Tips for a new game

pyroice

Hello guys, well, since it seems ep.15 it's going to take some time to arrive, I decided to start a new save (while backing up my save :3)

but since it's been a LOOOOONG time since I first played the game (I started at ep.12), I forgot everything to do in the beginning.

So I wanted some tips for what to do before the 1st gym, what do you guys recommend? :P

EDIT: BTW, sorry if its on the wrong section and gramatical errors, english is not my first language :P

Edited by pyroice

Hello guys, well, since it seems ep.15 it's going to take some time to arrive, I decided to start a new save (while backing up my save :3)

but since it's been a LOOOOONG time since I first played the game (I started at ep.12), I forgot everything to do in the beginning.

So I wanted some tips for what to do before the 1st gym, what do you guys recommend? :P

EDIT: BTW, sorry if its on the wrong section and gramatical errors, english is not my first language :P

I'm not too sure what you're asking... but yeah there isn't much to do before the 1st gym. I guess you could get all the event Pokemon available to you before Julia (e.g Espurr, Budew, Whismur etc.)... but yeah that's about it.

You could fish a Remoraid in the Fisher Guy's house in West Peridot. They have LIGHTNINGROD. XD You'll need the old rod first... I think he gives it too you. (The first gym is Electric)

Edited by Sonikku

i managed to get a moxie mightyena and swept her. poochyena can be found in a few of the alleyways. good luck finding one with it's hidden ability. yet that lightning rod goldeen doesn't sound like a bad idea either.

Edited by EonicEevee

You could fish a Remoraid in the Fisher Guy's house in West Peridot. They have LIGHTNINGROD. XD You'll need the old rod first... I think he gives it too you. (The first gym is Electric)

not remoraid but goldeen.

Well, I managed to get Espurr,electrike (I was lucky that I got a thunderstorm soon) and surskit, and I also managed to find the old rod.

But, I didn't even knew that goldeen could get lightningrod, hahahaha

Thanks for the help guys :D

I would also get kricketot with run away. it will evolve at lvl 10 in kricketune and it will have technician and it will learn fury cutter. It is amzing for the first 2 gyms and it gets focus energy and since gen 6 focus energy raises crit by 2 stages and stage 2 is 50% crit rate.

I second this. However, I recommend leveling the Kricketot to level 16 before evolving. At level 16 Kricketot learns Bug Bite. Technician boosted Bug Bite is powerful.

Well, for now my team for battling Julia consists on:

Lv.11 Trubbish

Lv.15 Surskit

Lv.15 Kricketune

Lv.16 Combusken

Lv.14 Espurr

EDIT: Just beat her using toxic spikes + fury cutter from kricketune, :P

Edited by pyroice