Third Gym Field Effect.

ReddestDream

So, I'm trying to get Corey to use the Corrosive Mist Field Effect instead of the Corrosive Field Effect, and I read it had something to do with whether or not you rescued all the policemen before you face him.

So, I did that, but he's still using the Corrupted Field Effect . . . :(

Do you have to rescue all the policeman BEFORE you beat ZEL and Taka in that last double battle for it to work properly?

I have plenty of backup saves, so I can just go back to before I beat ZEL and Taka, but I just want to make sure I'm not missing something else.

I'm using 14.5, but I also tested it in 14.1 and no dice. Still the Corrupted Field Effect . . .

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks! ^_^

Edited by ReddestDream

I think it has to be before you defeat Taka and ZEL. If the deadline isn't right then, it's immediately after the cutscene where Taka and ZEL flee.

I mean, I'm doing it immediately afterward (like before I've even set foot in Corey's gym but after the cutscene has finished), and it's not working.

I guess you have to do it before you beat Taka and ZEL. That makes sense in the plot, so . . .

Thanks! ^_^

Edited by ReddestDream

If I recall correctly, I think it depends on whether or not you reveal Corey's identity to Heather which activates the Corrosive Mist Field. If you tell her the truth, you get the mist. If you don't tell her you get the normal Corrosive Field

Edited by AdmiralTowa

If I recall correctly, I think it depends on whether or not you reveal Corey's identity to Heather which activates the Corrosive Mist Field. If you tell her the truth, you get the mist. If you don't tell her you get the normal Corrosive Field

Actually, that's not the case. Heather learns the truth if you save the police officers. If you don't save the police, she never finds out.

Actually, that's not the case. Heather learns the truth if you save the police officers. If you don't save the police, she never finds out.

Is that so? If I recall correctly the reason he gases the field is because he's mad that Heather found out and ran away. If you have to save the police officer for her to find out, then I'm pretty sure you have to save all the police officers before the Taka/ZEL/Pulse battle, since the scene should occur either right before or after the Taka/ZEL/Pulse battle.

Yes, before you fight Taka and ZEL you have to find all 5 police officers, then when the battle is over and they all flee, Corey gets stopped by the police in his escape. There he will be unmasked as Corey and Heather sees it. The cops go after him to his gym, where he hides and activates some poison to control the cops. That's how you get the mist.

If only i knew to talk to the growlithe a second time, I would have gotten it.

Well, it's something to keep in mind for my second playthrough I am thinking to do.

Why do you want it so badly?

Story wise or do you want to make the fight more interesting? Because 1 Gust pretty much takes care of the mist....

Why do you want it so badly?

Story wise or do you want to make the fight more interesting? Because 1 Gust pretty much takes care of the mist....

In the Mist Field, Fire attacks are powered up. It also gets Flame Burst as a last resort, to blow any annoying foe away (along with itself, but hey).

Thank you everyone! I got it to work now. ^_^

Yes, you have to rescue all the policemen BEFORE you fight Zel and Taka.

I think you might have to pick up the Growlithe too because after you do if you talk to the Chief again, he says, "The Reborn Police are now fully operational," or something like that . . .

You'll know you've done it right because an extra scene with the police occurs right after the battle . . .

Edited by ReddestDream