Shiny Rate Episode 9???

knuckles002

Hey I am going back in time to episode 9 to get a Elekid and want a shiny one since I only catch shinies: I was wondering if anyone knew if the shiny rate was harder back then on that episode or easier or the same cause hard right now: Especially with the Shiny Color being normal and not recolored making it harder to know if it is shiny before seeing the pokemon.

Please help, thanks

• Administrators

The shiny rate has always stayed the same except one release that I had to reupload later to fix this-- I tried to decrease the shiny rate and what happened was some of our trainers' already-caught shinies became UN-shiny because of the decreased rate. So if the rate was higher, going back to previous episodes would not help catching shinies-- they'd just become normal in the current episode if they weren't within the current range

The shiny rate has always stayed the same except one release that I had to reupload later to fix this-- I tried to decrease the shiny rate and what happened was some of our trainers' already-caught shinies became UN-shiny because of the decreased rate. So if the rate was higher, going back to previous episodes would not help catching shinies-- they'd just become normal in the current episode if they weren't within the current range

Appreciate the reply Ame, yeah I have noticed that problem when looking at the shiny rate data in the files: Like if you turned the rate to 100% Shinies and caught them and then turned the rate back to normal the shinies you caught would no longer be shiny because they were caught on a different shiny ratio which if it had been the normal rate wouldnt have been shiny in that encounter changing it back to what it would have been. Thanks again :P Keep up the good work looking forward to 14ep.