The new heroes

Follow

God, I was not happy with my last team, it was full of glass cannons, and I know EP15 will be released soon, so I said "challenge accepted" and built an entire new team that is not made of glass. Feel free to leave your suggestion.

A beautiful lady

http://imgur.com/JhqBKaN&1Berlvb&6moKkEB&WwWHfx4&3ghzJMy&UYAoLSU

An electric machine

http://imgur.com/JhqBKaN&1Berlvb&6moKkEB&WwWHfx4&3ghzJMy&UYAoLSU#1

Firefox T-T

http://imgur.com/JhqBKaN&1Berlvb&6moKkEB&WwWHfx4&3ghzJMy&UYAoLSU#2

An overpowered mushroom

http://imgur.com/JhqBKaN&1Berlvb&6moKkEB&WwWHfx4&3ghzJMy&UYAoLSU#3

Dany's dead brother

http://imgur.com/JhqBKaN&1Berlvb&6moKkEB&WwWHfx4&3ghzJMy&UYAoLSU#4

And the new member.

http://imgur.com/JhqBKaN&1Berlvb&6moKkEB&WwWHfx4&3ghzJMy&UYAoLSU#5

I don't think politoed deserves speed, maybe HP EVs is better. This file was started in episode 9 if you're wondering why breloom and king's rock are here. Should I replace charge beam with HP in magnezone? It's hidden power is ice btw.

Dammiiiit, great teams like this will cost me my job of managing this section! Do you want me unemployed that badly!?

Jokes and my future here aside, there's really not much to say about this, nice job :)

Some things you can consider would be:

-Giving Gardevoir Charge Beam instead of Thunderbolt. It's Special bulk is decent enough that you can afford the temporary power-down, after turn 1, you'll be hitting hard than with T-bolt anyways and you may not always want to bother setting up Calm Minds, especially against physical attackers, against whom Charge Beam attacks and does the same as Calm Mind (essentially, since Special bulk wouldn't matter in that scenario). I'd also say that Trace is the more useful Ability, but maybe that's just me.

-Yes, definitely get HP Ice on this sucker, it's great in general and especially useful for stuff weak to Ground, not to mention Magnezone being the ideal Dragon killer then(if said Dragons lack Fire, Fighting and Ground moves(hey, no one's perfect)). I'd also say you replace Metal Sound with Screech since the fastest attack you have is Breloom's STAB Technician-boosted Mach Punch, no point in weakening a foes defenses if you have nothing fast enough to take advantage of that. Also, since you're using Analytic, a Quiet nature would be best IMO, not like a freaking Magnezone would miss it's speed.

-I absolutely hate moves like Fire Blast because of their trash accuracy. Drought Flamethrower is barely weaker while it always hits, what's the point! Not like Ninetales can take any hit too well anyways. Another thing that can definitely go is Extrasensory. I've considered it it's best 4th move for a while until I found out that HP Rock is waaaaay better for it, even giving it perfect coverage! Figures that I found out too late and got my self a Ninetales with HP Water of all things...Also, while Will-o-Wisp can definitely have it's uses, I think Nasty Plot would suit it much better. I think. I mean, I've used NP to great effect, though I haven't bothered with Will-o on it. Also, next to nothing ends up living a Drought STAB anyways, so you may want to give this sucker a Miracle Seed/Meadow Plate for the times when you can't rely on it.

-Speaking of Miracle Seeds :P And not speaking of Vileplume, the OP mushroom that came to mind at first. This guy's perfect. Almost IMO. Shroomish doesn't get Rock Tomb sadly, so Breloom's best set can't be gotten in-game. Yet. Hopefully yet. I prefer running Jolly on my Breloom just cause it hits like a truck anyways, so that little extra Speed for extra Sleep can help out greatly.

-Flygon doesn't really need it's Fighting coverage since you have both Rock and Ground type moves (unless you're preparing for the ever-so-scary Normal types~), so maybe swapping it's nature to Naughty/Lonely and getting it Boomburst from Vibrava could be nice (stack up on Normal Gems if so).

-This is the only part I'm kinda iffy about with your whole team, what's your plan with this thing? I mean Politoed's level-up moves are definitely nothing to write home about. I think it's best set would be Scald, Ice Beam, Psychic and HP Grass/Electric (via Simipour>*any Water 1+Field Egg Group member*>Remoraid>Gorebyss>Poliwag). Scald is it's best STAB move IMO, not only being powerful anyways due to Drizzle, the extra burns will really come in handy for the rest of your team. You already know about Ice Beam, so I won't waste my breath(?) about that one. Psychic just because it's about the next-best thing it gets outside of the greatness that is Water+Ice coverage, coverage which is only resisted by other Water types, hence why I'd recommend HP Grass/Electric for the final moveslot. HP Electric more than Grass, Electric only wouldn't do more to Ground/Water types, but those are hit neutrally by both Scald and Ice Beam, so yeah. And yeah, give it HP EVs instead of Speed, like what's the point of Speed on this thing :P

Well, those are my 2 cents on it, hope you find this at least somewhat useful :)

Dammiiiit, great teams like this will cost me my job of managing this section! Do you want me unemployed that badly!?

Jokes and my future here aside, there's really not much to say about this, nice job :)

Some things you can consider would be:

-Giving Gardevoir Charge Beam instead of Thunderbolt. It's Special bulk is decent enough that you can afford the temporary power-down, after turn 1, you'll be hitting hard than with T-bolt anyways and you may not always want to bother setting up Calm Minds, especially against physical attackers, against whom Charge Beam attacks and does the same as Calm Mind (essentially, since Special bulk wouldn't matter in that scenario). I'd also say that Trace is the more useful Ability, but maybe that's just me.

-Yes, definitely get HP Ice on this sucker, it's great in general and especially useful for stuff weak to Ground, not to mention Magnezone being the ideal Dragon killer then(if said Dragons lack Fire, Fighting and Ground moves(hey, no one's perfect)). I'd also say you replace Metal Sound with Screech since the fastest attack you have is Breloom's STAB Technician-boosted Mach Punch, no point in weakening a foes defenses if you have nothing fast enough to take advantage of that. Also, since you're using Analytic, a Quiet nature would be best IMO, not like a freaking Magnezone would miss it's speed.

-I absolutely hate moves like Fire Blast because of their trash accuracy. Drought Flamethrower is barely weaker while it always hits, what's the point! Not like Ninetales can take any hit too well anyways. Another thing that can definitely go is Extrasensory. I've considered it it's best 4th move for a while until I found out that HP Rock is waaaaay better for it, even giving it perfect coverage! Figures that I found out too late and got my self a Ninetales with HP Water of all things...Also, while Will-o-Wisp can definitely have it's uses, I think Nasty Plot would suit it much better. I think. I mean, I've used NP to great effect, though I haven't bothered with Will-o on it. Also, next to nothing ends up living a Drought STAB anyways, so you may want to give this sucker a Miracle Seed/Meadow Plate for the times when you can't rely on it.

-Speaking of Miracle Seeds :P And not speaking of Vileplume, the OP mushroom that came to mind at first. This guy's perfect. Almost IMO. Shroomish doesn't get Rock Tomb sadly, so Breloom's best set can't be gotten in-game. Yet. Hopefully yet. I prefer running Jolly on my Breloom just cause it hits like a truck anyways, so that little extra Speed for extra Sleep can help out greatly.

-Flygon doesn't really need it's Fighting coverage since you have both Rock and Ground type moves (unless you're preparing for the ever-so-scary Normal types~), so maybe swapping it's nature to Naughty/Lonely and getting it Boomburst from Vibrava could be nice (stack up on Normal Gems if so).

-This is the only part I'm kinda iffy about with your whole team, what's your plan with this thing? I mean Politoed's level-up moves are definitely nothing to write home about. I think it's best set would be Scald, Ice Beam, Psychic and HP Grass/Electric (via Simipour>*any Water 1+Field Egg Group member*>Remoraid>Gorebyss>Poliwag). Scald is it's best STAB move IMO, not only being powerful anyways due to Drizzle, the extra burns will really come in handy for the rest of your team. You already know about Ice Beam, so I won't waste my breath(?) about that one. Psychic just because it's about the next-best thing it gets outside of the greatness that is Water+Ice coverage, coverage which is only resisted by other Water types, hence why I'd recommend HP Grass/Electric for the final moveslot. HP Electric more than Grass, Electric only wouldn't do more to Ground/Water types, but those are hit neutrally by both Scald and Ice Beam, so yeah. And yeah, give it HP EVs instead of Speed, like what's the point of Speed on this thing :P

Well, those are my 2 cents on it, hope you find this at least somewhat useful :)

Haha, thanks, this team was by far the harder one to build around.

When I face a special attacker, I can take the oportunity to set up, charge beam is actually great, but the spdef boost will definitely come in handy. Also, if I get rid ot tbolt for charge beam I'll be loosing a moveslot because I won't need calm mind. I think I'll stick with calm mind.

Nice! HP ice instead of charge beam, and Screech instead of metal sound. Quiet + analytic sounds interesting.

I hope that EP 15 does not come out like... tomorrow, because this one is going to take a while, HP rock right? Flamethrower... yes that's better, that accuracy sucks. Just noticed this thing's base spatt is not even that great, I'll give nasty plot a chance.

Breloom definintely needs rock tomb, what should I remove in the (hopefully) near future? I could have also done the bullet seed swords dance chain, but breloom doesn't have enough bulk to set up.

What about tailwind or fire punch via move tutors in the future instead of boomburst?

Politoed... Hm, the drizzle just sounds nice for me, I'm going to do this chain, but you said it is not that great, looking at the make up of my team, do you have any suggestions to replace it, I mean, I would like to keep it, but if something better than drizzle water STAB appears...

Edited by Follow

Love your team. Etesian suggested HP Ice for Magnezone, but HP Grass would work as well as it wouldn't be walled by Water/Ground types. Though I understand the shoutout for Ice, since you've already got two Pokés with Grass coverage.

Perish Song could have its uses on Politoed, too. You never know. With a set like Scald/Ice Beam/Psychic/Hidden Power the uses for the HP are going to be very scarce anyway.

Perish Song, hm yes that's an interesting thought. Probably instead of HP right? Anyways, thanks, I also enjoy the team on your sig, hey tell me something, are the elemental punches/tailwind tutors avaliable in 14.5? Flygon would appreciate them so much.

Perish Song, hm yes that's an interesting thought. Probably instead of HP right? Anyways, thanks, I also enjoy the team on your sig, hey tell me something, are the elemental punches/tailwind tutors avaliable in 14.5? Flygon would appreciate them so much.

To use Perish Song reliably on Politoed, you'd have to put all EVs into your defenses (including health), which means it won't be doing anything offensively. The AI has also been given the ability to switch out, so that is really not very likely to succeed.

And nope. It's gonna be a looooong time before we get Tailwind and/or the Punches, if ever.

Update: Iron tail is now avaliable at agate circus. Flygon can then cover fairies, is it a good choice?

Eh, not really. Atrocious accuracy aside, the Fairy type isn't so threathening defensively that you'd HAVE to have Poison and Steel moves ready, even neutral hits are plenty. Also, you have a Magnezone, Florges is abou the only Fairy type Magnezone might have trouble with, in which case you can just bring in any Physical attacker, Breloom can just put it to sleep, use Bullet Seed 1-2 times and you're done.

Btw, covering a Pokemon's weaknesses with that Pokemon itself is no real necessity if it's not a set-up sweeper, it's fine to have your teammates cover for Flygon.