Your Favorite ROM Hack?

Deja Vu

What is your favorite Pokemon rom hack?

I personally had the most fun nuzlocking Drayano's Sacred Gold and Blaze Black. I tried some other hacks like Ashgray and Perfect Platinum which both I never completed 'cuz I found them too boring and predictable. I heard good stuff about Light Platinum so I'm trying that one next.

Interested to know what other hacks everyone else in here like. :)

Edited by Deja Vu

Gladed is my favourite. The graphics are the best I've seen for a ROM, and it even went to include Delphox, Greninja and Chesnaught on its last update. A shame getting these three is the buggiest and most impossible mission ever (I have never achieved to get Chesty despite the other two, not even with tricks). Five starters one of them being Riole (which becomes quite strong after learning a legit fighting move other than counter...) and the fact that this was the first game ever where I actually got my main team all to level 100... and other 11 teams before that. The second Elite Four+Champion are pretty hard IMO without means of recovery after battles, and you can even get to battle a bunch of champions in a battle frontier kind of thing. Also you can get a lot of legendaries, and the post game gets you to do some pretty interesting bullshit, like battling an all level 100 Red inside a volcano. That's fucking awesome.

The rest I've played (Dark rising, light platinum, flora sky, etc.), yeah not even comparable.

OK, so I decided to play Glazed 1st and I must say, man, it was such a major disappointment. The game was way too easy for a ROM hack and gets ridiculously buggy in Johto. I mean, for instance once I got to Cianwood city, I literally lost access to my bag? It no longer shows on my menu.

The game's graphics are the best I've ever seen on any ROM hack but that was pretty much all there was for it, IMO. I liked some of the features like the EV training dojos but overall I think the game is very overrated.

OK, so I decided to play Glazed 1st and I must say, man, it was such a major disappointment. The game was way too easy for a ROM hack and gets ridiculously buggy in Johto. I mean, for instance once I got to Cianwood city, I literally lost access to my bag? It no longer shows on my menu.

The game's graphics are the best I've ever seen on any ROM hack but that was pretty much all there was for it, IMO. I liked some of the features like the EV training dojos but overall I think the game is very overrated.

Ιn fact most of Rom Hacks are Overrated

That's probably because the route west of Cianwood is based on the original Battle Frontier facility (can't remember which one it was...) - hence you can't access your bag in that area.

Ιn fact most of Rom Hacks are Overrated

I agree.

That's probably because the route west of Cianwood is based on the original Battle Frontier facility (can't remember which one it was...) - hence you can't access your bag in that area.

I think you are confusing it with the route west of Olivine City. The route west of Cianwood leads to the Safari Zone in HGSS.

I just finished Discovery's beta and I must say, it's impressive. If it gets finished, it's going to be the best hack in my opinion. I love how far hacks have progressed script-wise since I started playing them years ago...

There's no point saying hacks are overrated, I mean, everybody likes different things in their pokemans, so of course some hacks are going to get praised and you wind up disliking them. Like in Raptor, you catch nearly every legendary. Personally I couldn't care less but lots of people like legendaries. Some people hate not having a choice of starters, and I quite like it in games like Prism. It allows for a more personal connection with it, so to speak.

There's no point saying hacks are overrated, I mean, everybody likes different things in their pokemans, so of course some hacks are going to get praised and you wind up disliking them. Like in Raptor, you catch nearly every legendary. Personally I couldn't care less but lots of people like legendaries. Some people hate not having a choice of starters, and I quite like it in games like Prism. It allows for a more personal connection with it, so to speak.

Agreed. In the end, it's all about personal taste really.

I think you are confusing it with the route west of Olivine City. The route west of Cianwood leads to the Safari Zone in HGSS.

Yeah I meant that route with all the cliffs and stuff, which I'm positive that it is west of Cianwood.

yeah thesuzerain made Z/O and is now working on Insurgence, which really explains why its a pretty clean and well made game, the developer already has tons of experience.

I think a lot of issues with hacks and fan games is they simply arent well polished. People get ideas and rush them out the door without really going through it with a fine comb.