Battle Types

EtherealDream

Before I forget, I wanted to ask: How many people actually use the Set battle mode in pokemon reborn?

I personally prefer the Set battle style, because i feel it makes the game a bit more realistic with the fights, when you fight actual trainers, you don't get the luxury of being a complete tool and switching into pokemon they can't fight as they send them out, so why should you get that luxury against the gym leaders you know?

But then I actually start playing reborn, and let's just say thank god I'm not doing a nuzlocke.

But what battle modes does everybody else prefer and why?

Also, I'd like to have inverse battles in reborn, i haven't got all the way though, so I'm not aware if it actually has them or not

Well, in my main file, I play switch. When I did my first reborn nuzlocke, I put it on set because that's how I play nuzlocke...Most of the time. I lost my first nuzlocke to say the least, but I got pretty far. My second, I kept it on switch because of the terror that was some of the trainers in the game. I have beaten episode 14 with that team. This has kind of been a forgotten thing that I don't talk about anymore, but I did my third nuzlocke way back some time ago as set. I lost some members to Taka first battle, the ultimately lost the nuzlocke in the Zel+Taka battle. Sad QQ. I didn't type it because I only just started it again 2 days ago. Haven't posted because of robotics and lazyness. From now on, I always play switch. I just don't like what the AI can do.

Edit: P.S. This is my Mew post. Happy days for me ^.^

Edited by Pyrrhon

I personally play on switch just because I've never messed with those settings in a pokemon game before. Also, I had no idea what that setting even did until after I started Reborn and read about it on one of these topics some time ago. I've thought about it, but overall it's probably not for me. I don't really care about the difficulty of the game to be honest. I'm just invested in the story. That said if there was an 'easy mode' I wouldn't even consider playing it. I guess I'm just a fan of default settings (until I beat the game, then it's challenge time.)

And I suppose with some of the things you and the AI can pull with field effects, inverse battles are kinda there. But no, there are no actual inverse battles.

In most pokemon games I do use Set, but Reborn to me feels like it is created to require you to use every tool at your advantage to the best of it's ability. It seems only natural that we should use Switch to take advantage of everything possible to even the playing field.

Normally I save set for the battles against the Gym Leaders/Elite 4/Champion but Reborn has kinda changed that for me XD I use switch all the time in Reborn because of the new difficulty. I've never been much of a competitive battler so I'm fine playing on a bit easier of a mode to experience the story.

I usually play on set because well :

"Do you want to switch pokemon ?" "No"

"Do you want to switch pokemon ?" "No"

"Do you ..." NO !"

Bascially that, it makes the game run smoother.

However, I sometimes change to "switch" when I can't defeat someone in "set".

I used the Set mode only in Pokémon Zeta, when you had to do that to access the League; in other games I use the Shift mode (in Reborn too, due to the difficulty).

I use the Shift mode even in normal Pokémon games (either because I don't mind it or because I'm underleveled and some battles would be too difficult).

I beat Platinum with a team at level 47, when most people recommend you to have a team around level 60. There the Shift mode was necessary.