Platinum Challenge!

AZKnight

My preparations are finally complete. I have transferred over everything of value (Event Pokemon, EV Trained Pokemon, Rare Items, etc.) from my Platinum game to my HeartGold game. Yes, I will still be losing a lot of stuff, but at least I can get it all again when I replay Platinum. Because that's what I'm doing! If anything it's because I miss playing the new games but also because I want to replay the latest generation before Black & White comes out. Fresh reminder of where we just came from before experiencing where we are going.

Now I want to [s]wrangle[/s] [s]force[/s] [s]coerce[/s] [s]blackmail[/s] encourage the Reborn community to have some input and influence on this. Exactly how? By recommending Pokemon for me to use on my journey! I just love coming up with new ways to use more Pokemon and not just my favorites. Be that doing something like my Mono-Bug challenge on LeafGreen or simply trying not to repeat using Pokemon. "Hmmm...I used Tentacruel last time, so I'll use Starmie this time around."

First Come, First Serve: Going to try and stick with the first suggestions that come through. Because of this, do not do multiple suggestions. Give other people a chance. Also means first person to pick my Starter, go for it. And again, I'm fine with variety. Give me strong Pokemon, weak Pokemon or weird Pokemon, just give me a fun team. But I swear if someone goes "U shud use siix Bidoofz!1" I'm going to give up on you guys.

Just want to do something fun that involves you guys.

Oh, and should I spend a $38 credit at Gamestop for Black & White or for an Action Replay?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

[u][b]THE TEAM[/b][/u]

~ STARTER
~ [color="#00FF00"]Leafeon[/color]
~ [color="#0000FF"]Lucario[/color]
~ #4
~ #5
~ #6

• Administrators
You get an Eevee at some point... In Hearthome city, I believe. Using any form of Eevee is always fun~ (Just, good luck if you want Glaceon ._.)
Leafeon proved invaluable for me with Synthesis in parts like the Veilstone Galactic HQ, where leaving and healing every few battles would've otherwise been a pain...

I don't really know where you'd find a Thunder/Fire/Water Stone so the evolution is up to you, unless someone else has an idea...

[quote]Oh, and should I spend a $38 credit at Gamestop for Black & White or for an Action Replay?[/quote]

Have you already played either on a ROM like everyone else (might) have? ... well I guess that doesn't really matter; I'm getting Black almost immediately, so naturally I'd suggest something I'm doing myself.

[s]Where... IS my Action Replay, anyway...[/s]

No, I haven't played a ROM for them. I just don't really see the point of playing a hacked version of a game I'm going to buy anyway. Plus, you lose a lot in translation from the DS to a PC in my opinion. I'm going to get both, just a matter of which to get for free(er). Although now I'm paranoid that the Action Replay won't work on B&W and they'll release a new version and it will have been wasted. Yay unfounded fears!

I like the idea of using Leafon. I've actually never used one before so it would be something new for me.

• Administrators
Dragonite is no where to be seen in Platinum. Garchomp could be ago, then.

If you're going to have a grass/dragon type, I'd reccomend some anti-ice. Torterra's twice-out as a starter for redundancy and weakness, but personally I'm not a fan of either Infernape or Empoleon.

I was gonna say Togekiss, but that's not exactly going to help your ice weakness.. So... Lucario? You can get Riolu as a gift too, and steel will resist Ice.

[color=#000000;background:#000000;' onmouseover="this.style.color='#FFFFFF'" onmouseout="this.style.color='#000000']Infernape is god until Blaziken+Speed Boost came along, to me that is.[/color]
Staraptor has Close Combat, which can counter Ice types. There aren't many Ice types in Sinnoh to begin with, other than Snowpoint. But then again, I've never played Platinum ._.

Having a Dragon like Garchomp can never hurt as they are generally beasts in the regular game. Used one the last time I played through Platinum. Lucario is also an interesting choice because, believe it or not, I have never used one before. Now the reason for this is pretty silly. I was rather bitter toward Lucario at first because I did not understand why it was getting all this out-of-game hype. After all, it's not a legendary Pokemon or anything, yet it was a major mascot of DP and got its own spot in Brawl. That hatred is long gone now, but I never had a chance to use it in the game. Staraptor, too, will be given consideration. I should only listen to one of Dragonz suggestions.

But now I have a Starter dilemma. I hate to have types repeat on my team for unneeded coverage and weaknesses. But now with Grass/Fighting/Steel, that covers all three starters. I'll have to be redundant! Noooooooo!

Just in case anyone is curious, this was my team when I played the story over a year ago.

Infernape
Togekiss
Gastrodon (Sucked beyond belief)
Weavile
Tangrowth
Garchomp

• Administrators
[quote name='"AmethystStorm"']I'd reccomend some anti-ice.[/quote]

This, this, a thousand times,
[size=7]THIS![/size]

I cannot begin to explain the hell Candice put me through in my first run of Diamond just because I had Torterra and Staraptor... not even my Manaphy and its Ice resist could save me from that. ._.
You're using (maybe Garchomp as well as) Leafeon already; DO. NOT. MAKE. IT. WORSE.

Empoleon is a 4x resist to Ice and not quite as redundant as if you were to use Torterra; I also see you've used Infernape before, so, I don't see why[b] [/b]not. Of course I've already suggested Leafeon so in the end it's up to you or someone else who provides anything about the starters.

[s]Alternatively, you could forego using the starter at all once you're at a safe point in the game to do so; I did this in my last LeafGreen playthrough and ditched Blastoise as soon as I found a 6th Pokemon I wanted.[/s]

For the hell of it, I'd reccommend torkoal, and if my family hadn't lost all my ds pokemon games (pearl, platinum, and soul silver), I would have given you an egg for a Torkoal that would have hatched knowing eruption, EQ, fissure, and i forget what else (maybe it was stone edge). T-T