Need a Lot of Help...

Anthalt

With my trick room team finished it is now time for a new challenge. This one is just kind of random pokemon I like using (as discovered by showdown random battles) and is less of a challenge and more just for fun... but I don't know how to round out the team... or what moves to give them...

As it stands I have 4 pokemon I'd really like to include: Whimsicott, Dragalge, Gastrodon, and Vespiqueen. All 4 of these pokemon have served me really really well in one way or another during showdown... but obviously they generate some major issues... like a huge weakness to ice and flying attacks!

Of these 4 pokemon I have planned 1 out fully:

Whimsicott

-substitute

-leech seed

-giga drain

-moonblast

2 that I'm a little unsure about (I will mark the areas I am unsure of with ??????):

Vespiqueen

-defend order

-roost

-attack order

-substitute/air slash??????

Gastrodon

-toxic

-scald

-recover

-hidden power earth??????

And one that I only have a vague idea (the pokemon is for sure but his moves... no idea!):

Dragalge

-sludge wave??????

-dragon pulse??????

-??????

-??????

This leave 2 final slots to fill... and I think I'm in pretty rough shape at this point! So please, players of Reborn, lend me some suggestions to help round out and finish my team!

Honestly, this looks more like a trick room team than anything. None of those Pokemon (except Vespiquen) really have speed on their side. Whimsicott does, but he really can deal out damage too well. I made a trick room one and it's probably the one Pokemon I use that makes people rage quit in 30 seconds. I'd have to look at the EVs but it's moveset is Substitute, Leech Seed, Protect, and Trick Room and holds a Big Root. That moveset right there will pretty much piss off anyone without a grass type on their team.

Trying to steer clear of another trick room team if I can (pretty happy with my current trick roomers), but it's certainly not out of the question.

I've been putting some thought of my own into it and have been considering Bisharp and Froslass to cover my significant ice weakness... but that generate a new fire weakness in 2/3 of my team...

Ehhhhh, Whimsicott is really a comp Pokemon. It wouldn't do too well if the foes are attacking all the time and non-attacking move are pretty rare in gym leaders' teams.

I guess you can go for Giga Drain, Moonblast, Tailwind and Endeavor/Memento/HP Fire.

Don't bother with Roost, we have healing items, so there's no point to having it. Go for Power Gem or Destiny Bond (without Tailwind, you'd really have to predict well for DB, especially with how dumb the AI is right now). And Sub wouldn't be too good for it, give it Air Slash or Toxic. Toxic would work really well with Defend Order to stall the foe out. You could also go for Bug Buzz instead of Attack Order so you can get a nature that boosts all of your attacks.

You can skip HP Ground. Since you're stalling the foe out, coverage isn't important to you, sticking with just Scald is perfectly fine, though you can get Ice Beam. Recover can also be ditched. For the last 2 moves, Acid Armor and Amnesia work I guess? I dunno, Stall really isn't my thing.

T-bolt and Hydro Pump/Surf/Scald. Panpour>Wooper/Piplup/Spheal/Seel/Psyduck>Stunfisk>Skrelp. Done.

You could also go for Toxic Spikes to free up move slots on your other team members.

For other team members, Durant, Archeops and Heliolisk are things that fit into pretty much any team and the first 2 easily handle your Fire and Ice weaknesses.