What does love feel like?

"You'll know what love is when you have it."

Sometimes you have that sorta thing to go. As something like that seems very vague and not very detailed I'll attempt to elaborate on the subject.

Love is in fact an emotion but, it doesn't always have to resort to the sort of romance you see in most forms of social media. It can be both romantic and platonic; Showing the utmost care for something you hold dear to you. Rather it be a person or a possessive object, both can take on both roles on platonic or romantic love.

The actually emotion and feeling isn't really present unless you really have an utmost care for that person. You can respect the person immensely or you could show some signs of caring. These are often confused with love and that honestly isn't what love really.

It's showing that in an extreme almost. Showing the fullest range of effection and appreciation. A combination set to a high for both respect and caringness. It is something a bar above having just a simple relationship with something.

Hope this helps.

I assume it's the more intense feeling of hearing your favorite song~ Still, love can be brought about from various sources and exist in different states- physical, mental, spiritual, and any others.

Well, there are a lot of kinds of love, and they all feel different to me, personally. There's love for your family, romantic love, love for an ideal... The list could go on and on. Though personally, I think romantic love is the kind of love that is easiest to "feel." For me, you can feel it in your chest, almost like a tugging sensation. Your happiest times are when you're with that person, and your thoughts constantly return to them when you're apart. Even after seeing and acknowledging their flaws, if that feeling doesn't change, then I think that's love at its finest.

Having mountains of unrequited feelings towards other guys even if you try your best to be as nice as you can because they're never gay as well and even if they were they'd be totally out of your league :I

Well... to be honest, now i kinda try to avoid becoming too attached to anyone now (Points at my title), save for some few special persons, because it really hurts when you get attached to someone and this someone doesn't reciprocate and/or just leaves your life for some reason. (I know it's silly, and i'm trying to get over this problem.)

So... i guess love would be... when you just feel the need to make the one you love as happy as you can, and that someone feels the same way about you?

I mean, if i'd be in a relationship, i'd honestly try and give my best to transcend my limits to make sure the one i love would be forever as happy as possible at my side, i'd weigh all their pain on my own shoulders if need be, and i'd share all my joyful moments and my life with that person as well, but i wouldn't admit that person walking all over me, i can be a sweetheart in a moment, but if you dare to take advantage of my will to please, i'll gladly become as cold as one of those mornings you wake up early and see there's no one by your side.

tl;dr I think love is when you'd gladly do everything to make sure that one person is happy by your side, and that person genuinely feels the same way about you.

Having mountains of unrequited feelings towards other guys even if you try your best to be as nice as you can because they're never gay as well and even if they were they'd be totally out of your league :I

Well... to be honest

Oi, don't be saying that first part isn't honest. Everyone else is out of your league. They ain't got those mountains, only valleys.

love is when you meteor smash shulks into oblivion, so they can stop feeling anything. >>

"Love is when two people inspire each other to live."

Nah, that's when two people are in love with each other. Love doesn't care if it's one sided. But that's not a bad description at all.

Love is when you feel complete and can't function normally as you do if that significant other is gone. Love is when you unravel your entire soul to a person and they literally hold your life in their hands. Absolute trust. They accept all of you and your imperfections.

That's the way i see it.

Love is always patient and kind. It is never jealous. Love is never boastful or conceited. It is never rude or selfish. It does not take offense and is not resentful. --A Walk to Remember

Love also hurts; however, it will always forgive and compromise. Love is that pit of guilt that pools in your stomach when you realize you've hurt someone and need to fix it.

Basically, it boils down to love being a deep caring about those who you're close to, and finding that you wouldn't be able to survive without them around or that they've helped make you into a better person in some way, shape, or form. It's hard to actually describe love because we all feel it differently-- it affects our thoughts, our emotions, our way of going through life. It's one of the most pure things in the world, untainted by corruption and crime, driven by the necessity to have those people around you.

• Support Squad

Love is always patient and kind. It is never jealous. Love is never boastful or conceited. It is never rude or selfish. It does not take offense and is not resentful. --A Walk to Remember

bugger off, the longest standing relationships between two happy people I know have been full of impatient, angry fun.

In that way, love is a very subjective thing, just like many other concepts of it's like.

Love is complicated to say the least.. It's an emotion that surpasses anger, happiness, hate and every other possible feeling.. It is intense enough to make you feel alive, and painful enough to make you want to die..

It's difficult to control.. It can be for anybody or thing and of any type, platonic or romantic..(Cowtao said it best) It makes you do things you never would.. It makes you happy and sad.. It defies reason..

It makes you feel safe when you are with the ones you love and scared when they aren't around.. You want to protect them from everything yet know that they need to be free..

It means having absolute trust for someone, and caring about them over yourself.. It also ends up hurting like hell when these things aren't returned by that person..

More importantly it just means giving your all.. Spending time with that person and always being there to support them.. Helping them in life and sharing their happiness and sadness..

• 2 weeks later...

love can manifest itself in different forms. I guess for the most part you'd have to feel it first before you know for sure but here is the basic definition:

to care for another deeply

to find the need to be with them in some form

to want to help them in some way

Because I´m a bit in love right now I can just write down what I think I guess. Won´t be much, as love isn´t much about thinking and my brain probably looks like Muk right now because even her smile simply bewitches me and makes me so happy n dizzy to the point I lose myself. Love really does weird things to people, especially to me ~

It can make you completely lose your train of thought when you suddenly start to think about this very special person and you just can´t avoid it. Love is a feeling you can´t supress easily.

Love is like a drug. It makes you so very happy, but it´s addictive as hell.

But unlike drugs love is something you can´t avoid (At least I hope so. Being in love is such a great feeling^^)

Love is like placing your heart, which is made out of glass, into the hands of the very person you care the most about, trusting them to not let it fall because the shards hurt. And vice versa. But love is not like trade. You don´t get what you give, it can be a bit one-sided as well.

Love can make you angry when one does something to your crush, it can make you sad when the person you love is far away, it can make you feel worried when the person you care about has a difficult time.

One feeling to rule them all, able to cause them all~

...At least that´s how I feel about it. I´m super addicted to a sweet girl´s smile. Yes, even this makes me happy already. I´m kinda crazy and each time I see her with that headband and that adorable smile, I just wanna up and hug her .____.

Funny thing is we both kinda missed the way we know we had to go because we both distracted each other by talking and looking at each other. Either that or I distracted her and was lost in thought at the same time, resulting in us going the wrong way for a moment, which was pretty awkward ^-^
I feel like all that love-stuff is grinding my brain down into dust, but I like it ~