Dashing Through the Snow

So this weekend, particuarly in the North East (United States), there was some pretty bad snow. I had to drive home from Ohio to Pittsburgh before it became too bad. Roads were covered the entire way through, until I got to the highway. I was going the speed limit, doing fine, when all of a sudden, it was like the snow plows just stopped. It was all snow again. I could not slow down and began swerving. Knowing that hitting my breaks would mean disaster, I just coasted, trying to keep control to the best of my abilities. While I was able to do it, a few cars behind me were not. I saw a truck vere off the road into the woods. As much as I wanted to go back and help him, I did not want to run the risk of getting trapped as well.

Anyone else have trouble this weekend?

I live in canada and one of the advantages of living where we have a ton of snow is that the plows are always ready when there is a bad snowfall, glad you remained in control because veering off into the woods does not sound like a good time.

we had 7 inches in the MidWest, which is actually melting this morning. However, the weather man is predicting Freezing rain in the morning. I have to drive an hour to my apprenticeship :L

Apparently there's a blizzard heading out my way tonight (Wisconsin). Thankfully, we're used to snow and cold here so plows will be ready. I'm really hoping for a school cancellation~