These mons in the club like what up

Chilibunny

Hola. Been building a new shiny team. I've got my fair share (17) of rotation Pokés now too, but these are the ones used and to be used the most. Some help would be appreciated, as always. Positive and negative critisism are both great. Held item suggestions too, please! ^_^

typhlosion.gif

Clayton (Male) holding nada, suggest!

Modest

Flash Fire

252 SpA / 252 Spe

- Eruption

- Flamethrower

- Nature Power

- Hidden Power (Grass)

A wrecker. Especially when Choice Scarf becomes available. Just bred so nothing big done for it yet.

crawdaunt.gif

Sebastian (Male) holding Mystic Water

Adamant

Adaptability

252 Att / 252 Spe

- Swords Dance

- Crabhammer

- Aqua Jet

- Knock Off

Hits like a truck. Seriously, a +2 Crabhammer from this thing OHKO's a ton. Even things that resist it.

vileplume-f.gif

Maleficent (SHINY!!! Female), holding Big Root

Modest

Effect Spore

252 HP / 252 SpA

- Sleep Powder

- Toxic

- Giga Drain

- Moonblast

The Reborn shiny is beautiful. Its the one who's moveset I'm having the most trouble with. Couldn't bother to breed Sludge Bomb in E12, so that'll have to wait. Nature Power over Toxic, maybe? It's Hidden Power is unfortunately Water. Damn 30 IVs. I also had a Black Sludge but it disappeared for some reason.

gallade.gif

D'Artagnan (Male duh), holding Black Belt

Jolly

Justified

252 Att / 252 Spe

- Swords Dance

- Close Combat

- Psycho Cut

- Hypnosis

Great as always. Gallade having Hypnosis could lead to Sludge Bomb maybe replacing Maleficent's Sleep Powder later on. Or Will-O-Wisp might replace Hypnosis. I know I could get it right now in E12, but Hypnosis is good for now I guess.

cinccino.gif

Beauty (Female), holding Scope Lens (atleast until King's Rock)

Jolly

Skill Link

252 Att / 252 Spe

- Tail Slap

- Rock Blast

- Bullet Seed

- Knock Off

She's been reliable for my whole playthrough. Scope Lens + Skill Link is money. Tail Slap hits super hard everything that doesn't resist it.

sylveon.gif

Toulouse (Male), holding Pixie Plate

Calm

Pixilate

252 HP / 252 SpD

- Moonblast

- Wish

- Light Screen

- Trump Card

Sucks up special hits better than anything not named Chansey or Blissey, at least it feels like it. Hits surprisingly hard with Moonblast, and everybody knows the power of Pixilate Trump Card. Wish is there because I don't like to use healing items, really.

AND, I could replace Sylveon with a togekiss.gif, could you suggest me some sets for one?

Something like a haxing Nasty Plot/Air Slash/Aura Sphere/filler? Would like some help with that.

Thank you in advance! :P

Take a look at Item Guide thread last posts u will found that Black Sludge u want

Yeah I got that one like a week ago. Now it has disappeared from my bag. I went back to the place where its found but nothing. Weird as hell.

Flash Fire will almost never come in handy, especially now that we're done with Charlotte and all that, so you might as well change it's Ability to Blaze for the extra power every now and then. It's Speed is nothing that great, so I'd roll with Timid over Modest, but that's just me. Anyways, Typhlosion's main gimmick is it's fast Eruption, it's unlikely to OHKO Water-type foes with HP Grass. Instead, you can get it HP Rock and Extrasensory to give it perfect neutral coverage.

Just give it a Charcoal (7th Street salesman).

Good stuff. Swords Dance or Dragon Dance is entirely up to preference, so there's no problems here, though I prefer DD, without it you may finding yourself limit by Speed and low defenses, forcing you to spam Aqua Jet and hope for the best.

If we ignore Sludge Bomb, that's it's best set. If we don't, Toxic<Sludge Bomb since your team isn't too stally there, Vileplume being the only thing bulky on both sides. IMO, Black Sludge is a waaaaay better item for it.

Don't ever use Hypnosis. Ever. 60% accuracy? That's as reliable as taking up Solaris' offer to fight his Garchomp by yourself, without any Pokemon. Give it Night Slash/Leaf Blade and give it a Scope Lens instead of a Black Belt, that way both Psycho Cut and NS/LB will crit 50% of the time. Steadfast is also much more likely to be activated and has a more beneficial effect.

It's already fast as hell while it's Attack stat could use a boost, so make it Adamant. It'd also be better to run Aqua Tail instead of Knock Off IMO.

It's already bulky as hell specially, while on the physical side it's...not that good, might as well shift those HP EVs over to Special Attack, so that your "nuke" (TC) is an actual "nuke". You could keep the HP EVs for Wish and move the Sp.Def EVs over, but that'd leave you weaker on the special side, while not really doing much for your physical defense still.

Nope. Maybe someone else helps you with this one, but I'm sure as hell not giving any thoughts on the Toge line.

The togepi line best set is Nasty Plot/Air Slash/Dazzling Gleam/Aura Sphere. While we can't get dazzling gleam, flamethrower is the way to go.

*Looking at togekiss page on bulbapedia. SERENE GRACE + AIR SLASH + 120 BASE SPATT!! FUCK YEAH! Also, make it timid, it needs as much speed as possible.

Edited by Follow

Flash Fire will almost never come in handy, especially now that we're done with Charlotte and all that, so you might as well change it's Ability to Blaze for the extra power every now and then. It's Speed is nothing that great, so I'd roll with Timid over Modest, but that's just me. Anyways, Typhlosion's main gimmick is it's fast Eruption, it's unlikely to OHKO Water-type foes with HP Grass. Instead, you can get it HP Rock and Extrasensory to give it perfect neutral coverage.

Just give it a Charcoal (7th Street salesman).

Good stuff. Swords Dance or Dragon Dance is entirely up to preference, so there's no problems here, though I prefer DD, without it you may finding yourself limit by Speed and low defenses, forcing you to spam Aqua Jet and hope for the best.

If we ignore Sludge Bomb, that's it's best set. If we don't, Toxic<Sludge Bomb since your team isn't too stally there, Vileplume being the only thing bulky on both sides. IMO, Black Sludge is a waaaaay better item for it.

Don't ever use Hypnosis. Ever. 60% accuracy? That's as reliable as taking up Solaris' offer to fight his Garchomp by yourself, without any Pokemon. Give it Night Slash/Leaf Blade and give it a Scope Lens instead of a Black Belt, that way both Psycho Cut and NS/LB will crit 50% of the time. Steadfast is also much more likely to be activated and has a more beneficial effect.

It's already fast as hell while it's Attack stat could use a boost, so make it Adamant. It'd also be better to run Aqua Tail instead of Knock Off IMO.

It's already bulky as hell specially, while on the physical side it's...not that good, might as well shift those HP EVs over to Special Attack, so that your "nuke" (TC) is an actual "nuke". You could keep the HP EVs for Wish and move the Sp.Def EVs over, but that'd leave you weaker on the special side, while not really doing much for your physical defense still.

Nope. Maybe someone else helps you with this one, but I'm sure as hell not giving any thoughts on the Toge line.

I'll have it hold Charcoal until I get a Choice Scarf and until that atleast it'll be Timid. I considered Extrasensory but I think its subpar. Its nooooot like this team has any problems with poison types + fighting types are going to be really scarce since we've beaten both gym leaders. I would've wanted HP Rock but oh well. I like Nature Power in Reborn; mostly strong attacks, all special, multiple type coverage. What do you think?

Gotta catch some Trubbish for a new Black Sludge then, I guess.

I know Hypnosis is super unreliable, but I have quite alot of Grass and Dark coverage already so thats why I chose it. Leaf Blade would be better though, I agree.

What would Aqua Tail help? Bullet Seed destroys Rock and Ground types. Rock Blast does the same for Fire types. It'd hit Steel types neutrally but thats it, really. :P

I'll see about the Sylveon. My team isn't exactly defensive so I like having someone with no problems taking ten Fire Blasts to the face.

Thanks again!

The togepi line best set is Nasty Plot/Air Slash/Dazzling Gleam/Aura Sphere. While we can't get dazzling gleam, flamethrower is the way to go.

Sounds great! I'll train it to be such one, but later. ^_^ And thanks for the Togepi!

I'll have it hold Charcoal until I get a Choice Scarf and until that atleast it'll be Timid. I considered Extrasensory but I think its subpar. Its nooooot like this team has any problems with poison types + fighting types are going to be really scarce since we've beaten both gym leaders. I would've wanted HP Rock but oh well. I like Nature Power in Reborn; mostly strong attacks, all special, multiple type coverage. What do you think?

Gotta catch some Trubbish for a new Black Sludge then, I guess.

I know Hypnosis is super unreliable, but I have quite alot of Grass and Dark coverage already so thats why I chose it. Leaf Blade would be better though, I agree.

What would Aqua Tail help? Bullet Seed destroys Rock and Ground types. Rock Blast does the same for Fire types. It'd hit Steel types neutrally but thats it, really. :P

I'll see about the Sylveon. My team isn't exactly defensive so I like having someone with no problems taking ten Fire Blasts to the face.

Thanks again!

I'd just use it for coverage, since Typhlosion has so few options in that regard. With Nature Power, depending on what you get, you may be completely unable to hit even neutrally (especially since it's guaranteed to get a Water attack in a Water-y environment and that kinda stuff). Compared to that, with E-sensory, it's something. We already have the Flamethrower TM, so you could just as well switch them on demand.

Make sure to have a Compound Eyes user up front (even if it's fainted, it works) while hunting it ups the chance of items on wild encounters. You can also use the On The Hunt section's pinned EV guide to see what place has the highest Trubbish encounter rate.

Yeah, there's no real point in going for Swords Dance if you only have 2 Attacks (of which one only has 5 uses). I guess Shadow Sneak would also work for it, as a "parting gift" kinda dealie.

Neeeevermind, for a second I thought that AT was stronger because I had forgotten KO's added power if the foe has an item. I also thought AT for a neural hit on Steel types, but yeah, KO does the same with even more power. Derp.

Sylveon can do that much already IMO, especially since it's Calm, but Special Attack investment would definitely pay off on it. Still, both work, so it's up to preference. Whatever floats your boat :)

Hey I noticed something, If you give your gallade trick room instead of hypnosis, and give crawdaunt, togekiss and vileplume max HP with a speed decreasing nature you'll get some nice stuff going on.

Hey I noticed something, If you give your gallade trick room instead of hypnosis, and give crawdaunt, togekiss and vileplume max HP with a speed decreasing nature you'll get some nice stuff going on.

The deal with Trick Room is to hit as hard as possible for the very short duration it lasts while the twisted speed helps with frailer hard-hitters especially. Vileplume is bulky enough to not care about Speed (same for Sylveon), Crawdaunt needs to set up to truly shine to the point that the DD set is vastly superior to TR Crawdaunt since TR will end very soon (especially considering set-up time) when it's back to business as usual with the same lackluster bulk as usual, and Typhlosion is harmed by TR by a lot while Cinccino is doomed if sent out during TR.

Yeah, I've got too many fast mons to utilize Trick Room well. In addition to getting a new Black Sludge I also need Heart Scales and it gets harder like every update... Yesterday I spent like 1,5 hours in it and only encountered two freaking Luvdisc.

For heart scale hunting I actually use mining and soft resetting.Unless I find 2 heart scales in the rock or 1 heart scale with a nice item I just hit that f12.