Help me choose a balanced team.

SpecsWeavile

HI WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!! EVEN THOUGH I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT MAKING TEAMS WITH EVS AND IVS AND ALL THAT SHIZZ I'M JUST POSTING THIS TO SAY HI AND WELCOME TO THE FORUMS I HOPE THIS MESSAGE MAKES YOU FEEL GOOD!!!!!

Calm down, don't make our new friend scared. Anyways, I COULD suggest a team, but Etesian is the god of team creating so I'll leave that for him.

i'm not a competitive battler by any means, but i can guess a couple of things that people are going to recommend from your box.

-- gengar. it can get a nice moveset by breeding.

-- durant. apparently hustle + hone claws = gg.

-- archeops for obvious reasons. you can breed e-quake onto it too, i think.

-- gourgeist. it's a great physical wall, i believe?

First off, you'd benefit hugely from going back to pre-E13 for moves. My pinned guide in this section explains everything you need to know about breeding for moves including the exact process how to get these moves, but feel free to send me a PM if you have any question :) So that I can recommend the best possible, I'll assume you will do so with my recommendations here. Welp, here we go!

Durant

Hustle

Jolly, Max Attack and Speed EVs

Hone Claws

Rock Slide

Iron Head

X-Scissor

Essentially 190 Speed due to Hustle, Hone Claws to buff that even more and remove accuracy issues, great physical defense and Steel typing that lets you set up on anything baring Fire-typed attackers. Speaking of Fire, don't worry about it, this thing swept even Charlotte.

For items, go with a boosting item, Steel Plate or something. Or Wide Lens (found on wild Yanma (20% chance of them holding on if you have a Compound Eyes user in the first slot, even if it's fainted) since at +1 accuracy, Rock Slide doesn't have perfect accuracy (it's like 95%)).

Ninetales

Drought

Timid, Max Speed and Special Attack EVs

Flamethrower

Energy Ball

Nasty Plot

Hidden Power Ground/Rock

Sun boosted STAB Flamethrower hurts. To the point that that alone justifies it's use, but it also gets Nasty Plot and great coverage. It also works really well with the next member...

For items, Heat Rock to prolong sunlight, both for itself and for the next member...

Heliolisk

Solar Power

Timid, Max Speed and Special Attack EVs

Thunderbolt

Grass Knot

Hidden Power Ice

Dark Pulse

As if this thing didn't hit hard enough, it gets Solar Power and we get Ninetales. Surf seems tempting, but HP Ice is superior; same power (cuz Sunlight weakens Water-typed attacks but not Ice-typed attacks, so they both have 90 BP) but Ice is much better coverage.

Gourgeist

Frisk

Impish, Max Health and Defense EVs

Leech Seed

Will-o-Wisp

Phantom Force

Protect

Now, from the last three, you can already tell I'm not one for stall. Good thing this thing isn't stall (technically). Will-o-Wisp weakens any physical attack so it does next to nothing, Leech Seed heals off all that nothing done to you, WoW and LS together take 1/4th of the foe's health each turn, Phantom Force is a strong STAB but more importantly it and Protect together make you invulnerable while your statuses do damage; your foe loses 3 quarters of their health just to hit you once with an attack that won't do anything.... just, uh, don't get too close to special attackers, but even underleveled, this thing soloed Solaris Garchomp on the Volcano and that still wasn't the most impressive thing it's done. This thing exists to make fun of any physical attacker (sure does fit it's Pokemon Y Dex entry, except for the hugging)

For items, you can dig up a link for E9 somewhere and find wild Munchlax on trees in the Wasteland for Leftovers, the best item for this thing by far, I can probably dig up a link somewhere if you want it?

Staraptor

Reckless

Jolly, Max Attack and Speed

Double-Edge

Brave Bird

Close Combat

Endeavor

Simple, destructive stuff. Bring it in, pick the appropriate move, Endeavor once recoil damage racks up. Many people don't really like recoil moves in-game, but it's definitely worth it.

Archeops
Defeatist *sigh*

Jolly, Max Speed and Attack

Earthquake

Rock Slide

Acrobatics

Dragon Claw

*sigh* yes, Defeatist. Fortunately, that's about the only thing preventing Archeops from doing work. For the last move, having Dragon coverage will really come in handy when Sapphira comes around, but you can also go for Endeavor since Defeatist doesn't decrease Speed.

For items, some boosting items when you don't need Acrobatics or nothing. Also, stack up on some Flying Gems in the Obsidia Department Store since Acrobatics gets the no-item boost even with a Flying Gem on.

Gengar

Levitate

Timid, Max Speed and Special Attack

Shadow Ball

Sludge Bomb

Thunderbolt

Destiny Bond

Attack or use Destiny Bond in unfortunate match-ups or as a last resort which Gengar can pull of well due to it's high Speed.

Empoleon

Torrent

Modest, Max Special Attack, 80 Speed, rest into Health

Scald

Ice Beam

Grass Knot

Agility

Set up Agility to outspeed the world (80 Speed EVs to outspeed 110 bases after Agility) and abuse that 111 base Special Attack.

For items, Leftovers are pretty good on it considering it's huge defenses.

Nidoking

Sheer Force

Modest/Timid, Max Speed and Special Attack

Sludge Wave

Earth Power

Thunderbolt/Flamethrower

Ice Beam

I was thinking Mamoswine at first, but this thing hits even harder, especially if you get it a Life Orb since Sheer Force negates LO recoil (still don't get how, leave it to Game Freak to make nonsensical decision) and it has way better coverage. It doesn't have a priority move, but that's the only thing it's inferior in and priority isn't even that necessary in-game.

For items, Life Orb obviously.

Honchkrow

Moxie

Adamant, Max Attack and Health

Tailwind

Night Slash

Drill Peck

Sucker Punch

After Tailwind, even without investment you'll outspeed almost everything so you might as well put EVs into Health for longevity. It's simple to use. Weaken the foe, set Tailwind, get even more Moxie boosts via STABs, Sucker Punch to keep the sweep going once Tailwind is out.

For items, give it a Scope Lens so that Night Slash crits 50% of the time.

Aaaaaand there's that. 5 of the first 6 are part of my 8-member rotation and 4-0 was the worst I did in any battle.
Regarding items, except for Ninetales and Nidoking, boosting items such as Miracle Seed or the Plates work as well.

Once again, if you need any help with breeding the moves in pre-E13, just send me a PM.

Welp, there you go, hope this helps you out somewhat :)

Staraptor

Reckless

Jolly, Max Attack and Speed

Double-Edge

Brave Bird

Close Combat

Endeavor

Simple, destructive stuff. Bring it in, pick the appropriate move, Endeavor once recoil damage racks up. Many people don't really like recoil moves in-game, but it's definitely worth it.

Are there any solid replacements for this? Togetic is not avaliable so I can't breed double-edge, and I really don't like recoil in-game because then I'll have to spend a lot of money for healing items after a simple trainer battle.

Blaziken, Yanmega, Sharpedo, Gengar, Porygon(trained to Porygon Z), Mamoswine.

Just my thoughts

Is dubious disc in the game?

Are there any solid replacements for this? Togetic is not avaliable so I can't breed double-edge, and I really don't like recoil in-game because then I'll have to spend a lot of money for healing items after a simple trainer battle.

Is dubious disc in the game?

How's this?

Toxicroak

Poison Touch

Jolly, Max Attack and Defense EVs

Bulk Up

Poison Jab

Drain Punch

Sucker Punch

If you set up, you win, and it's not even that difficult to do so. Unlike most set-upers that buff one of their defenses, there's absolutely no reason to worry about special attacker coming in and raining on your parade due to Sucker Punch. Then there's Drain Punch as a healing STAB. Dry Skin is neat, but Poison Touch gives you a 10% chance to poison with any attack that isn't Poison Jab; that one has a 44% chance to do so.

But, looking at what we've got already, I'd say get a Tynamo. Now that an Iron Tail tutor exists, Eelektross Coil set is actually really really good. And having no weakness is always awesome.

Eelektross

Levitate

Sassy/Careful, Max HP and Special Defense

Coil

Iron Tail/Brick Break/Bounce/Crunch

You can run any of those 4 moves as you last 3, but I like IT, BB and Bounce the best, since that makes the most out of the accuracy boost, the added effects are nice and it's great coverage, resisted only by a handful of Electric types, but those can't do anything back to you. But thing is, you don't have to think about countering your weaknesses with this thing, so you can run any of those 4 moves. EVs are in Sp.Def since Coil is already boosting your Attack and Defense to very high levels, it's just so you can take a hit from a special attacker without difficulty and OHKO it in return.

And yeah, the Dubious Disc is in the Glitch City I believe. Though I don't think you need it, it's really not that great in Reborn, the only attacks it gets that are worth mentioning are it's STAB Tri Attack and Discharge and you've already got enough Electric attacks even without it on your team.