Wrecking Ship on Gym # 11 (Ep 13 Spoilers)

Zzylard

Hey guys. So you got to episode 13, and now you're about to take on the gym that lets you access Dive (but not really for right now). You've busted through the gym's puzzle while having flashbacks to Pokemon Sapphire / Ruby and taking on Wallace's gym in Sootopolis. Then you press "a" and you have no clue for what's about to hit you. You get that notification, "the field is superheated."

Then the Ninetales and the Typhlosion get sent out, and suddenly your two opening pokemon are dead--you only have four pokemon left and you haven't even blinked.

You send out your starter. Maybe it's Swampert, maybe it's Greninja, maybe it's Blastoise. If you're lucky enough to land a Hydro Pump, you look in awe as it hardly takes half of the hp necessary on the Ninetales. Typhlosion uses Eruption, and you're like, "psh. That won't do anything." And sure enough, your Swampert / Greninja / Blastoise survives. Then you see "...Ninetales used Solarbeam!" And you're screwed.

Dealing with the fire gym mostly is a game of speed. Most of the pokemon obtainable in the game that can learn Earthquake naturally are too slow, so you can't rely on your Golem, your Swampert, your Rhydon, your Diggersby, your whatever. They're all going to get one-shot by something thanks to that combination of the superheated field and the Drought. Likewise, most of the obtainable pokemon that can learn a strong Rock move also fall under the first category. Most of them, except for Archeops.

Archeops is a frustrating pokemon to use because as soon as its health bar drops under 50% it's as good as useless thanks to Defeatist. Hopefully, your health with this absolute behemoth won't even drop under 100%.

You can get an Archeops courtesy of the Plume fossil, which is available either through digging or through an in-game event (see the pokemon location guide!)

Tips for your brand new Archeops: When resurrecting it (at Route 1), make sure you save beforehand so you can RNG reset so that you can get an Attack or Speed positive nature. I settled for Lonely with decent IV's, pray for Adamant because Archeops is more inclined physically than specially.

Archeops is one of the rare pokemon that gets most of its good moves through leveling up. Meaning you don't need to worry about TM's for the most part. Notable moves include: Acrobatics, U-turn, Dragon Claw, Crunch, Rock Slide.

LET'S LOOK AT THAT LAST ONE. ROCK SLIDE.

Rock Slide wrecks SHIP with this gym. Archeops has INSANE stats from the get-go: 140 Attack, 110 Speed. That's all you need to know for now, though--it outspeeds Ninetales and Typhlosion with full EV's at an equal level, which are the strongest pokemon you'll need to worry about on that gym. Drop Rock Slides and hope you don't miss, and you'll exit this battle with a badge and no scars.

ide still favor the blizzard method as it removes the superheated field and allows you to use water attacks without damage reduction and reduces the damage those ninetales and typhlosion do to your poke's xD and dont try to hit fire with fire coz their hidden power is a water attack which can easily wipe out the strongest of fire types.

Use Rain Dance. Weakens all her moves, and makes the field rainbow. Hyperkiller-their hidden power is next to useless, as it's base power is about 15 thanks to the field and sun combo. My mono fire team was (almost) able to just slug it out by trading flamethrowers all match.

Put Crobat and Krookodile out first. Had Crobat use Rain Dance to turn it into Rainbow Field (and yes, Crobat CAN learn Rain Dance for some reason) then proceeded to wreck face with Krookodile's EQs. Coupled with his Moxie and some assistance from the rest of the team, this gym was a cakewalk.

Dealing with the fire gym mostly is a game of speed. Most of the pokemon obtainable in the game that can learn Earthquake naturally are too slow, so you can't rely on your Golem, your Swampert, your Rhydon, your Diggersby, your whatever. They're all going to get one-shot by something thanks to that combination of the superheated field and the Drought. Likewise, most of the obtainable pokemon that can learn a strong Rock move also fall under the first category. Most of them, except for Archeops.

Actually my Flygon was faster and Ko'ed 4 (or 5 i don't remember) of her Pokemon

I'm glad all these strategies are coming out. Didn't really think of Rain Dance (I even had a greninja that totally could have learned it).

I'm still extremely partial to Archeops because even if you miss a rock slide and survive the blow (above 50%), Acrobatics is GOING to kill.

The only downside to Rain Dancing is she has a second, stronger, Ninetails. She sends it out last, but you either need to be able to Rain Dance again, or NUKENUKENUKE with your entire team.

But everyone, let's think. It could be worse.

AME COULD HAVE GIVEN HER TALONFLAME.

The only downside to Rain Dancing is she has a second, stronger, Ninetails. She sends it out last, but you either need to be able to Rain Dance again, or NUKENUKENUKE with your entire team.

But everyone, let's think. It could be worse.

AME COULD HAVE GIVEN HER TALONFLAME.

I think Ciel will be given Talonflame... and combined with that field effect... she's going to be deadly *shudder*

The certified 100% most effective way to beat Charlotte is trick room with fake out support on the first turn. One slow pokemon with access to earthquake will kill everything she has bar Rotom-H and by that point it's over. This also uses her EV training against her.

I think Ciel will be given Talonflame... and combined with that field effect... she's going to be deadly *shudder*

Not to worry! A Rhydon is easily catchable in the nearby Mountains.