Truly the worst day ever

Magus

I normally wouldn't start a topic like this, if shit goes down in my family I just slap it as a status update, suck it up and get over it, but this is worthy of its own wall. So let me ask you, have you ever been so engrossed with something, that no matter what kind of hell happened in the world, you can find safety inside your own personal sanctuary? Well for me it was pokemon, I remember as a kid the hell I went through because of younger brother school, and my drug addict of a father, I could escape all that worry, and be happy. As I grew up pokemon began to become a passion of mine. When I picked up competitive battling in gen 4, I realized that I had talent, and when I found about VGC, I knew that had I could become great. But today, October 11 2014, changed that. I have no more trust in my older brother, he has killed it with his irresponsibility. To make a very long story short, he was supposed to get some groceries from the store and return, but he didn't. Rather than that, he goes with his friends all day and decides to f around town, and while he was gone, my mom has a stroke. I'm not going into uber details, but you see why I'm pissed. Because of this my mother is in the hospital, there is no way for me to get to Houston tomorrow, and I'm worried sick . I wanted to end my pokemon career on a happy note, going to regionals, meeting some of my hero's like Cybertron, just battling it out and having fun before I leave for basic. It was supposed to like ending the book of my entire childhood and starting again as an adult. But the world is not an ideal place, I guess this part of being and adult.

Well that is the end of my rant, as of today I'm done with competitive battling. I will do my best during the few months left before I leave to make sure I can at basic. As for my brother, well I have nothing to say to him. I love him to death, but he needs to realize the stress he gives my mom is going to end up killing her. I don't normally vent like this, I just go out to a secluded area and yell at the top of my lungs. If you read this entire post, well thank you, it's ok if you comment or not, just knowing that some took the time out of there day to read this is good enough for me.

Lost for words mate, nothing much I can say to you directly.

Maybe have a chat to your brother about his behavior, and the impact it has on your mother, particularly her mental state, is all I can really say.

All the best to you, and hopefully your mother recovers quickly.

I know your feel bro.

I hope your mother gets better soon mate.

And whit your brother.... Smack some sense in him. Talk to him, make him realize what he´s doing is damn wrong

If you need anything, let us now.

Currently, your stress seems unevenly divided between mother and brother. If you're looking for a way to get around it, I'm uncertain what to offer. Should he care the same level as you do for your mother, then he must show up at the hospital. He absolutely needs to understand that. And if not, then there's not much either of you can do for one another. I do not know you nor your brother, so the best advice I can give is neutral.

Take the utmost care.

Oh God.
Best wishes from me to your mother and you. Hope she'll be fine again and i hope you can end your pokemon career on some high. I just wish it for you :/
As for your brother.. I hope he realizes what he did. No responsibility at all. Bloody hell, I would go on rampage to my brother if he would do the same...
And yeah, if you need sth, then just ask. I#ll try to do the most possible what i can do from over here haha :P