Azery and the adventures of Mono Bug

Azeria

• Veterans

So yeah i was sick today and decided to start a Mono Bug Run

The Rules are pretty much the same compared to other Mono type runs

I am allowed to keep my starter and 2 pokemon for field moves such as headbutt and strenght

Update Coming Later

(Etesian ya bloke have some fun with team options :D,Using Leavanny)

• Veterans

Beat Fern

Current Team
-Level 11 Kricketune
-Level 11 Butterfree
-Level 11 Beautifly
-Level 10 Surskit

Beat Julia

Current Team

-Level 19 Kricketune
-Level 15 Butterfree
-Level 14 Beautifly
-Level 13 Surskit

Kricketune's OP as fuck
Poison stalled the emolga with Poison Powder
Edited by Can't Type

(Etesian ya bloke have some fun with team options :D,Using Leavanny)

As you wish. To list everything viable then:

Ew, Butterfree.

-Whenever you get to Jasper and find yourself a Sewaddle, wait with evolving it. Unlike Swadloon and Leavanny, it gets Sticky Web at level 31. Or solo the game because you'll have a freaking Leavanny, what more do you need.

------Durant with Hustle is a monster everyone should use, you included.

-Even though Sleep has been nerfed, Sleep Powder Quiver Dance Venomoth is still viable, just don't get too greedy with the buffs. Just note that Venomoth trivializes some of the current gyms.

-Considering when it evolves, Ariados could be quite useful against Florinia. Could. It also gets Psychic, which you could use for breeding if you'll use E12's breeding on occasion.

-If you'll allow it, Skorupi's evolution can annihilate Luna and Radomus (if you get it Swords Dance from Ninjask).

-As gimmicky as it is, Shedinja has quite a few uses. In fact, I think Serra (first gym leader that came to mind) has only one way to damage it, Froslass.

-If you can get it right now (with the patience to Headbutt trees for half a day), Vespiquen would be great against both Florinia as well as Corey (dat Gust).

-Yanmega actually gets Psychic from Venomoth/Ariados if you breed them in E12-, but even without it, it's still a great addition.

-Baton Pass Scolipede will help you out greatly as many bug types aren't all that fast.

-Whenever you get to it, Heracross>Pinsir. It also gets EQ and Rock Slide from Geodude>Dwebble>Heracross in E12. With some Speed boosts from Yanmega, it would be unstoppable.

-Ninjask's Speed Boost BP may be superior to Yanmega's due to the fact that it gets Swords Dance, but it's far too frail to reliably set up SD and live to pass it on. Although it does get Protect from E12 Pineco.

-Weak Armor Shell Smash Crustle is a force to be reckoned with. It also gets EQ from E12 Geodude.

-Escavalier is great as well, albeit a bit slow. Keep in mind it also get Drill Run from a tutor...somewhere, I can't remember where exactly.

-Galvantula gets Energy Ball from Petilil/Lotad>Paras>Joltik.

As a guy who is currently taking on the mono bug run myself her are some tips just keep in mind I don't use sleep status and I haven't tried breeding yet so that really makes my playthrough more difficult

- Shelly is going to be a nightmare, I know she was nerfed and now fights in a double battle but that Yamega will one shot nearly every bug type in the game at that point because of ancient power and air slash. I beat it with quick claw destiny Vesiqueen, she also has that technician Scyther which also can OKO nearly every bug type in the game with tech boosted wing attacks I beat this by wearing it down with a Fortress. Since the battle is double you should have it much easier but just becareful Shelly is very strong against mono bug.

-You might want to go back a few episodes and pick up a Dwebble when you get to Cal I'm not sure how else your going to beat him.

-Vesiqueen is very useful as a suicide bomber with Destiny Bond, get a quick claw from a wild meowth and it makes taking out key pokemon like chandelure or Garchomp much easier to deal with.

-Venomoth is really good after it evolves give it a go if you want an early quiver dance sweeper.

-Butterfree is actually pretty good despite what Etesian says, its been a pretty solid pokemon throughout my playthrough though I can't really say the same about Beutifly its ok but its slow and if it has Rivalry its a bit gimmicky to use.

-Glaceon and Chatot are going to be hell, I don't quit know how to beat Glaceon without sleep since it was before i made that rule for myself and I don't even remeber how I beat Chatot the first time and the second time I only won because of crit rock slide.

Well thats all I have for now if you need any help feel free to message me and I'll give you some tips, I'll be challenging Serra soon so wish me luck! This is going to be brutal...........

Edited by ShatteredSkys

She's got a Volbeat, Illumise, Yanmega, Scyther, Masquerain, and Wormadam iirc. She leads off with Masquerain and Illumise (whichever one isn't her ace). So the Intimidate right off the bat is pretty annoying, plus Illumise has Prankster + Confuse Ray. The first turn can really devastate your team if your not prepared.

Nah, she doesn't have Scyther anymore. To begin with she sets up rain with an Illumise, and then the first pokemon out after one of her leads is killed is a swift swim Anorith, which will likely wreck Azery with double speed super effective STAB rock slides hitting both of his pokemon. Also, struggle bug hits both pokemon in a double battle, drops your special attack by one stage each time, is boosted by her field, and I've seen every pokemon she has (except Anorith) use it.

Nah, she doesn't have Scyther anymore. To begin with she sets up rain with an Illumise, and then the first pokemon out after one of her leads is killed is a swift swim Anorith, which will likely wreck Azery with double speed super effective STAB rock slides hitting both of his pokemon. Also, struggle bug hits both pokemon in a double battle, drops your special attack by one stage each time, is boosted by her field, and I've seen every pokemon she has (except Anorith) use it.

....why....

Also, dwebble wouldn't have been available at this point in the game even if you went back to a previous episode if it was obtainable near Cal.

I didn't catch many of the struggle bugs. I had rock slide on my 2 leading Pokemon when I battled her. Cakewalk.

Basically:

Your Mono Team < Gym Leader's Mono Team in every way possible

Edited by Phlytosion

Ouch..... Yeah Azery is going need Fortress or Wormaden Steel for that.

Also, dwebble wouldn't have been available at this point in the game even if you went back to a previous episode if it was obtainable near Cal.

I didn't catch many of the struggle bugs. I had rock slide on my 2 leading Pokemon when I battled her. Cakewalk.

Basically:

Your Mono Team < Gym Leader's Mono Team in every way possible

I meant when when he got to Cal I have no idea how to beat Cal without it.

You have access to Vespiquen, who can casually set up thanks to Defend Order being buffed by the field as well. So in a sense, that's an advantage. Rock Slide also probably (well maybe) won't one-shot some of the sturdier ones that aren't Bug/Flying (Wormadam, Forretress and perhaps Leavanny come to mind).

Now, that Yanmega, on the other hand... You might want to pack Quiver Dance. So Venomoth is an idea.

I don't know if that Volbeat is still obnoxious because I only saw it use Tail Glow before I killed it, but it's entirely possible.

Tl;dr Bug still sounds like the mono-type from hell to me... makes me miss my Grass mono. I need to start that up again at some point.