Need help with an Ash run Shelly Battle

Lord Chespin

So, I'm doing an Ash run of Pokémon Reborn (in case you're wondering, that means I'm only allowed to use Pokémon currently owned by Ash Ketchum, as suggested by someone earlier on this forum). I've been doing pretty well up to this point, but now that I'm up to Shelly I'm starting to get a little worried. You see, my normal strategy for Shelly is to light the field on fire and steadily damage her Pokémon's health, but the only Pokémon available in this run that knows any moves that could light the field on fire is Torkoal, and I won't be getting that until I reach Apophyll Academy. My question is, does anyone have any tips for beating Shelly that don't involve setting the field on fire? Keep in mind, the only Pokémon that I currently have available to me are:

- Frogadier

- Grimer

- Noctowl

-Tranquill

-Pikachu

-Phanphy

-Swadloon

-Buizel

Any help I could get would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by supermario79411

Probably the best advice I could give you is to evolve some of those Pokemon and common candy them back to the cap. Frogadier is going to need to take down that Anorith ASAP. After that, Noctowl, Pikachu, and Donphan pretty much need to blitzkreig her Pokemon. If that doesn't work, leave the least threatening Pokemon on the field and slowly knock out the Pokemon on the other half one by one.

You have everything needed to beat her. Most of her pokemon are weak to flying and rock moves and you have that on Noctowl, Tranquill and Phanphy. The rest are weak to electric and water and you have that covered too. Maybe you can level your pokemon a bit more or are they near the cap already?

As I came to find out, the most important thing with Shelly is having items. She loves confusing and lowering stats, so grab some Persim Berries and Guard Specs. from the Dept.Store. Stocking up on those made the fight with her waaaaay easier for me.