Steam Recommendation Thread

Godot

If you like story-driven Real-Time Action RPGS:

'Bastion' and 'Transistor' are for you!

Great Story telling and the Music is just soooooooooooo good!

Rouge Likes:

FTL - Faster Than Light

It's like a Space-ship simulator... you have to manage your crew and your ships through various sectors and fighitng rebels, and pirates... while on a constant run from the rebels main fleet until it climaxes in a giant battle against the Rebels Flagship.

And again - GREAT Music

Rogue Legacy

The castle is ever changing, and when you die the next generation takes over with other skills and/or drawbacks in acompletely remodeled castle!

Metroidvania:

Dust: An Elysian Tail

Great Story Telling! Nice Artstyle and music.

Multiplayer:

Left4Dead 2

Co-Op Zombie-Shooter... if you haven't heard or seen it... I have to ask if you live on the moon^^

(highly customizable in skins and different maps to download for even more zombie-slaughter fun!)

Speed Runners (Early Access):

A "Racing" game where you control one of many Superheroes in a race around the stage... fall too far behind and your out and make the race even more crazier for the remaining people because once the first one is out (or all are too good and last for around 2 minutes) the Screen visible screen will shrink and therefore making it harder to keep up

(Like in smashbros. once you are too far out... BOOM!)

And there are a few Items that will help you keep up or send your rivals to their doom!

It even has Local-Multiplayer!

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth is a great rogue-like time waster. Very simple but incredibly challenging.

Another is Tower of Guns, its a very fast single player FPS with lots of turrets and explosions and rooms make of spikes and lava and shit like that and its a lot of fun.

Yet another roguelike is Risk of Rain, which is just amazing.

If you have a small group of friends try out Dungeon Defenders or Dungeon Defenders Eternity (though 2 is out now on early access). It is an Action Tower Defense game with RPG elements.

Another group one is Killing Floor, a great zombie survival (mutant, I guess) fps.

The Last Remnant is a pretty cool JRPG series by Square Enix (A Square RPG that isn't Final Fantasy, egad!) it is significantly different to any FF game, but in a good way.

How to Survive is a nice single player RPG-ey Zombie Survival type game thing.

That's it for now, methinks.

Source: A Steam Library of 130 games.

Yet another roguelike is Risk of Rain, which is just amazing.

Another group one is Killing Floor, a great zombie survival (mutant, I guess) fps.

I can confirm the greatness of these two games. I've played the original Binding of Isaac, so I'd assume Rebirth to be even better based on what I've read of the added content.

Super Meat Boy is an amazingly fun platformer. It gets crazy difficult when you get to the further levels, but it's extremely satisfying when you finally beat one of them.

I've poured almost 200 hours into Dark Souls 2 and would highly recommend it to anyway who would enjoy a challenging Action RPG. The Lore and story are interesting, and are presented to you through the descriptions of items and armor more than the game itself. The combat is very fun and gets your adrenaline going, and the armor just looks badass.

The Portal games are must-haves for anyone who even remotely enjoys a puzzle game. The atmosphere is amazing, the gameplay is top-notch, the aesthetics are beautiful, and you get GLaDOS.

Skyrim is a great game if you enjoy a massive amount of lore and the action/adventure free-roam RPG style, though I must say that the combat is a letdown after playing games like Dark Souls and Devil May Cry. The mods for this game increase the experience tenfold.

On the note of Devil May Cry, I would highly recommend the Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition. The combat system is amazing deep and fun, allowing you to play simply or complicated and rewarding depending on your skill. Since the game is a prequel, you don't need to play the first two games to have any understanding of the story. (You actually don't need to play the second game at all, really.)

Castle Crashers is a good game to get if you have a friend to play with, as it gets boring after the first playthrough if you're playing alone.

Super Hexagon is an inexpensive game that is great if you only have a few minutes that you want to spend doing something. It's extremely difficult, yet somewhat addicting.

And I think I'll end with Terraria. Terraria is an interesting game, that most closely resembles a 2D Minecraft. There is a ton of stuff to create, and your world is randomly generated. There are enemies and bosses to fight, and the deeper you dig, the better resources and more difficult enemies you will find. There is multiplayer, though it's a bit complicated to figure out at first.

Starbound is pretty amazing game, it's still in development, but it's pretty big. Basically, you create your character, pick your race, and then when you go into game, you have your own ship. You can use your ship (Which requires fuel) to go to other planets, but you have to go to your planet that you're over first to get materials for shit. All in all, I find it fun for all kinds of reasons (You're also underpowered for most of the game so you always have the chance of dying). I think I nearly have 100 hours into the game right now.

There's always some great classics like Civilization V and Civilization: Beyond Earth.

Also, in a word: BioShock.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (1 and 2) are great fun and fairly challenging. Definitely give them a try. Although, if you play 2, make sure you have the Restored Content Modification, which restores a ton of content which was cut from the official release of the game because LucasArts wanted the game out for Christmas the year it was released.

FTL is fun fun fun.

The Portal games are fun puzzle oriented games if you're into that sort of thing.

Edit: No clue how I forgot this one, but "The Walking Dead: The Game" by Telltale Games is pretty epic.

Edited by AuthorReborn