The team of a beginner

Miguel_ftw

I'm new to this game(kinda) and have defeated Julia (fuck her aftermath bullshit) and Florina (meh) and now I'm at Corey and want you guys to judge my team.

The only reason I got this far and the reason her Cradily was a pushover was because of the technician fury cutter Kricketune

Growlithe lv 26

Flaffy Lv 28

Frogadier lv 31

Kricketune lv 34

Pidgeotto Lv 28

What do you guys think of my team? Any tips? I know this game makes you rage and shit, Julia taught me that.

Edited by Miguel_ftw

Ah I remember when people would rage over Florina's Cradily, not sure if those were good times.

I think you should be fine against Corey, hes not a difficult gym leader. Make sure to gust away his corrosive field with pidegotto and bring a poison pokemon for toxic spkikes. About Growlithe your going to need to keep it as growlithe until 45 if you want flare bltz or 39 if you want flamethrower otherwise it doesn't get good STAB. You may want to replace kricketune soon it starts to lose its usefulness around this gym(btw whats with everyone using kricketune?) Not sure how pidegotto scales to the latter game but besides that your team seems fine though abilities and moves would be appreciated.

I hate Corey. SOOOOO MUCH

Fucking Corey with his Crobat bullshit. I send in my Kricketune and sing/ fury cut the shit out of his skrelp, he sends in skunk tank, I get incinerated, fury cut him, after math damage, he sends in croagunk and he also dies to fury cutter, then his crobst fucks me up. HALP ;-; also gust doesn't get rid of the field effect. I tried

I hate Corey. SOOOOO MUCH

Fucking Corey with his Crobat bullshit. I send in my Kricketune and sing/ fury cut the shit out of his skrelp, he sends in skunk tank, I get incinerated, fury cut him, after math damage, he sends in croagunk and he also dies to fury cutter, then his crobst fucks me up. HALP ;-; also gust doesn't get rid of the field effect. I tried

Arbok. Glare + Screech/Acid Spray (depending on what your team favors, physical or special attacks). Boom. Also, Noctowl is incredibly useful for his gym.

Also, if Gust is not getting rid of Corey's field, you're probably battling him in the other field.

Depending on what you do before battling Corey, he will face you in the Corrosive Field or in the Corrosive Mist Field. Gust gets rid of the latter.