If you were the champion...

TyranntX

Rock Type is best type. I give Game Freak the middle Finger everytime they make the first or second Gym leader Rock Type...

Fun Fact, when the reborn league was a thing, Hardy was the #1 Ranked Gym leader.

Rock Type is best type. I give Game Freak the middle Finger everytime they make the first or second Gym leader Rock Type...

Fun Fact, when the reborn league was a thing, Hardy was the #1 Ranked Gym leader.

yeah, don't know why they do that

I believe it's to do with introducing the player to rock types early shows them a little bit of understanding about how difficult things will be, Rock types will resist their physical moves, and you can expect an early encounter with Sturdy or even Rock Head preventing them recoil damages. It also is rather troubling for those who choose fire types.

If I were Champion, I would organize an E4 with different team styles rather than types. For instance, a stall team, hyper-offense, weather, and mono team. I as the Champion would run a balance, because not just one strategy would normally work. The point of mastering battles is to have an excellent prediction and solve-all team. This won't always work, but the joy of being the Champion is knowing there's someone stronger than you.

If I were Champ

Name: Darvan

Region: Vrika (making up names)

Attitude: (see Volkner from Gen 4)

Team: Mamoswine, Breloom, Aegislash, Talonflame, Sylveon, Greninja.