Team Feedback

Xiri

Okay here we go again with my team showcase!

The same rules apply as before - I don't wish to switch any of my members - so please refrain from those sorts of advice.

Any other advice related to natures, movesets, EV spread and hold-items are very welcome!

1. swampert.gif

Nature: Brave (+Atk, -Spe)

Ability: Torrent

Held Item: Earth Plate

Moves: Earthquake, Hammer Arm, Rock Slide, Curse

*I would like to teach it Waterfall when I get it later (I've currently beat Luna). What move should I get rid of for Waterfall?

2. luxray-f.gif

Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -Spa)

Ability: Guts

Held Item: None

Moves: Wild Charge, Swagger, Crunch, Strength

*I love Luxray - but its unfortunate how it has such a limited movepool. Swagger has actually been really useful - and it has saved me from a lot of tough situations (Arceus *cough cough*)

3. gothitelle.gif

Nature: Modest (+Spa, -Atk)

Ability: Competitive

Held Item: Mind Plate

Moves: Psychic, Charge Beam, Shadow Ball, Psyshock

*Competitive is an awesome ability! Although having both Psychic and Psyshock have been handy at times, I feel another move for coverage or setup may be more useful.

4. cinccino.gif

Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -Spa)

Ability: Skill Link

Held Item: Silk Scarf

Moves: Tail Slap, Rock Blast, Bullet Seed, Wake-Up Slap

*Ever since Noel's Cinccino wiped the floor with me on my first Reborn playthrough, I've always wanted to use Cinccino and wow this thing is powerful!

5. glaceon.gif

Ability: Snow Cloak

Held Item: Brightpowder

Moves: Hail, Blizzard, Shadow Ball, Barrier

*Glaceon is my favorite Pokemon - and I'm really mourning over the fact that it doesn't get a wide movepool.... which is unfortunately typical of pure Ice Pokemon. EV Spread advice would be especially welcome for Glaceon.

6. chandelure.gif

Ability: Flash Fire

Held Item: Spooky Plate

Moves: Dark Pulse, Shadow Ball, Flame Burst, Will-O-Wisp

*Again, a member which screams for more coverage. I would have got Hidden Power, but annoyingly, its typing for Hidden Power is Fire... which is pretty much useless

Hi there! You say you don't want to switch any members, but what about breeding? If you bred new ones of the Pokés you already have?

For Swampert you could replace Hammer Arm with Waterfall later on. Brave is as good as Adamant since you're not going to outspeed anything anyway after a Curse.

You should breed Fire or Ice Fang for Luxray. You could get both from Arbok, for example. As an item, anything that floats your boat works. A plate or such.

You could replace Psyshock with Fake Tears which has great synergy with special attacks and Competitive. You could also check its Hidden Power type to replace Shadow Ball with. You could also teach it Trick Room seeing as your team is quite slow overall.

Cinccino looks good. Knock Off is always useful to have, but Wake-Up Slap is alright. I'd recommend Scope Lens as an item, as you have a crazy chance to hit atleast one critical hit every time you use a 5-time attack.

Glaceon looks nasty with that Hail/Snow Cloak/Brightpowder combo. Would be great if she had Ground for Hidden Power -type, you could replace Shadow Ball with it. Since you already have Chandelure and we've beaten the psychic and ghost leaders it's a little redundant.

Chandelure could be re-bred for Energy Ball. The chain would be Petilil/Lotad -> Phantump -> Litwick. You'd need to be in Episode 12 to do it, though. Flame Burst is good but you could consider Flamethrower later on.

;)

Edited by Chilibunny

I look at your team and I know for sure you will comeback holding your testicles out and screaming for help because the next battles are going to put you in your limits. Get really to breed because it's the only way to make your team better...

Swampert: Breed him with Avalance. I said, keep Hammer Arm, you got no Fighting Types Poke (Rock Slide is good though, you WILL need it...)

Luxray: Ice Fang will do justice to this guy, unfortunately there isn't anything yet to abuse that Guts ability yet...

Gothitelle: Competitive but you have nothing that takes advanced of it? take bunny advice, Fake Tears will do justice. I see this Poke stats and it seems to play more like a wall than anything else. Take someone else opinions on this one.....

Cinccino: Wake-Up Slap is good....I honestly think Knock-Off is better due to that item removal and extra boost. You have nothing that can make a Poke Sleep and take full advanced of Wake-Up Slap. On the other hand, you don't have anymore Fighting Type moves beside that Hammer Arm....Argh, IDK really, u pick the poison...

Glaceon: Horrible movepool indeed but I like it's egg move. Now, my question to you is why you haven't taught it Frost Breath???? it have 120 power due to always being a critical hit, best Ice move in the game; take out Blizzard for it. Check it's Hidden Power Type, my Froslass got Ground Type, IMO it's the best for a Ice Poke. I don't think is worth it running Hail, I believe Yawn or Wish are better support moves.

Chandelure: Didn't notice this thing had ridiculous stats....Breed it with Energy Ball just like bunny said....that's all I got. Energy Ball, Shadow Ball, Flamethrower and Will-O-Wisp is a monster set up (my Ninetales have ALMOST the same moveset...)

I want to said "Run Trick Room" but halve of your team will be affected negatively while the other halve will get more faster. I said, run it with Gothitelle only, you will need that extra speed once in a while....

your team looks good the only pokemon i would change is the glaceon and replace with vaporeon

The same rules apply as before - I don't wish to switch any of my members - so please refrain from those sorts of advice.

maybe you should read more often.....

Glaceon: Horrible movepool indeed but I like it's egg move. Now, my question to you is why you haven't taught it Frost Breath???? it have 120 power due to always being a critical hit, best Ice move in the game; take out Blizzard for it.

Critical hit multiplier has been adjusted to 1.5x from the 2x it has been before. So that means Frost Breath has 'only' 90 base power. Not that it's that low. That set just screams evasion & Blizzard abuse a'la Serra and I think it's good.

Like the four special attacks that Gothitelle runs to take advantage of a special attack increase?

Excuse my ignorance, but doesn't Competitive actives only when you lower the opponent Poke stats? I don't see any point of having this if you don't have a move that lowers the enemy stats....

Critical hit multiplier has been adjusted to 1.5x from the 2x it has been before. So that means Frost Breath has 'only' 90 base power. Not that it's that low. That set just screams evasion & Blizzard abuse a'la Serra and I think it's good.

I didn't knew about this....

Wow thanks for all your precious feedback! I really appreciate them. And yes, I am willing to do more breeding.

1. Hmm... Avalanche does sound like a tempting move for Swampert. Might do that after I fight Charlotte as Rock Slide will probably be necessary for that fight. But then, there's Waterfall... gah this is tough :(

2. Oh I didn't know about Ice Fang as an egg move! Will get on to it asap (I'll replace Strength)

3. Gothitelle's HP is Dragon. Hmm I guess this will do for the meantime.

4. Knock Off and Scope Lens does sound like viable options. Thank you for that input.

5. Yup as Chilibunny said, I'm mimicking Serra's old Glaceon - and it's turning out pretty well. Its HP is Ground - so I have replaced Barrier for it for now.

6. D'oh why didn't I think of Energy Ball? Guess its time for me to go get that Lotad...

...Yup as Chilibunny said, I'm mimicking Serra's old Glaceon...

Did a few research, I didn't knew about BrightPowder and the evasion abuse.... Decided to make my Froslass the same has your Glaceon. Used a ability capsule to get Snow Cloak back and I teach it Blizzard too since Frost Breath no longer does 120 BP (damn you pokemondb, you lied to me !!!).

...Its HP is Ground - so I have replaced Barrier for it for now.

Then this means your Glaceon and my Froslass have the same moveset :)