Upcoming series speculation!

Moshe

Things I want to see in Gen 7

- A "jerk" rival.

- Gen 5 esque difficulty options made available as soon as you open the box. Or better than those.

- Another unique theme for starters (Kalos had traditional RPG classes)

- Trainer Customization (from the onset more, giving boutiques a sort of completionist feel)

- the DexNav returning

- More out of the way areas. Less streamlined than previous titles. Reward exploration.

- Gym Leaders and Elite Four members involved in the story more.

- An evil team with general appeal to older audiences (such as morality questioning or a deeper plot)

- continued ease of access for competitive battlers.

- good postgame story elements

- another Looker cameo (those are great)

Looker Cameo is always the best ones. Sad i haven't seen the ORAS looker cameo ones.

I loved the Kalos Looker one, was pretty sad and heartfeeling.

Oh guys, this might be a bit OT but; Can you give Looker his memory back or sometin' in ORAS? Cause I exhausted his dialogue and my attempts to make him continue his dialogue were proven to be futile.

No. The Looker cameo in ORAS has one purpose only (reward the player with the Audinite) and serves to provide an open ended resolution to the Kalos cameo.

Basically, Looker washed up on the shore of Hoenn's Battle Frontier and can't remember his stint in Kalos nor his current purpose.

• Support Squad

Well shit. Hopefully,now that the team doesn't have to spend most of their time modeling 700+ creatures and animating them, we'll get much more stuffs and detail on other aspects ^^

Well, in case you guys were wondering, no there wasn't anything on the Nintendo Direct yesterday. Ugh, they really need to announce it already, this speculation is just boring now. Maybe at E3?

Do you maybe know when is E3 going to take place? (:

There's going to be a Pokémon Z(?) late this year, previous trends of series have proven it.

Every generation has had 2 "pairs" of games; i.e GSC, FRLG, HGSS.. yada yada.

but every generation has also had a third game released for the first pair of games released that generation. i.e. Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum. the only exception being gen 5, but they did release another 'pair' in comprehensive timing. All these 'third games' are released after the '2nd pair', i.e. Emerald was released after Firered/Leafgreen, Platinum was released after HGSS, so on. In gen 6 so far we had our first pair (XY), our 2nd pair (ORAS), and how its time for the third game, probably Z because Zygarde. Then we get generation 7. Hurray logic

I personally guarantee it won't be 1 game, but XZ and YZ or X2 and Y2 whatever they're called. As evidenced by Pokemon B2W2, why would nintendo release ONE new game, when they can release TWO for the same amount of effort? It also makes them look better for having more new content. There was also evidence after the release of ORAS that there is going to be TWO more games in Gen 6. Based on something having to do with the Pentagon thingy for pokemon legitimacy.

• 1 month later...

You know, for the last few years I have been ruminating over whether they will eventually create remakes of the remakes... In other (hypothetical) words, this gen should have remakes of Red & Green, since this gen they are also remaking the generation in which the original gen 1 remakes were remade in. Sounds confusing, but interesting, doesn't it??

Now I am not at all implying that I actually think they will do that during this gen, because even to me that seems kinda silly and moreover redundant. But I am certain that at some point, they probably will be remaking Red/Green & Gold/Silver once more.

I think instead of having some evil organization, it would be cool to have just one, really evil rival. Like we've had some pricks for rivals(Blue, Silver). But we haven't had a straight up evil motherfucker as a rival. But I doubt such an idea will ever be utilized.

All I know is I want something really amazing as the next main series game, because I was left really disappointed after Kalos, and I haven't been that let down by a Pokemon game since the Gen 4 days.