Is my team good for where i am?

Jon_The_PokeTrainer

Ok so I'm up to Corey (3rd gym leader) and im having trouble beating him, so heres my team. Blaziken lvl 37 with Quick attack, Peck, Blaze kick and flame charge. Mightyena lvl 19 with Tackle, howl, snarl and bite. Noibat lvl 18 with Cut, gust, bite and wing attack

Makuhita lvl 20 with Whirlwind, arm thrust, knock off and force palm

Mareep lvl 10 with thunder wave, thunder shock, take and growl

Please help me with another pokemon i should get and moves or items i can use or make them hold, thanks!

Like JapaneseWallpaper said, you should level up the rest of your mons to around Level 30ish.

I would recommend picking up either Pachirisu/Emolga, Phanpy, Bunelby. If you really are willing to work to get it, you can even pick up Trapinch from the Game Corner, but it does require a somewhat large amount of time/coins to invest into it.

Anyways, make sure you watch out for his Crobat especially. Mareepy, Pachirisu, and Emolga can take it on decently but it can sweep you if you aren't careful. Other than that, the rest of the mons should be easy.

Like JapaneseWallpaper said, you should level up the rest of your mons to around Level 30ish.

I would recommend picking up either Pachirisu/Emolga, Phanpy, Bunelby. If you really are willing to work to get it, you can even pick up Trapinch from the Game Corner, but it does require a somewhat large amount of time/coins to invest into it.

Anyways, make sure you watch out for his Crobat especially. Mareepy, Pachirisu, and Emolga can take it on decently but it can sweep you if you aren't careful. Other than that, the rest of the mons should be easy.

One thing i can say about this game in general. Emolga is a lifesaver, as it comes with Nuzzle learnt.

If i'm not mistaken, the level cap at corey is at 35, which means that your blaziken might not always be obedient to your commands. A way to circumvent that is to feed it some common candies to reduce its level. If you don't have any, common candies can always be bought at the candy store in obsidia ward.

P.S. if the level cap is higher than 35, pretend i said nothing.

I believe that it must be night with clear weather to find the Emolga.

Also, other suggestions- Espurr, either male or female will work. It evolves at 25. With Male you can have a prankster duel-screens fella. If you want female, it is more offensive and have a move set which reflects (no pun intended) this. Give it infiltrator just in case something think it can hide behind a Sub (or Competitive if you're expecting someone to drop your stats. that +2 Special Attack is truly killer).

Trapinch is worth the time and effort to get it, especially now that we have ORAS movesets and it gets Earthquake at level 33 (that will murder everything on Corey's team bar Crobat. But that's OK. Because he gets Rock Slide at level 15).

Budew is an investment, but if you can get it to evolve into Roselia at level 16, you can get Leech Seed, as well as Giga Drain in a few more levels, then give it the Big Root from around where the second PULSE Tangrowth was. Because Poison is then neutral damage, Roselia can even take down Corey single-handedly (yup, it's possible. I did it on my second run).

Espurr is in a small house across the street from Julia's gym. You'll need to pay a bum some money to get to it and you'll need to have Poke Snaxs (probably misspelled) to actually get it to join you. Just save and soft reset until you get your preferred one.

Edit: You'll catch it as an Espurr, but it will evolve into a Meowstic @ level 25, which is when it becomes good. Own Tempo is the Hidden Ability for Espurr, which is required to get Prankster (M) or Competitive (F), as both are the hidden abilities.

Also, please don't double post.

Edited by AuthorReborn

try not too post twice in a row, just edit your last post, double posting is frowned upon here. Yeah try also to not only train your starter and make sure your team is balanced or the rest of the game may be very difficult. Best of luck.