Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

E14.6: Focus Sash/Band.

ReddestDream

Question

So, I've found one Focus Sash so far (Under the Grand Staircase), but I used it against Shade . . .

I hate you, Chandelure! :(

I read somewhere that I could purchase Focus Bands at the Department Store on Floor 3, but I can access Floor 4 and I can't find them . . . :(

Have the Focus Bands been moved to a higher floor?

Are there any more Focus Bands/Sashes in the game? Thanks! ^_^

Edited by ReddestDream

13 answers to this question

So, I've found one Focus Sash so far (Under the Grand Staircase), but I used it against Shade . . .

I hate you, Chandelure! :(

I read somewhere that I could purchase Focus Bands at the Department Store on Floor 3, but I can access Floor 4 and I can't find them . . . :(

Have the Focus Bands been moved to a higher floor?

Are there any more Focus Bands/Sashes in the game? Thanks! ^_^

I know that feel, bro. I lost my focus sash during my Ash run thanks to a Pangoro.

I know that feel, bro. I lost my focus sash during my Ash run thanks to a Pangoro.

Thanks! ^_^ Well, I keep all my saves, so I can always go back and try again. I could probably beat Shade without the Focus Sash if I went back and did some grinding against the Unown at the bottom of the cave Beneath the Grand Staircase to get Scraggy to evolve so he could consistently OHKO Gengar. The problem is that Chandelure has Energy Ball, which OHKOs all my Ground-types except Swampert(?) since for whatever reason the AI never uses it on him, instead opting for Shadow Ball, which Swampert can take two of. It would take three hits from Swampert or another Ground-type to kill Chandelure, so I used the Focus Sash on Piloswine so he could survive OHKO and land either the first or last hit depending on the sequence. I might also try getting a Houndour from Team Magma since Scraggy is my only Dark-type. I was also considering sending out Onyx (with Sturdy) first on a suicide mission to lay down Stealth Rock . . .

Edited by ReddestDream

Change up your team or grind a bit more if you're having problems. It's generally a good idea to have some Pokemon in rotation unless you're 100% sure your team can take on anything.
Also, Stealth Rocks aren't a great thing to have on in-game battles. The only time when it's probably good are when it's super effective but generally in-game opponents don't switch out as often.

I finally beat Shade without the Focus Sash! Thanks! ^_^

I spent time grinding Scraggy to Level 35 so I could consistently OHKO Gengar (Chesto Berry to prevent Hypnosis + Payback), kill Doublade and Gollet, and get one solid hit (Moxie has boasted Scraggy's Attack 3(!) stages!) on Chandelure before Scraggy kicks the bucket. After that, it was gravy . . .

Edited by ReddestDream

I ended up using the Focus Sash again . . . On Garchomp . . . :blink:

http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=13680entry309000

I might go back and try to figure out a better way to defeat him, but this worked very well and didn't require me to break my "No Items in Battle" rule, so . . . :unsure:

My thought was to breed my FEAR Rattata (male) with a Donphan (female) to make a Donphan with both Endeavor AND Sturdy.

That would negate any need for the Focus Sash . . .

Edited by ReddestDream

I ended up using the Focus Sash again . . . On Garchomp . . . :blink:

http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=13680entry309000

I might go back and try to figure out a better way to defeat him, but this worked very well and didn't require me to break my "No Items in Battle" rule, so . . . :unsure:

My thought was to breed my FEAR Rattata (male) with a Donphan (female) to make a Donphan with both Endeavor AND Sturdy.

That would negate any need for the Focus Sash . . .

Do you realize the story progresses even if you get KOed? :P

Do you realize the story progresses even if you get KOed? :P

Actually, no, I didn't realize that until I read that on the forums.

I really did think I had to win at first . . . :blink:

I wouldn't put it past this game! :P

It's not about progressing the game. It's about SENDING A MESSAGE. Like I ain't playing games Ame! Lvl70 Garchomp? No problem. BRING. IT. ON!

Pretty much this is why I'm doing it now! ^_^

Even better if I don't need the Focus Sash so I still have it for later "unwinnable" battles.

Also, it's level 75, not level 70 . . . :P

Edit: FYI to all, I was able to beat Garchomp with a Cofagrigus (Put an Air Balloon on it), Donphan (Sturdy, Endeavor, Ice Shard), and Magneton (Sturdy, Air Balloon). ^_^

Edited by ReddestDream

There's a focus sash in the wasteland (grotto's I believe) since I acquired it just days ago. Yes I thought the pipes had to be blue and never came back, only doing wasteland stuff while waiting for Ep15

Thank for this! ^_^

I've been wondering where the others were . . .

I can go the Wasteland now, so I'll see if I can find it.

Edited by ReddestDream