Author Index [CW: Other]

Damiano

Why_not? I'm Chim and I usually lurk around the RP forums. I'm bad at writing something about myself because this is all I can come up with. xD

Anyway like some other users my very first RPs were on this forum. I only started out a few months ago by joining Surge Story and in the meantime I run my own. You may have seen the Pokémon Academy threads around. It's just a little RP *cough*.

Before joining RPs I used to write small stories but never finished them because I either got distracted or lost interest. I took a giant break and didn't write anything for years until almost a year ago. I quickly fell into old habits and only seem to finish things when others are involved. If it goes at my pace it either goes incredibly fast until I lose interest or I postpone for too long and forget. I never really wrote for people to read my work because I never considered it good. An old friend of mine is the only one I showed some funny short stories. Even if you ask me about those now; they're all gone.

Which brings me to strong and work points. I have no idea about the strong ones because half the time I'm just doing something. Building worlds, if I'm familiar with the concept, might be one and I enjoy creating stuff. It makes me feel like god. I can also come up with things on the spot which is necessary in the way I host and I like to collect all my information in word documents, but that's more a habit of mine.

The weak points! Oh boy, where to start? Inexperience, grammar mistakes, typos, ... I used to try and update even when I was tired / in a hurry or distracted (I do it less now xD) and my writing pretty much sucks if I do that. If I read it back I just want to delete it all.

What else? Plans maybe? Well that's pretty simple: finish Ymora and don't get (immediately) killed in the other RPs. I may also start a side story that's been dwelling in my mind for weeks. If I'm not too lazy...

I'm Cass, I'm new here and an avid writer, mostly in fantasy and in action-type stories. I'm actually thinking, once I've played through what I can, to write out my Reborn playthrough as a story, although that might be a bit ridiculous. I really like worldbuilding and character interaction, and I'm good at writing dialogue and horrible at describing a setting. I also tend to have too many ideas and not enough motivation...

I also like creating diverse characters if I can, and I've been told that I'm good at pacing my stories. Also, I somehow managed to complete NaNoWriMo three years running, thanks to sacrificing sleep and food to my stories. I don't know why I keep doing that.

Anyway, I'll put some of my writing here, although I'm not sure how spoilers work, so I hope this does.

Unfortunately, when she found Cat, the tiny woman was punching a rather tall man in the face. Demi leaned against the wall of a nearby building, taking in the scene--the man who Cat was fighting was tall and seemed rather strong, but on the other hand was moving like he was drunk. He did have a few friends around, who were quickly looking angrier and angrier. Cat, on the other hand, was smirking in triumph. She moved quickly when she was fighting, a flutter of skirt and hair and sharp knuckles and angles slamming into the poor soul she was facing against. There was something beautiful in watching a fight Cat was in unfold--a constant string of people underestimating her and her knocking them into the dust, again and again.

That said, if those two other men joined in Cat would be in trouble, and that was not alright by Demi. Carefully she stood up, away from the building, and judged her timing well. At the right moment--when Cat had pulled away, but was about to start throwing punches again--Demi slipped between her and the man she was attacking, grabbing her arm lightly and redirecting the blow to cause her to misstep.

“Catharine, what have I told you about this?” She chided, taking on the tone of a disapproving elder, but her fingers on Cat’s arm were light and when she glanced at the shorter woman, it was with a playful smile. Play along, her eyes seemed to say, and Cat was alright with that.

Let's see here. . . I'm Murdoc, King, KM, whatever, I can usually tell if you're trying to get my attention. My favorite genres to read and write are fantasy and science fiction, and postapocalyptic flavor doesn't hurt. I absolutely despise literary analysis and if you try to find too much deeper meaning in something I write that isn't a poem then I will hit you with a copy of The Eye of the World until you forget about it and read the book. My strengths as a writer are my broad vocabulary, my wide base of knowledge, my ability to come up with a coherent reason for everything that occurs in something I write, my grammar, and my unsurpassed humility. My weaknesses are a tendency for my characters to sound overly formal and a lack of variation in sentence structure, combined (almost paradoxically) with a tendency to repeat words and/or phrases. I also try a bit too hard to avoid cliche and end up slipping into others, and I tend to put a bit too much of my own personality into my characters.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I'm Pineapple, mostly referred to as Bibs though. I've been in the RP forums for some time, but a few months back, I left there. I'm not really new to writing, but I'm not very experienced either. I absolutely love nuzlockes, so most of the things I'll write will have to do with storylockes.

Weak points? I tend to use very few variation. Also, English isn't my primary language, so spelling and grammar errors might pop up somewhere.

Short, but I don't know what more to put in there. That might be a weakness too, being too brief.

• 1 month later...

I'm Jory. I like to read sci-fi and fantasy, but my writing couldn't be further from that. While I do love to roleplay those, I have a hard time developing overarching worlds and plots. Dialogue is my biggest weakness, which is why I tend to write poetry. I tend to keep my writing as short as I possibly can. Words are precious; there's no need to waste them.

Hello I am CognitiveCapricorn (or CC) . I have been writing and rping for a long time. My strengths I guess would be I'm good at creating an image for my readers and I'm good at building your decent average OC. Because of my ADHD sadly its hard for me to stay focus on the task at hand so I can be a bit of a scatter brain as my weakness. ^^;;;

• 10 months later...

Hi there! I'm new here (obviously). Anyways, my name is Zen, and I've been writing...pretty much since I was a kindergartner. I started publicly sharing my stories about 5 years ago, and I dabbled a bit in RP then too, but I haven't since. So my RP skills are mediocre at best.

I read more than I write now, mainly bc I've got major writing block, but I guess my strengths are that I do well with dialogue (and interactions between characters in general). I hate writing descriptions, though, mainly bc I want to portray scenes EXACTLY as I see them in my head, so I either end up writing too much or writing too little. Oh, and I get writer's block too much.

I want to read most of the stories on here and leave feedback, and post a few of my own too! I have an AO3 account (the link is in my profile /shameless advertising), but I don't have anything really recent that I've finished to show off...still, here's a B2W2 drabble feat. villain protags I posted a few months ago if you want the gist of my writing style...?

When she runs into him for the sixth time that week, she's fully convinced that he's stalking her - because there's a distinctive line between coincidence and design, and she's sure that this latest meeting launches it into full-on "I-totally-planned-this" territory. Of course, that would beg the question of why, but she's learned that questioning any Neo-Team Plasma member is a fruitless escapade and a frustrating waste of time. Besides, that's not the point.

You don't accidentally run into your most hated rival six times in four days. It just doesn't happen.

Either that, or her luck is really, really bad.

"Oh. What're you doing here?" Rosa can see the outline of Nate's shit-eating grin through his face mask and scowls purely on reflex. "I didn't think I'd ever see you outside so much, unless that defect you call a king's got another dog on his heels for now."

She ignores the insults to her person - they're typical and dumb, just like him - but flares up at his "defect" comment (because no one can disrespect her lord so blatantly, especially not some stupid grunt!) and swipes at his face.

"Don't talk about Lord N like that, you...you...mindless brute!" she hisses. He laughs and easily dodges her pathetic assault, catching her gloved hand and bringing it to his cheek.

"What's a cutie like you doing under that freak of nature, anyways?" he asks, and she grinds her heel into his toes as hard as she can with scarlet cheeks in response.

I've also done a lot of beta-reading on FFN! We don't talk about the horrors I've posted there though...

Edited by Arisato