overprepaing for radomus

alaneapen

So I am deciding to leave my blaziken, azumarill and possibly mamoswine in the box while I am training my honckrow, defensive cofagrigus, magneton and box pokemon: houndoom, escavalier and drapion. Am I overprearing or is radomus hard if I don't. Am I on the right track?

1) lv 58 Honckrow 252 atk 252 speed @Moxie

- sucker punch

-night slash

- brave bird

-roost

Standard murderkrow

2. lv 50 Escavlier 252 atk, currently training hp

-megahorn

-x scissor

-reversal

- iron head

3. lv 57 cofagrigus

- hex

- wil o wisp

shadow ball

- destiny bond

4.lv 54 houndoom 252 sp atk 183 speed

-foul play

- flamethrower

-shadow ball

- training for nasty plot

5. lv 58 magneton@analytic 252 sp atk 155 speed

-charge beam

-discharge

-flash cannon

6. lv 51 drapion @ sniper

-poison fang

- crunch

-hone claws

- toxic spikes

Radomus is easy. Either Drapion or Escavalier can destroy him on their own. My Drapion alone beat 4 of his Pokemon, seems like his AI prefers to use Psychic attacks over everything else, so mine didn't even get hit at all (barring friendly fire). If you go back to E12 or earlier, you can get it Swords Dance through breeding with a Ninjask, much better than Hone Claws. I'd also say you take full advantage of Sniper: give Drapion a Scope Lens and Night Slash rather than Crunch (and later on Cross Poison). 50% of the time, Night Slash will do x2.25 the average damage. I'd recommend you actually get a new one, not only for Swords Dance, but also for it's best Bug level-up move, Bug Bite. That way, it'll be incredibly useful against the next gym as well.

For Escavalier: Bug STAB. That's all that need to be said. Although I'd say 2 Bug moves are redundant and Reversal isn't too great. If you want to keep it around for the long run, stick with Megahorn and Iron Head, but get it Knock Off from Drapion and sorta-soon, you'll reach a Drill Run tutor. For this gym, you could get it Swords Dance (level 52).

As for your general team:

It may not help too much in this gym, but Tailwind is something you should use instead of Roost on your Honchkrow. We have healing items.

Cofagrigus gets Nasty Plot and Memento from Spiritomb. You may or may not want Memento because you have the superior Destiny Bond, but I'd really recommend Nasty Plot.

Ghost and Dark have the same Super-effective coverage, so having 3 moves of those types is rather pointless. Not that many foes have higher attack stats than Houndoom's special attack stat, so you would be better off with just Dark Pulse. And Nasty Plot and Hidden Power would be great moves for it.

Yes, you are definitely over preparing lol; Honckrow alone will sweep his team. You don't need a full team of Dark and Ghost to defeat a Psychic Team. Think outside the box; synergy between Pokemon always are stronger than straight up strong Pokemon.

Get Mamoswine to your team; start the battle with Honchrow and Mamoswine

Spam Earthquake and spam Sucker Punch GG

I'm one of those person that don't like having rotation Pokemon. If my party of 6 can't handle any situation given, they aren't good enough and I need to improve my team overall.

Yeah you just might be over preparing kinda like I was but I use rotation teams and I'm always experimenting with stuff people don't use like swanna and yanmega. You'll make him very easy to defeat with a team like that but you probably didn't have to take out azumarill and mamoswine but speed boost blaziken yeah i can see that being a problem with trick room getting set up.

On closer inspection I see you've been ev training. Ok you are over preparing because his pokemon aren't ev trained but his Gardevoir is a menace if you don't level up your team which seems fine by the way. 57 maybe 55 minimum is a high enough level. I tried winning with pokemon at around 48 to 50 and got wrecked every time by Gardevoir and Slowking. Well, that's my story for ya.