Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

Azurine Island

Tooforgetful

Question

My question at the moment is if there are some kind of special conditions for encountering a few of the pokemon that the location guide lists as being obtainable on Azurine Island. I'm just past the plot point of stopping Meteor from destroying Apophyll, and checked the guide to find that I "missed" a total of three pokemon on the island before leaving.

Bayleef - Supposedly, after you rescue Cain on the island, there should be a man willing to give you a chikorita/Bayleef if you show him a Chimecho. I combed the island once, with no Chimecho in my party, just hoping to find him so that I could go, level up a chingling, and come back, but never ran across him anywhere. Thinking maybe I had to have the chimecho in my inventory, I evolved my chingling, came back, only to still not be able to find him anywhere on the island. Is there some sort of time or weather related factor to him appearing? I've tried during night and day, and so far during clear/sunny weather.

Shelmet/Palpitoad - I just flat out haven't been able to find either of these running through the grass, but the guide doesn't list them as being event pokemon, or as having any time/weather relation. I've run through grass for about 2 and a half hours so far, across various time/weather conditions, and haven't found them. Are they event pokemon after all? Do they just have an absurdly low chance of spawning?

Any help's appreciated, I'd really like to get these pokemon before moving on (if possible).

Edit: Found a palpitoad. Guess it's just low chance. Still no sign of shelmet or the Bayleef guy though.

Edited by Tooforgetful

5 answers to this question

This is incredibly useful when looking for wild Pokemon. And about the Chikorita guy, did you check the place where Cain was trapped? I dunno if you have to have beaten Aya before he shows up though, I doubt it since it'd be nigh useless against Aya.

This is incredibly useful when looking for wild Pokemon. And about the Chikorita guy, did you check the place where Cain was trapped? I dunno if you have to have beaten Aya before he shows up though, I doubt it since it'd be nigh useless against Aya.

I did, I checked the entire island. I just beat Aya and will go back there once I get back home to see if he's there now that I've beaten her. And thanks for the link :)