Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

Pokemon Reborn Guide [2.0] DISCUSSION

sparsyle-0

Question

Here is the discussion thread for my reborn guide! If I've made any errors in my guide, or if I left something out, please let me know below, and I'll be sure to make the appropriate changes!!

The Guide

Edited by sparsyle-0

• Answers 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Let me help you out here, but you are missing a Pokemon

580.gif

In the place where you get your starters, by the door inside the place there will be a fisherman who asks if you will pay 500$ for a rare pokemon, if you do pay him the fee, a guy will come and steal it. That guy will be in a house in Notheren Peridot Ward and he will ask for 500$, after that you battle the fisherman and that guy and in the end they will give you Ducklett (This event replaced Magikarp most likely)

Thanks for your imput! I am aware of this event, but I wasn't exactly sure how it played (with the locations and stuff) out so I omitted it. and I am pretty sure that it's a Magikarp instead of a Ducklett, but I could be wrong.

NEW PART YAYZIES:

Emolga event - Emolga only sleeps on Windy nights or Clear days, I think.

That's... actually it, I think... I guess you could mention that one of the first okayish hold items is here, the Big Root, but it's up to you, since you don't want the guide to have too many items. (nvm that's for the Jungle, I think). Oh well.

ONE MORE PART LEFT UNTIL THE SPLIT STORY YES

Edited by Chubb the Pig

NEW PART YAYZIES:

Emolga event - Emolga only sleeps on Windy nights or Clear days, I think.

That's... actually it, I think... I guess you could mention that one of the first okayish hold items is here, the Big Root, but it's up to you, since you don't want the guide to have too many items. (nvm that's for the Jungle, I think). Oh well.

ONE MORE PART LEFT UNTIL THE SPLIT STORY YES

Good to know!

Haha, it turns out that the split story wasn't as hard to narrate as I thought it would be. I did half of it from memory, though, so I hope it's all correct!

yeah, what Follow said.

ONTO BERYL:

If you didn't save all the police, the police won't be hypnotized in the Gym, and you fight Corey in the Corrosive Field instead of the Corrosive Mist.

Tropius is available in the Jungle on sunny (or windy, I forgot) days. (nvm, to have to do a later event with the Nuzleaf.)

Helioptile can be found on the roof on sunny days. Pokesnax required to take it.

Big Root in Jungle, again, is optional.

After saving all the police, if you go back to the chief, he'll give you a Growlithe. You can trade this for an Azurill with one of the officers.

After Corey, if you go back to the Mansion in the Jungle, you can clean up the Mansion. After doing so, the Gothitelle will give you a Soul Candle, and you have the option of taking a Gothita with you.

At night, if you go to one of the pumpkins with the Soul Candle, Pumpkaboo will attack.

That's all I remember, for now.

Edited by Chubb the Pig

yeah, what Follow said.

ONTO BERYL:

If you didn't save all the police, the police won't be hypnotized in the Gym, and you fight Corey in the Corrosive Field instead of the Corrosive Mist.

Tropius is available in the Jungle on sunny (or windy, I forgot) days. (nvm, to have to do a later event with the Nuzleaf.)

Helioptile can be found on the roof on sunny days. Pokesnax required to take it.

Big Root in Jungle, again, is optional.

After saving all the police, if you go back to the chief, he'll give you a Growlithe. You can trade this for an Azurill with one of the officers.

After Corey, if yo go back to the Mansion in the Jungle, you can clean up the Mansion. After doing so, the Gothitelle will give you a Soul Candle, and you have the option of taking a Gothita with you.

At night, if you go to one of the pumpkins with the Soul Candle, Pumpkaboo will attack.

That's all I remember, for now.

Oh, wow, okay!! I'll look for all of that, thank you so much!!

Since a lot of these take place after you beat Corey, I'll probably include them in the next guide!

Edited by sparsyle-0

No prob. I found out most of these when I was exploring Beryl recently, while I was up to Shade.

More stuffs:

I think there's a Zangoose Hide-And-Seek you can start in Peridot, but you need to have ALL the Alleys. I've only found it once, though.

As for Corey's Gym, you can also turn the thingies red instead of blue.

If you go back to Corey's room, there'll be his Silver Ring, which you need for some later Pokemon events. (You apparently can also sell it...)

I might not be able to help that much later on, since my Dark mono against Kiki isn't going so great, but oh well.

Edited by Chubb the Pig

Also I was just posting to comment on the usefulness of the guide, tbh I actually think it's better than nickaboo's since I don't think nick included gym leader movesets in his walkthrough. I just answered Gabe's question in the mean time even if he posted in the wrong thread (Also @Gabe the post you made in the guide about sucker punch you should have posted here though. Only Sophia posts in the guide thread because it's her guide, posting corrections on her guide is what this discussion thread is here for)

Speaking of corrections, it's kinda trivial but Sophia you should probably add a note to the end of the introduction in the first post of the guide saying something along the lines of "Also, spoilers" even though it's kind of obvious with it being a guide :$

There's also the sidequest with picking up all of the book pages in the Beryl Library you should probably include in the most recent post too before you continue in the next post with the events that take place in Lapis

Thank you so much ohmygoodness!!! That's a good idea about the spoilers, just in case. And I'm planning on including that sidequest in the next part of the guide before I start the whole Lapis shebang. Thanks for all of your input!!

Also, everyone's right about Gyarados. If you got your Magikarp while it was still available, then you won't lose it by updating your game. It's simply unobtainable at the moment :(. When the event is played out to its entirety, I'll include it in the guide.

Edited by sparsyle-0

That event was taken out, actually. It was changed back to the Magikarp event, but it is now MUCH longer, and goes all the way to Agate. And you still don't get the Magikarp.

We'll probably get it at or after the Elite 4 at this rate. The Ducklett event was moved to Obsidia Park, by the way.

That event was taken out, actually. It was changed back to the Magikarp event, but it is now MUCH longer, and goes all the way to Agate. And you still don't get the Magikarp.

so does that mean I am already doing the magikarp event because I did this event?

Looks promising but other people have already started guides. Just make sure that you update it regularly otherwise it will suffer the downfall of no continuation but keep up the good work!

Yeah, hear you. I'm working on beating Shelly right now, so hold on.

Don't force yourself to do anything too extreme if school and personal life is getting in the way though :/ A guide isn't a priority over your well being

Also, you might wanna correct these^ to Magma Gang and Aqua Gang to avoid confusion since that's the canon names for the gangs

True, I'll do that, thanks!