Ice or Rock monotype ?

Tetsuma

Hi guys, so i felt like doing a monotype run and i thought " why not pick a type with witch you never play " and i thought about ice and rock.

The thing is i dont think there's any ice type before what, the fourth gym ? maybe even the fifth so that kinda suck.

and what about rock type, is there any rock pokemon available really early into the game ?

Not nearly enough Ice or Rock pokemon to start with. You could do a challenge, where you use Ice/Rock, but nothing else, but still you'd have to wait after Jasper to get your first Ice type : Smoochum. Then Swinub. Your call.

You can have vanillite in the obsidia's candy shop (buying a vanilla ice cream)

You can also have snowy castform.

Edited by jotwas

Doesn't Castform have to change forms each time it's brought into the game? Valid point on the ice cone. I believe you get 3 of those around the game.

I think he can make an exception: He only can use castform after using Hail

@jotwas the problem would then become having a pokemon that can use hail.

There are only really a few types available early game, which bars out a lot of montype runs.

Unless we added Eevee and Pikachu to the starters (You and your rival's starter in pokemon yellow would justify it :) )

@jotwas the problem would then become having a pokemon that can use hail.

There are only really a few types available early game, which bars out a lot of montype runs.

Unless we added Eevee and Pikachu to the starters (You and your rival's starter in pokemon yellow would justify it :) )

Castform learns hail at level 20

Then he can have

Castform

-Hail

-Blizzard (100%)

-Weather Ball

-Hurricane (Since there aren't many flying/ice,just articuno, and delibird, it's a DELIBIRD nuff said)

Edited by jotwas

I'ma do a semi monotype run and i chose rock, i just beat julia with charmeleon ( I picked him for kiki and flobot) and his godly dragon rage and I grabbed the onix from the hiker, now i'm trying to figure out when the first geodude and nodulithe appear and then

• Veterans

I'ma do a semi monotype run and i chose rock, i just beat julia with charmeleon ( I picked him for kiki and flobot) and his godly dragon rage and I grabbed the onix from the hiker, now i'm trying to figure out when the first geodude and nodulithe appear and then

Geodude can first be found under the Grand Stairway iirc

I decided on a semi-monotype, which means basically i can use only rock types AND a starter from my choice (so pretty much like Cain) because it was necessary to continue because of the lack of rock type early

So here i am after kiki's fight, here's what my team looks like :

006.gif

Here's Nidhogg, lvl 43 with blaze

- Wing attack

- Dragon rage

- Fire fang

- Flame burst

Needless to say he was a lifesaver for Kiki ( that lucario and medicham tho) but otherwise he's not the pillar of my team, he's still pretty stable overall.

076.gif

Here's Ebonite, lvl 44 (he's shiny :D so badass) with sturdy

- Earthquake

- Rock Blast

- Smack Down

- Explosion

That guy smashed the entire Kiki's team and was a lifesaver against Shade (sturdy + rock blast = fuck you Chandelure), i'm really liking this little guy.

185.gif

Meet BootyWoodo, lvl 43 with sturdy too

- Rock Slide

- Sucker Punch (so gud, fuk yu Shade)

- Low Kick (fuk yu metal types)

- Double-Edge

This is the fucking pillar of my team, that guy is a BEAST, he just solo'd the entire team against shelly and for some weird reason is tanky as fuck, sadly I'll probably say my goodbyes to that hero soon enough for a Gigalith, I still dont know, i mean, BootyWoodo can fucking learn Wooden Arm.

337.gif

So here's MyMoonMyMan, lvl 45 with levitate

- Psychic (so gud)

- Stone Edge

- Rock Slide

- Explosion

He's good, really. He's relatively fast for a rock type and is a solid mid-tier pokemon, even though I'm not keeping him too long.

barbaracle.png

FiveEyesNoPenis (...), lvl 40 with sniper

- Clamp

- Rocksmash

- Ancient Power

- Hone Claws

For now he's useless, but I have some high hopes.

219.gif

OnFayaaa , lvl 39 with flame body (so useful !)

- Ancient Power

- Rock Slide

- Flame burst

- Lava plume

He's useless too except for his passive, but hey it's a rock type.

So actually I did not have THAT much trouble into the game, after the first gym you have your starter, bonsly and onix so that's pretty okay, the only gym that was problematic was shade's, I had to try 20 times and won on a good luck.

I'll try to keep this uptaded after each gym, I'm looking forward to reviving the fossils !!! ( I already have the Skull one)

Don't forget to find a Helix fossil, then you can choose between aurorus and tyrantrum, aggron is good in Noel's gym (and against Radomus' Gardevoir), in the future Archeops can be useful against Samson. If you want, you can go back some episodes and get a dwebble, or you can search for a Claw fossil, Crustle and Armaldo can help against Radomus. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...