A Thank You (And Possibly Goodbye.)

Notus

Congratulations on your acceptance Notus! I'll miss you though... :( You tell a great story in the RP forums and you seem like an all-around great guy. I'm glad to have met you... Hopefully we'll see you around some more... Pop in when you can, eh?

I'll leave you with this Atook Nira, partially because I've grown to like them, and partially because Ark hates them. But most of all because I feel the need to give you a gift, and I can't think of anything else right now. It has the entire community's sadness to see you go welled up in it.

55t8j.png

NOOOOOOOTUUUUUUUUUUS, NOOOOOOOOO QAQ

But holy Boreas. Congratulations on getting accepted! : DDDD

Gosh, it's been so much fun getting to know you and RPing with you this whole time, ever since KotH. I'm not really one for long speeches, though... So I have only a few things to say in incoherence and no particular order as usual.

1. You are the South Wind, after all; surely we will meet again, Wind Brother.

2. I and the rest of the RPers eagerly await your safe return. Take care, mate!

3. Keep that boated hat hatted boat, why doncha? QQ don't ever forget us!

4. Do your best, okay? Military is tough, after all... On that note, always wait an hour before getting in the water! Do warm-ups before every drill and exercise and cool down before collapsing!

5. Potatoes are delicious.

6. Thank you for being a pal and for Under the Hill, man. Enya'll miss your soul!

I started at competitive battling with a lot of help from our resident pros Slant, Kam and Skitty, took on the League while still learning triples, and improved my game in a ridiculous ammount thanks to to them - and many other friends that battled with me, like Sheep who's always a tough and immensely fun battle.

Right back at you mate.

Let me give all of you a bit of history with regards to Notus and I. I first met this wonderful bloke on my intro thread, where we both discovered a shared interest in many different things and a personality very synergistic to our own. It didn't take us long to become good friends, and he was probably the first true friend I had here on the site. Notus was the one person who made me feel really welcome here from day one, and that list soon expanded to many others.

We got to talking over PM again and again over many different things, our current chat message is entitled "EV Training Guide" but is more like "General Chat." As I began to challenge the Reborn League, close to its demise, I gained the opportunity to talk in real time to this person who I'd only interacted previously with over the forums, and suffice to say our friendship only strengthened. He was one of the only people to consistently watch my short lived league challenge, and he shared in my moments of jubilation, ingenuity, and defeat.

Then one day I decided to challenge him to a battle between friends. I'd seen he had amassed a fair number of badges, but I considered myself to be an above average player so I was confident. What followed was one of the closest series of battles I've ever played, he'd answer me win for win, and force me to make tough decisions on what was really necessary for victory. I responded in kind and we found ourselves evenly matched in every tier, all the way to challenge cup. This sparked the beginning of a long history of battles between the two of us, and each one was guaranteed to be worth watching. When he asked me when I'd started playing I told him "around the start of the year (2014)" to which he responded "that's the same as me!"

So when it comes to a time like this, what do I say to my Brazilian (almost) clone who's keen on sailing?

1. Great work coming this far.

2. Good luck for the future.

3. Nice hat. What do you mean it's time to let it go?

4. Thank you so much for everything you've given me here. For me Reborn wouldn't have been the same without you.

5. Keep in touch, neither of us are gonna let our friendship die because you might not be making it back here very often from now on.

Wow, thanks a lot everyone! This is getting way more replies than I imagined, I'm really happy to see you all here!

Rose, I've seen you start in RPing and competitive battling, and saw you evolve quickly into Hosting and beating Kam. I always enjoyed our talks and "musical" battles, and the way you're always sweet and ready to help. Thanks a lot for bearing with me, my stay here wouldn't be the same without you.

Same goes to Sheep. Mate, looking back there were so many coincidences that it is amazing. I never thought I'd find someone so similar to me in the net, and having you as my friend is an incredible lucky strike. I said coincidence, but maybe the best word is Fate.(pun totally intended XD)

DL, thanks a ton! If not for you pressing on too I don't think I'd take the initiative to get Aftermath back up. It's a great story, and I'm confident I'm leaving it in good hands.

Flux, you're an amazing roleplayer and I'll miss a lot writing and talking with you. Your characters are always great and you've quickly earned my respect in the RP forums. Thanks a ton!

Zephy, I can't believe you remembered that wind sis/bro thing! XD It was reeally fun to spend time with you here in the forums, and your warm, strong and always happy personality matches the West Wind perfectly! Stay well, and thanks a lot!

I was expecting Colin back! :(

Anyway, congrats on making it into the school you wanted. I'll miss you in the RP section. I really enjoyed writing stories with you or just read what you wrote. Take care!

Sorry Chim, but maybe he can make it back until graduation... One never knows! It was hella fun writing with you, be it playing in Ymora or competing with Sigurd in Graterras! You're a great writer, so keep it up mate!

I'm glad you were able to finally get in. I remember when I first met you and you were talking about how you were trapped in your room studying for this test. XD It's been great spending time with you from taking on League (Even though you were leaps and bounds ahead of me) to our countless tournament battles together. You're such a nice and fun guy and I've absolutely loved that I've gotten to know you. I hope everything works for the best for you, and that school better have net because if it doesn't, I will personally come down there and install it. >.>

NOOO! now we will never know what will happen to IxidorxMia. Congratulations and good luck on your career Notus! Thanks for the memories we've interacted in UtH and Graterras RP, you're a really swell guy, I can tell from the way you've managed things in UtH. It never be the same without its captain.

Well, I don't really know you as well as most people here, but from what I've seen on the RP forums and such, you were a really good guy. I really enjoyed reading through all of it. I wish you good luck in your career, Notus.

Sometimes the path of life has to be followed. Maybe that path will bring you to this place later again. Until that time, goodbye.