Pokémon: Aftermath #3b - Candice and the Battle for Snowpoint [IC]

Notus

{Conclave- Battle for the Stairwell}

Jory and Shredder moved closer together, carving a path through the Acolytes and their Pokemon through nothing but brutal close-quarters combat, throwing their enemies down the stairs and knocking them out but being sure not to kill them. We're the good guys! he thought as he saw Nappy and Giga killing other Pokemon. If we kill like this, we're just as bad as Dawn. Diana deserved it, but not these people. He continued fighting alongside his Zangoose, throwing heavy punches with his lead shot gloves while Shredder absolutely destroyed any Pokemon in his way with either a Mega Punch or a Shadow Claw. "Rally to me!" Jory shouted. "We'll crush them between us and our people outside!"

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

{Inside the Conclave}

If Jory and his fellow teammates listened closely, they would be able to hear a low rumbling in front of them. Shortly afterwards, a command was heard followed by a surge of water that shot through the crowd of acolytes, creating a narrow path for them to run through! A low, friendly growl of a Swampert then greeted the group.

Jon quickly dashed through the path and rejoined his Swampert. "Great job, Kyte." He complimented his partner before turning to Jory and his Zangoose. "Hey, glad to see that the Church didn't get you." He then punched a light-robed Church follower down the stairs before continuing. "Candice told us to meet up back in the gym and type in a code or something. Go meet Miki and Lupus downstairs. I'll handle the rest up here." Kyte roared in agreement before the Swampert turned to fired off another Hydro Pump to push the acolytes back down. Several loose sparks of electricity then snaked up the wet stairs before they paralyzed several Church members into place, leaving the path open.

{Inside the Conclave}

Jory shook his head at Jon. "Not without Carissa!" he protested. "She was poisoned and Vis is still healing her on the floor above!"

{Inside the Conclave}

Jon's eyes widened at the news, but then turned into a glare at the thought. So the Church is still out for blood after all of this time. "Tch, should have known the Church won't let us through without a parting gift... Look, if I recall, Heal Pulse doesn't cure status ailments. The best thing we could do is to get her back to headquarters so she could get proper treatment. The effects of Heal Pulse won't last forever."

"He's right." said Seth, coming up closer to the two veterans with Giga in tow. "I could have Giga carry her out if you want, he'd be able to pick her up easily... although that would leave us with one less Pokemon to help out." Giga nodded in agreement, waiting patiently for Seth to give out the order.

• Support Squad

[Conclave]

Adam had come down from the floor above to find the new reinforcements, rather relieving sight even if he wouldn't admit it, Of course people were worrying about Carissa. The girl was such a hassle now... Seth had just suggested having Giga carry her. "Rather than cut our own attack power, I'll carry her if I have to. I'm not good in a fight myself anyway." Saying that made Adam think back to the Acolyte he had brought to the city, who had pretty much had her spine broken by Carissa. Now Craissa was the damsel. Adam had a dark chuckle to himself when considering that irony...

{Conclave}

Jory's face grew slightly red as he cleared his throat in an attempt to get another opportunity to speak. "I think I've done enough here. Unless we really need to beat these Acolytes down any more than they've already been, I can carry her," he said curtly. Shredder nodded to his Trainer, keeping the path through the Acolytes open as the squad's enemies struggled to regain their feet. The veteran took off back into the room, tapping Nemir on the shoulder. "She's poisoned. We should have thought of this earlier, but Heal Pulse doesn't heal status ailments. We've got to get her to the Pokemon Center or back to HQ so that she can be properly treated." He then pushed past Vis and picked Carissa up gently, cradling her in his arms as he made his way back toward the stairs. He looked at Adam, Seth, and Jon, then cocked his head toward the open pathway. "Let's get moving before they regain their senses."

{Conclave}

"I don't care who carries her, just do it! We don't have all day!" Jon snapped at the guys. He really didn't mean to sound that rude but, in his mind, saving their own lives is much more important matter than discussing who gets to carry the damsel in distress. This isn't a tea party, after all. As soon as Jon finished his sentence, a stream of fire could be seen as it burnt a nearby Tropius that was aiming for Kyte. Jon sighed in relief; he will make sure to properly thank Lupus and Lobo later.

{Conclave}

Jory moved down the stairs rather quickly for someone encumbered as he was. Shredder protected his Trainer as the two made their way down behind Seth and Giga, grateful that reinforcements had finally arrived.

{Conclave}

Jon rolled his eyes at the spectacle before turning towards the rest of them that are still up the stairs. "What are you waiting for? Get downstairs!"

----------------------

"Over here!" Lupus called out as Jory, Seth and their respective Pokemon made their way over to him. When he noticed Carissa, however, he gasped. "What the hell happened?!" he stammered. It's not like he didn't know, but it's a reflex for most to ask despite the obvious anyway. Plus, one would want to hope that it wasn't as bad as one might think.

Miki ran over to the veterans and stared at the limping form. "I-Is it because of the Mother...?"

• Support Squad

[Conclave]

Adam also made his way down and out. He did not consider this ordeal over. Not by a longshot...

Lockhart made sure to keep an eye on his owner as they moved on. The bird was tiring of this, he was expecting quite the treat once this was through.

{Outside the Conclave}

Flux took a place next to Alina and Candice.

"Do you really think one Serperior and an injured team is going to be enough to hold off an entire patrol force? Ogre and I will fight by your side."

He pulled the Heavy Ball from his pocket, releasing the metal behemoth. Ogre clanged his fists together in anticipation of another battle. Flux gave a bright grin.

"Besides, we should have a group working there way down from the building as well. Once they make it, we'll have them pinned."

{Outside the Conclave}

"Sounds good enough." Alina thanked Flux before turning to Candice. "We can take over from here. Just focus on Drake."

"We'll be back as soon as we can then." Candice replied before released her Regice. "Regi, let's get him back to the healing room. We also need to warn those girls." A low cry of confirmation came from the Ice type before it lifted Drake's corpse from his other side. Typhoon, the Crobat, also began to follow close behind as the duo made their way back to the gym.

"Should we herd them to the building then?" Sarcus asked the professor, taking a position by Alina and Flux. "This group won't be able to cause trouble once we cut out their escape routes." His trusty partner, Absolution, then sent a Slash to redirect a stray attack that attempted to strike Sarcus' head.

Unfortunately, that same blast had struck Regi from behind, causing a jerk that sent Typhoon's Pokeball flying! The surprised Crobat didn't even have time to react before he was sucked into his capsule once more. Due to the chaos around them, the capsule was soon kicked and tossed to a safer place, lost in the white snow...

((Flux, you can control those acolytes~ However, do not do anything with the lost Pokeball! It will become relevant later on. This goes for everyone in the RP!))