Trick Room Team in mind

brianwee2013

I am thinking of forming a trick room team for Reborn. And would like your suggestions.

Carbink

Item: Light Clay
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD Sassy Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Stealth Rock
- Trick Room

Dragalge

Item: Life orb / Lefties
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD Modest Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Surf
- Dragon Pulse

Escavalier

Item: Lefties / Insect plate
Ability: Swarm / Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD Adamant Nature
- X-Scissor
- Iron Head
- Iron Defense
- Swords Dance

Porygon Z

Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD Modest Nature
- Tri Attack
- Nasty Plot
- Discharge
- Signal Beam

Any other suggestions? I appreciate feedback and suggestions.
Edited by brianwee2013

There's only one weak-to-Rock type Gym we have yet to face, and there isn't nearly as much switching around in Reborn as there is in competitive battle, so you could ditch them. Instead, go for Explosion. Your current set would set up, then waste an entire turn just either waiting for the foe to kill it or to switch out. Explosion kinda does both without really "wasting" a turn and also does some decent damage if unresisted.

(Leftovers? Where'd you get those?) You really gotta put the limited TR time to use, so 2 buffing moves on Escavalier are not that good IMO. Iron Defense is also kinda iffy, to not say worthless against any special attackers. Swords Dance is fine, but getting Drill Run or Knock Off there wouldn't be so bad either.

For Porygon-Z, you might wanna swap Nasty Plot for Agility and Discharge for Charge Beam. With Charge Beam, you'll get your Special attack boosts up quick enough. Discharge could really harm your team with that super-high paralysis chance, making the foes "faster" in Trick Room. And when TR is about to end, just use an Agility and you're good to go even when it ends as you'll probably have a Sp.Attack buff or 2 under your belt by then. Signal Beam doesn't even help out all that much with coverage so you could ditch that and keep Nasty Plot even.

As for other stuffs, it's always good to have a back-up Trick Room setter (especially if the first one blew up...). There's Chandelure if you can deal with a third Ground weakness on board, Cofagrigus (T.Room, N.Plot, Will-o-Wisp/HP Fighting, Shadow Ball), Gallade (all of it's +crit-rate moves together with a Scope Lens give it a 50% crit chance on those moves), Reuniclus, Bronzong (fun fact: Gyro Ball's power is unaffected by Trick Room!), Exeggutor works surprisingly well.

Do to it's low priority, you obviously don't want anything not-so-bulky setting it up (or trying to do so), which is why I only listed decently bulky stuff here, but it depends. Something like Gardevoir would be fine against Special attackers (most likely), but almost any physical attack will fell it.

Other good-but-slow things are Gigalith, Stunfisk (no, really), Granbull, Conkeldurr, Crustle, Druddigon, Lickilicky, Eelektross, Machamp, Gourgeist (Leech Seed, Will-o-Wisp, Protect and Phantom Force make an incredible set), Ursaring, Crawdaunt, Bouffalant, Rampardos, Pangoro, Clawitzer, Swampert, Empoleon, Obamasnow could work, Magnezone, Sylveon, Cacturne, Emboar, Metagross and Kingler. Oh, and Tyrantrum and Malamar.

It's also common practice to also have something fast that functions well even outside of TR, or something slow with a speed-boosting move to kinda function in both environments, so any in the above paragraph which get Agility/Dragon Dance/Rock Polish are especially worth a look.

Just refer to my guide and pick what you like over there for random generally-do-well-ers.

There's my two cents on it, hope I managed to help out.

Edited by Etesian

A few more good suggestions i find really useful are Whimsicott and dusknoir. Whimsicott is just there for priority support and trick room while dusknoir fills a similar role as cofagrigus, albeit a much more defensively balanced one and is more physically inclined.

A few more good suggestions i find really useful are Whimsicott and dusknoir. Whimsicott is just there for priority support and trick room while dusknoir fills a similar role as cofagrigus, albeit a much more defensively balanced one and is more physically inclined.

Prankster Trick Room is actually still slow as can be. Prankster raises priority by one level, so it would be -6 instead of -7. IMO, No real need for priority if you'll be "outslowing" all foes anyways.

And yeah, Dusknoir works, though I'd advise more of a support-set for that one since it's got some neat moves like Destiny Bond, Memento, Will-o, and the like, and it's attack stat isn't really all that great.