Unlikely Heroes

While playing Reborn I faced Corey and his poison assault team. I thought I was surely done, until my Ariados stepped up and demolished what he had left with deadly Night Shade. This is not the first time a Pokemon I had in my team stepped up and saved the day. So I was wondering if anyone else had a similar situation.

Who were your unlikely Pokemon Heroes?

Swoobat.

No, really. Even with those stats, Simple + Calm Mind/Amnesia is really good for a while early on, just what I needed until I got some more of my final party members. Though friendship grinding is a paaiiiiinnnn.

I'm gonna say what everyone else is already thinking. Emolga.

Nuzzle to Electo Ball. Dead. What, electro ball's not doing enough? Drop those items and use acrobatics. GG. I discovered the power of acrobatics when my magician robbed a certain explosive gym leaders Emogla. I did not win that day.

Emolga hell yeah. Nuzzle Electro Ball was a combo I loved as it annihilated everything, and allowed me to defeat the Klinklang fron the Vulpix event when I was 20 levels under. Plus, who doesn't love that double power acrobatics boost.

Also, if this is strictly meant for Reborn, it's probably better off in the Reborn City forum, but, I understand if you meant this for any pokemon game in general.

Bibarel.

It was my first playthrough of Pokemon Platinum. I had gotten to the steel gym, and was fighting the leader (can't remember his name). Being young and not that good at the games, We were both down to our last Pokemon, mine being my HM slave. It was close, and one more hit would have KOed Bibarel.

It got a crit and we won.

From that moment on I vowed never to use HM slaves again.