why not giving some serious and specific options posted (Like, including schedule and Software and other) and... start analyzing!
Sorry for being too bossy, I know it sounds random, but I' kind of comitted with this project~ It sounds so interesting~

If I may jump in, I have the tools to do a recording. I think, anyway. Let me know how this all fleshes out, and we can work from there from the mechanical standpoint. Software shouldn't be an issue.