You know who I want to be the Champion?

roqi

There's also never been a Normal type Elite 4.

I hate Normal Types. They're ffin hard to beat. Looking at you, Norman and Lenora.

Of all types I will always have the most trouble with Normal Types. I can work with most, thanks to secondary types, multiple weaknesses and that kind of thing.but I will set fire to the rain if there is gonna be a Pure Normal gym/elite 4.

Edited by Helia

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2: Lin was in his care when she was younger. This was the first thing I thought of, but idk, it'd seem a bit weird if she was under his supervision until her 18th, but now not being remembered fully by the doctor.

well, Ame has been writing a Reborn/Danganronpa crossover that mentions Lin having been in the orphanage before. whether we can actually take this as canon in the Reborn universe is yet to be seen, but it would make sense, seeing as all of the people that have recognized her so far are connected through the orphanage. (i may be wrong though; it's been a while since i played through that part.) as for the issue you've mentioned, she could have been adopted instead years prior, depending on everyone's ages and the timeline. and unlike the other orphans, Dr. Connal might not've had the large motivation to keep her in the orphanage; he has to have regular old orphans sometimes, after all. Lin getting adopted before turning 18 is a real possibility, if the "good doctor" was satisfied with whoever wanted her. (also, the story heavily implies that Lin was a clever, manipulative child. if true, she likely would've curried favor with the doctor, which may have assisted in his willingness to let her go.) and depending somewhat on who exactly adopted her, those years could've caused a significant difference in appearance and personality. given enough time and change, it wouldn't be surprising at all for Dr. Connal to not realize who she used to be. (also: the Dangan Reborn page has sprite artwork of all the characters, including Lin, who looks very different from her sprites in the game, supportive of the idea that she would've changed a lot since before being adopted. again though, there's been nothing as far as i'm aware that's confirmed it as canon either way, so i realize that this is potentially shaky speculation.)

on topic, i don't get the feeling that Lin is the current Champion. it's a bit hard to explain, as it's mostly coming from instinct; but besides the fact that if she was, it's likely that she'd be much easier to recognize (for instance, Laura didn't react much, if at all, to Lin being mentioned, and she was Elite Four or very recently so at the time), Lin also doesn't strike me as the type. yes, she clearly puts great value on power, and the Championship is one symbol of that. but the title would also be restrictive; traditionally speaking, Champions would have to stick close to the Pokemon League area or at least be on call at all times in case of challengers or emergencies requiring the Champion's presence. if the Reborn League in-game is similar, all the Championship could mean to Lin would be a cage -- a pretty, prestigious cage, but a cage nonetheless. (one in which she would likely be helping people, especially during that apocalypse ten years beforehand in-game. this is probably not Lin.) in contrast, Lin recently became the leader of Team Meteor by the in-game timeline, a role that arguably entails both more freedom and more power than the Championship does -- if some of the Meteors' comments can be taken as truth -- which the title seems worthless to in comparison. also, a mere Championship, even in Reborn, might seem a very small feat to Lin's large amount of self-confidence. the Championship is a common, almost ordinary aspiration; why should Lin aim for it when she could achieve so much more instead?

i won't dismiss the possibility of her being a past Champion though; it could've happened while she was still "insecure" (in a very technical way) about her power and how much of it she possessed. i could see her destroying the league in record time and remaining Champion for maybe a few days at most before abandoning her post. (i could also see her monotyping the entire league with only dragons, considering her hydreigon.) if you dismissed the idea of Lin living in the orphanage, crushing the league but being around for so short a time could also explain why Saphira and Charlotte would find her vaguely familiar; their gyms are very close to the League, if that large map is accurate, and there's also the popular belief that their parents were Elite Four themselves. with Dr. Connal, you might have to stretch a little, but he could've been a gym leader back then of course (he used to be one on the site, right?) and heard of/gotten slaughtered by Lin.

well, Ame has been writing a Reborn/Danganronpa crossover that mentions Lin having been in the orphanage before. whether we can actually take this as canon in the Reborn universe is yet to be seen, but it would make sense, seeing as all of the people that have recognized her so far are connected through the orphanage. (i may be wrong though; it's been a while since i played through that part.) as for the issue you've mentioned, she could have been adopted instead years prior, depending on everyone's ages and the timeline. and unlike the other orphans, Dr. Connal might not've had the large motivation to keep her in the orphanage; he has to have regular old orphans sometimes, after all. Lin getting adopted before turning 18 is a real possibility, if the "good doctor" was satisfied with whoever wanted her. (also, the story heavily implies that Lin was a clever, manipulative child. if true, she likely would've curried favor with the doctor, which may have assisted in his willingness to let her go.) and depending somewhat on who exactly adopted her, those years could've caused a significant difference in appearance and personality. given enough time and change, it wouldn't be surprising at all for Dr. Connal to not realize who she used to be. (also: the Dangan Reborn page has sprite artwork of all the characters, including Lin, who looks very different from her sprites in the game, supportive of the idea that she would've changed a lot since before being adopted. again though, there's been nothing as far as i'm aware that's confirmed it as canon either way, so i realize that this is potentially shaky speculation.)

on topic, i don't get the feeling that Lin is the current Champion. it's a bit hard to explain, as it's mostly coming from instinct; but besides the fact that if she was, it's likely that she'd be much easier to recognize (for instance, Laura didn't react much, if at all, to Lin being mentioned, and she was Elite Four or very recently so at the time), Lin also doesn't strike me as the type. yes, she clearly puts great value on power, and the Championship is one symbol of that. but the title would also be restrictive; traditionally speaking, Champions would have to stick close to the Pokemon League area or at least be on call at all times in case of challengers or emergencies requiring the Champion's presence. if the Reborn League in-game is similar, all the Championship could mean to Lin would be a cage -- a pretty, prestigious cage, but a cage nonetheless. (one in which she would likely be helping people, especially during that apocalypse ten years beforehand in-game. this is probably not Lin.) in contrast, Lin recently became the leader of Team Meteor by the in-game timeline, a role that arguably entails both more freedom and more power than the Championship does -- if some of the Meteors' comments can be taken as truth -- which the title seems worthless to in comparison. also, a mere Championship, even in Reborn, might seem a very small feat to Lin's large amount of self-confidence. the Championship is a common, almost ordinary aspiration; why should Lin aim for it when she could achieve so much more instead?

i won't dismiss the possibility of her being a past Champion though; it could've happened while she was still "insecure" (in a very technical way) about her power and how much of it she possessed. i could see her destroying the league in record time and remaining Champion for maybe a few days at most before abandoning her post. (i could also see her monotyping the entire league with only dragons, considering her hydreigon.) if you dismissed the idea of Lin living in the orphanage, crushing the league but being around for so short a time could also explain why Saphira and Charlotte would find her vaguely familiar; their gyms are very close to the League, if that large map is accurate, and there's also the popular belief that their parents were Elite Four themselves. with Dr. Connal, you might have to stretch a little, but he could've been a gym leader back then of course (he used to be one on the site, right?) and heard of/gotten slaughtered by Lin.

Maybe Lin was a survivor of Sigmund's experiments, deemed to have died like others, but somehow survived on 'only power'...That might explain why he is so concerned about her name...but it wouldn't explain why she didn't obliterate him in front of us.

So, he knows her, but she doesn't know him (but knows the family of sisters?). Then she is indeed probably an adopted kid. But why would Sigmund let go of one of his orphans? Especially if his experiments were going on already at that time...

There's also never been a Normal type Elite 4.

I hate Normal Types. They're ffin hard to beat. Looking at you, Norman and Lenora.

Of all types I will always have the most trouble with Normal Types. I can work with most, thanks to secondary types, multiple weaknesses and that kind of thing.but I will set fire to the rain if there is gonna be a Pure Normal gym/elite 4.

I've got some bad news... Elias, the only confirmed E4 member (unless you count Bennett, but he still hasn't been confirmed to be E4 yet), is a normal type leader in the online Reborn league. This means that his team will likely be based around normal types.

My friend and I have theories on who the champion is. It could either be El, Blake, Lin, leader from Team Meteor or Amethyst.

As said above, El is a member of the elite four. Also, Blake is always referred as the former ice type gym leader. I mean, if he was the champion people would surely refer to him as such (and not by his former title). Also, Lin is the leader of Team Meteor, the guy you're thinking about is Solaris and he used to be the leader of Team Meteor (but got replaced by Lin).