Animated Sprites Files

Chris211

Hello Amethyst i know you removed the download files for Animated Sprites because many people were lagging after installing, though thats my specs and i would like to send me the files if possible =) and in case i also lag i can just remove the files or keep save file and reinstall the game. thanks in advance
Processor: Intel® Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.7GHz

Memory: 4096MB RAM

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460

They would probably be very incomplete I might assume, especially the custom shiny sprites that I doubt have animations. Gen 6 would probably lack animations as well. But, if you're ok with that, then you're better of sending Ame a message than creating a thread.

Since they are part of the Esstentials Package, you can just look for them online and just download them from there. (Pokemon Zeta is a good place to get them from). Since Amethyst included Pulse forms, you're always are going to have some standstill Pokemon, but other than that, just simply replace the static sprites with the animated ones in the folder.

You have to delete a couple of things like the shadow and fake Pokemon, but I have tried it and it worked. It's a bit of a pain, but it does work. You could also try these if you want. (It all comes from Esstentails anyways.

http://xpharetra.deviantart.com/art/Pokemon-Essentials-Ulitmate-BW-Pack-7-314203957

with this one, just drag and move them to the sprites folder with the Pokemon in it (forget the name). I personally don't use animated sprites because it lags the game horribly. If one isn't moving, just simply delete the static one and it should work fine.

What is Esstentails?
So first i will make a backup from Graphics/Battlers folder , then i will delete it, though for good and bad i will back up all the graphics folder.
Then i put graphics folder from download link to pokemon reborn,right?
This is also from pokemon Zeta:
http://www.reddit.com/r/pokemonzetaomicron/comments/26o09e/resource_pokemon_xy_animated_gifs_resized_and/

should i try the one from xpharetra or zeta?

Make sure you have a backup copy of Reborn's sprites. (I'd use xpharetra's for this). Simply select all of the sprites in that folder and drag them into the reborn's one. Most of them should move with a couple of oddballs outside of Gen VI. You may have to delete the static sprites if a problem occurs.

To answer your other question, Pokemon Essentials is a package used to make Pokemon Fan games or basically the foundation of most. Reborn uses this along with a few (more like a ton) modifications.

okei i am gonna try this in 2 minutes and i will post the results :)

Edit: when i delete the pokemon reborn battlers folder and place the folders of the download in there, i open the game but pokemons have no icon at all >.< so i think i will wait Amethyst to reply to my message or here..

Oke sir, 20 mins had passed and since it was my thread so i wasnt spamming or something in someone else topic, i didnt considered it as double-post. next times i will just edit.

Edit: I used the sprites from Zeta.. It works without having lags or something,but i will undo it since it has 2 problems:
1.some pokemon are lower than they should be,that occurs when i defeat a pokemon
2.some pokemon icons are missing and i the pokemon are invisible at fights or when i check their moves etc.

Edited by Chris211

1. I think that is a problem with the game normally (I remember that being something like that). Usually, it's hidden by a Pokemon HP bar, but I'd like to see a screencap if possible.

2. I'm guessing these are the Gen VI and Pulse Pokemon. You can fix this problem by highlighting the Gen VI Pokemon and placing them back into where the animated sprites are (they won't be moving though). The Pulse Pokemon are next to their respective Pokemon which are Abra, Muk, and Tangrowth.

I tested this and it still seems to be working fine for me (I do it differently where some sprites are still static). If you're having problems, upload some pics and I'm sure I or someone else can fix it for you.

Edit: The thing crashed on me...again. Now I remember why I stopped using animated sprites.

Edited by commander218

Guys there is another topic and another guy who already workin' on that... Maybe u can teamwork or something

can you post the link of his thread ?

2. I'm guessing these are the Gen VI and Pulse Pokemon. You can fix this problem by highlighting the Gen VI Pokemon and placing them back into where the animated sprites are (they won't be moving though). The Pulse Pokemon are next to their respective Pokemon which are Abra, Muk, and Tangrowth.

I tested this and it still seems to be working fine for me (I do it differently where some sprites are still static). If you're having problems, upload some pics and I'm sure I or someone else can fix it for you.

2. yes i thought so, i had the same solution in my mind :)

i will Edit this again later and upload a picture if i am allowed

Edited by Chris211

@Qaaz: I already have done it more than once and its worked fine for me outside of the PC crash (which happened before animated sprites were removed). Just always save before using the PC. It's just a pain in the arse to delete every single static sprite when most of them work fine from the merge. (I haven't tried Gen VI Models because that would be suicide on my computer).

As for animated sprites, I'll eventually upload a complete one for people interested in them (I may include a couple of the Gen VI animated sprites). I'm waiting until Reborn is finished because I would have to completely redo it every episode.

I use sprites from pokemon Zeta and i also placed in the same folder sprits of the 6th gen pokemon(2d) (taken from the reborn folder)..
Some pokemons are displayed further below that they should be, but thats not very annoying.
I dont lag when moving or battling, when i use my pc though i have some lag but thats insignificant imo.
The serious prob that i dont know how to fix is: some pokemons have wrong sprite, for example my bunnelby is displayed as milotic.

I use sprites from pokemon Zeta and i also placed in the same folder sprits of the 6th gen pokemon(2d) (taken from the reborn folder)..

Some pokemons are displayed further below that they should be, but thats not very annoying.

I dont lag when moving or battling, when i use my pc though i have some lag but thats insignificant imo.

The serious prob that i dont know how to fix is: some pokemons have wrong sprite, for example my bunnelby is displayed as milotic.

I remember having that problem when trying to move around sprites from one folder to another. I remember the only way I fixed it is by using a clean Reborn Sprite folder and selecting everything in the Zeta folder outside of its fake megas and Shadow Pokemon (I deleted those) and sent them into the Reborn Sprite folder (a copy and paste). I suggest this method because you're going to have to redo this each and every episode that comes out (aka, have a folder location of the animated sprites you want to add).

As for the Pokemon disposition, I would have to see a pic to see if that was an issue or not. The PC does occasionally crash, but it's been behaving a lot better. The only other big crash I remember is a trainer in Shelly's gym, but it's been changed since then. If you still come across problems, I will screen cap the exact steps I used to create animated sprites with Gen VI static images.