Monotype suggestions

XxSilentWinterxX

Monotype suggestion  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What type should I use

A Ground-type mono would be interesting to read :D

I'm currently doing a ground monotype and it isn't that interesting :/

The only hard part is before Julia where you can only have your starter, but after that it's pretty easy! You can have a lot of options and so many double types that makes the monorun look less mono...

I'm currently doing a ground monotype and it isn't that interesting :/

The only hard part is before Julia where you can only have your starter, but after that it's pretty easy! You can have a lot of options and so many double types that makes the monorun look less mono...

Ah I see. I don't think I've ever seen anyone here do a Ground mono, so I voted for that.

If so, I'll put another vote to Electric.

Honedge would just be way too overpowered even by my tastes. It learns its perfect moveset exclusively through lvlup and evolution, has the perfect fighting/ghost move coverage, and can setup fairly safely entirely by itself. If theres any pokemon that could potentially solo reborn, honedge would be a good candidate, double battles would be the only threat lol.

I think the best two canidates for ghost mono run starter would be ghastly/litwick. Both are really strong but not gamebreaking by themselves and are two stage evolutions pokemon like traditional starters.

Do to limited options Id probably say back it up with one or two other ghost types so that the early game is remotely playable without going past level cap.

Theres always the option of haxing in something like Insurgence's delta charmander :P but they may be excessive.

Edited by madf0x

If ghost I'd say use Litwick or Frillish as a starter. Especially Frillish will make the first 2 gyms harder.

But I voted poison, so.... there's that...

Oh, that's true because of Froslass. XD I hadn't considered that, but figuring it would take such a long time to get it to a Froslass, I might opt to using it way later rather than earlier. It couldn't be a ghost run if I had Snorunt for a big chunk of the game. :P

Also, who would I talk to about getting the correct Pokemon as a starter? I plan on going with a Male Frillish, but I don't think they're available in-game yet.

Edited by Octy