WHY I HATE SNEEZING (A gripe/pet peeves thread)

Ghost

I have an issue with those really touchy people. You know the ones. The people that you barely know and yet they insist on hanging all over you or hugging you even though you recently met them etc... Basically... they invade your personal space a bit too much for someone you aren't all that comfortable with.

Yes hello this is me so much ok

even hearing about someone who has no sense of personal space makes me uncomfortable.

and fortunately for you, Pixl, I always cover my mouth/nose/sometimes my entire face when sneezing because I think not covering up is gross too.

Edited by Ghost

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My sneezes are wonderful and quiet and just sound like me blowing air out of my nose really quickly.

Anyway, people who think they're too important to signal a lane switch.

People who are driving slow in the left lane.

Consequently, people who drive slowly in the left lane, and then speed up when you try to pass them in the right. Like seriously goddamn it's not personal I just need to get somewhere.

Those people that think they're right in an argument and try to sound smart by pointing out your logical fallacies when they don't even use the definitions of logical fallacies properly.

The word "cajole".

People who ride your ass on the freeway. I'M ALREADY GOING 8 OVER THE LIMIT WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT FROM ME.

...And sorry to you with your bad sneezes (but you might not do this), but I have an issue with people who have huge sneezes (not noise, but the amount of particles that come out), and do nothing to contain it. Especially if it's on me. Or in my general vicinity. If I breathe in and I can smell that awful terrible smell of sneeze-y air particles, then I'm going to have a really bad time.

People who think they're the only ones to think something.

White Knights.

The existence of every other driver on the road.

Seeing all this about cars makes me remember one more:

"People that honk their horns in a traffic jam."

cuz everybody moves faster when you honk.

it's science.

Edited by Vinny

When people leave a teaspoon amount of milk in the jug and put it back in the fridge. Like what the fuck?

AND GOING FROM THIS WHEN PEOPLE EAT THE LAST OF SOMETHING AND PUT THE EMPTY BOX BACK IN THE FRIDGE OR CABINET

haha i do that

*starts running away*

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a while so I am going to bump this with relevant content.

Pet peeve: when someone moves the stuff I specifically placed in that certain spot so I would be able to find it.

My pet peeve.... Is getting Ignored. there are times when I talking with a group of people and they don't even listen to what I say... as if I wasn't even there. I mean come on... is it really too much to ask for some one to just listen?

• Support Squad

Just get a mod, I am sure they will help ya out if you explain it to them lol. It clearly wasn't your intent and even if you do get a warning point, 1 point is a minor slap on the wrist. ((trust me, it is. It will only ever become a problem if you keep racking up more so don't and it will go away pretty quickly.))

Now, something relevant...

I have an issue with those really touchy people. You know the ones. The people that you barely know and yet they insist on hanging all over you or hugging you even though you recently met them etc... Basically... they invade your personal space a bit too much for someone you aren't all that comfortable with.

*Stroke*

I'm sorry :c

First world artist problems.

When you're drawing and people are like

"omg are you drawing?" oH OF COURSE NOT WHAT IS THIS MAGIC THAT APPEARED ON THE PAGE

"DRAW ME, DRAW ME" how about you shove your head up your ass

"why is she naked????" im NOT FINISHED

just...jfc.

Ghost, I totally understand why you would hate sneezing, I do too. Unlike almost everyone I've ever encountered, who sneeze like, freeping once. I sneeze like five or six times, EVERY. GOD. DAMN. TIME. And that's without my allergies in effect. Don't get me started on that. It's so frustrating to have to pause for like, two minutes, just to finish sneezing. It's so bad, my past roommates would start out saying "bless you" after every sneeze but by the end would be saying only after I completely finished cause they got sick of having to repeat it so many times.

Also, leaving pens uncapped or points clicked out when the pens aren't in use. That pisses me off and aggravates my OCD.

Ghost, I totally understand why you would hate sneezing, I do too. Unlike almost everyone I've ever encountered, who sneeze like, freeping once. I sneeze like five or six times, EVERY. GOD. DAMN. TIME. And that's without my allergies in effect. Don't get me started on that. It's so frustrating to have to pause for like, two minutes, just to finish sneezing. It's so bad, my past roommates would start out saying "bless you" after every sneeze but by the end would be saying only after I completely finished cause they got sick of having to repeat it so many times.

Imagine this, but compiled into one big sneeze.

Let's see...I can't stand when people think I am selfish just because I take care of myself and treat myself. Doesn't automatically fucking mean I am a heartless bitch.

I have a thing about people looking over my shoulder while I'm doing stuff on the computer, I hate random strangers asking me to do things, and I abhor it when people tap their fingernails on wood repetitively- but it doesn't bother me when I do it, so I dunno what to make of that.

I'll post forum-related stuff because, honestly, I don't think you guys give a damn about the part of me you don't know anything about (and you are right).

So firstly, I hate it when I come here to send important private messages to people, and I miss them by five minutes or less. As in, message sent at 12:30, that person was last online at 12:25. I know it's irrational, but whenever this happens I always feel extremely pissed off for some reason.

Also, people who post. Ok this came out wrong, let me elaborate: when you are directly attacked and/or insulted and/or provoked, it is your right to make your voice heard. And if you spot a topic/post/status that is against the rules, it is your duty as a member of a community to report it to the mods. But if a topic or status is not against the rules and does not call you directly into question, even if you disagree with it, why must you voice your disapproval at the risk of causing a flame fest? I mean if I thought that a topic about pet peeves is a stupid thing, I would never post in it saying "a topic about pet peeves is a stupid thing". I would simply stay away from that topic. Why cannot people pick the safest and easiest path of not posting? It might sound silly and hypocritical from a guy who has over 1000 posts, but really, I sincerely feel that sometimes not posting is as important, if not more important, than posting...

Imma skip the ones I can write pages about and the common stuff, which leaves me with clocks. I'm pefectly fine with the soundless ones, but, to me, there is no sound more infuriating than that of a clock's ticking breaking otherwise total silence. Whatever the most annoying noise you may know is, I'll fall asleep with that 50 times easier than in a room with a clock; one of us has to leave the room.

What grinds my gears is when normies try to meme as hard as a can, but they fail at cooking up a meme dinner. They're all salt with no pepper. Beef with no cheese. Minestrone but no soup. It's fuckin' blasphemous. Everyday, I go out and what do I see?

2001blk-w800h800z1-28915-doge.jpgTHIS JUNK! Displayed in about every Spencer's and Hot Topics in malls for normies to ruin. Doge was at one point funny, until the corporate business men up and take my hot and dank meme out the oven and shove them down our throats. It makes me sad everytime.

What grinds my gears is when normies try to meme as hard as a can, but they fail at cooking up a meme dinner. They're all salt with no pepper. Beef with no cheese. Minestrone but no soup. It's fuckin' blasphemous. Everyday, I go out and what do I see?

2001blk-w800h800z1-28915-doge.jpgTHIS JUNK! Displayed in about every Spencer's and Hot Topics in malls for normies to ruin. Doge was at one point funny, until the corporate business men up and take my hot and dank meme out the oven and shove them down our throats. It makes me sad everytime.

I never understood the doge meme. Makes me feel kinda dumb ;-;

• Support Squad

Round 2: FAITO!

-Jackasses who can't leave me be in peace when I'm clearly not interested in any kind of interaction

-People who don't realise what they're saying and end up saying horribly crude, overly-sexual "Jokes"

-Being depressed and angsty when I'm thirsty. Not fucking cool body.

-People who ~think~ they can sing, I'm sorry but my ears aren't meant to bleed.

-Fucking Malware

-Fucking Adware

-McAfees constant buggings to update. I UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU MUST DO, DO IT I ALREADY TOLD YOU TO AUTOMATICALLY DO IT

-Shows that focus on specific groups of people to show them in a negative light.

-Shows that focus on specific groups of people to show them in a negative light when I already see them in a negative light, looking at you Young, Welsh and Pretty Skint, stop making me sad about the human race. (Look it up, you'll understand)

-People bashing terms like the friendzone when the term really is just what it says, a part of the relationship where you are friends. (The issue lies with the connotations, not the term itself)

-People who try to be deep, philosophical geniuses in a setting that really doesn't need it. I don't wanna hear about your thoughts of death when studying tyvm.

-Retarded decisions made by people detached from the people the decision affects (Not a political jab)

-People who smoke with no regard for other people. Some people don't like second hand smoke, don't smoke in a place where most of the school has to pass by you.

-That awkward moment when all of your friends schedules have conspired to leave you almost completely alone for the one break you get that day. God Bless Rob.

-People that don't even try. At all.

-Apathetic people who really have no reason to be as such

-The moment when I realise I cannot plan a schedule down to the minute

-People being prone to making assumptions based on their experience with the media and nothing else.

Little less Peevs and more so general active dislikes

I never understood the doge meme. Makes me feel kinda dumb ;-;

It used to be a meme that was liked ironically for it's use of comic sans and shit like that. Now it's has been used as a marketing ploy and other gagworthy things like being sold at Hot Topic. ICK!

I mean if I thought that a topic about pet peeves is a stupid thing, I would never post in it saying "a topic about pet peeves is a stupid thing". I would simply stay away from that topic. Why cannot people pick the safest and easiest path of not posting? It might sound silly and hypocritical from a guy who has over 1000 posts, but really, I sincerely feel that sometimes not posting is as important, if not more important, than posting...

trying to tell me something here m8? :v

I have a thing about people looking over my shoulder while I'm doing stuff on the computer, I hate random strangers asking me to do things, and I abhor it when people tap their fingernails on wood repetitively- but it doesn't bother me when I do it, so I dunno what to make of that.

Oh boy this, especially when little kids do it. I am a horrible person but I scare little kids when they do this sort of thing.

-People bashing terms like the friendzone when the term really is just what it says, a part of the relationship where you are friends. (The issue lies with the connotations, not the term itself)

Little less Peevs and more so general active dislikes

The word "friendzone" is a load of shit that was made up by "nice guys" in their butthurt over having a girl they like refuse to be with them...or in most cases, refused have sex with them.

It's fucking stupid, the friendzone does not exist, but your thirst is.

In shorter terms I agree.

Edited by Ghost