Need help for Charlotte!

PokeBoss

Well, I'd recommend going and getting the TM for rain dance then. Episode 13 is currently not like episode 12. You have access to route 1 and beyond for the entire duration of the episode, you don't need to beat Charlotte first to go back there.

You could finish the Gang quests from the Lapis Ward. That rewards you with both Sunny Day and Rain Dance. Some people have said to win by using their own Fire-type and using the field against Charlotte.

but it's so far away :(

Well, I'd recommend going and getting the TM for rain dance then. Episode 13 is currently not like episode 12. You have access to route 1 and beyond for the entire duration of the episode, you don't need to beat Charlotte first to go back there.

Eh, i have been to the checkpoint and the guard returns, until you complete the Episode, so no help in getting the TM during the Episode.

Eh, i have been to the checkpoint and the guard returns, until you complete the Episode, so no help in getting the TM during the Episode.

Not for me he didn't. I literally walked out of the Agate Circus, onto Route 1, just after beating Samson, in episode 13.

A little hard to give advice without movesets.

Anyway what I did involved rain dance, earthquake and cotton candy...

Quagsire : EQ,Surf,Amnesia,Strenght

Snorlax: Heavy Slam,Body Slam,Rock Smash,Crunch

Luxray: Crunch,Discharge,Thunder Fang,Spark

Togekiss: Aura Sphere,ExtremeSpeed,Air Slash,Metronome

Arcanine:ExtremeSpeed, Fire&Thunder fang,Bite

Flygon: Earth Power,Rock Slide,Dragon Claw,Crunch

If your Arcanine has Flash Fire use him to kill everything (healing him with the second Pokemon or use Earth Power if the second is Flygon) and you really should have taught him Flare Blitz (that would help), if it doesn't have Flash Fire use an Ability Capsule...or the Rain Dance tactic.

If your Arcanine has Flash Fire use him to kill everything (healing him with the second Pokemon or use Earth Power if the second is Flygon) and you really should have taught him Flare Blitz (that would help), if it doesn't have Flash Fire use an Ability Capsule...or the Rain Dance tactic.

My arcanine has Flash fire but literally can only pick up kills with extremespeed

If you want a clean-cut success, go with Rain Dance. Gyarados learns it by level-up, so if you've got a Magikarp or low-level Gyarados, go with that. Otherwise, check for Pokes that learn Rain Dance by level up.

I didn't catch a magikarp ;-; I cri everytim

any advice for someone without gyarados or flygon? i cant go back to reborn city :/

Yes you can

My arcanine has Flash fire but literally can only pick up kills with extremespeed

Try Fire Fang it should be stronger than Extremespeed because of the field

Quagsire : EQ,Surf,Amnesia,Strenght

Snorlax: Heavy Slam,Body Slam,Rock Smash,Crunch

Luxray: Crunch,Discharge,Thunder Fang,Spark

Togekiss: Aura Sphere,ExtremeSpeed,Air Slash,Metronome

Arcanine:ExtremeSpeed, Fire&Thunder fang,Bite

Flygon: Earth Power,Rock Slide,Dragon Claw,Crunch

Hmm, okay, let me think.

You could try sending out Snorlax and Flygon first. Assuming Snorlax has Thick Fat, it should allow him to tank some of the fire attacks before going down, assuming that Typhlosion doesn't have Focus Blast or something. In the meantime, have it spam Body Slam in the hopes of paralyzing her Pokemon. And since Flygon is its partner, the AI probably won't use moves like Heat Wave, and will most likely opt for something like Solar Beam instead. Have Flygon keep using Rock Slide, and hopefully you have a Quick Claw to take advantage of the flinch chance if it goes first.

Make sure Flygon doesn't go down for as long as possible, because with Flygon out on the field, the chances of Charolette's AI selecting a dangerous wide fire move is drastically lowered.

If Snorlax goes down, send out Luxray. I don't remember if Charloette has any physical fire types on her team, so it probably won't matter if it has Intimidate or not. Either way, Luxray should be able to safely use Discharge since Flygon is ground type, hopefully paralyzing more of Charloette's team.

If Flygon ends up going down, send out any Pokemon other than Arcanine and Quagsire. Then spend a turn reviving Flygon while switching out the other Pokemon for Arcanine, hopefully baiting Charloette into having her Pokemon use Heat Wave, therefore activating Arcanine's Flash Fire twice upon switching in. Then send out Flygon again to resume the Rock Slides, and have Arcanine go to town with his boosted Fire Fangs.

Quagsire will most likely be largely useless in this fight, unless you stick a Quick Claw on him and hope that he goes first with Earthquake with Togekiss or Flygon out on the field. Or the two opposing Pokemon are paralyzed.

This is just theoretical though, I don't guarantee these tactics will work. I'm just trying to make up something based on your current party.

---

Hmm, for your reserve Pokemon... Does your Sylveon have Light Screen? That could help tremendously in cutting down the amount of damage her Pokemon wreak on your team, since most of her team consists of special users if I recall correctly. Sylveon can also change the field with Misty Terrain, which will cut down Charloette's offensive power even more. Maybe replace Togekiss (Togekiss will be useless against her Rotom-H).

Edited by Alilatias

Hmm, a bit off topic, but regarding the guards...

I suspect that if you updated to E13 while you are Agate Circus or further, the path back becomes blocked. But if you update while you are in the earlier areas, you're still able to freely go back and forth. I did the latter and did not observe any guards blocking my passage upon my arrival at the Agate Circus.

I'm not sure how to test the former though.

Hmm, a bit off topic, but regarding the guards...

I suspect that if you updated to E13 while you are Agate Circus or further, the path back becomes blocked. But if you update while you are in the earlier areas, you're still able to freely go back and forth. I did the latter and did not observe any guards blocking my passage upon my arrival at the Agate Circus.

I'm not sure how to test the former though.

i updated while in reborn city and Vin had to fix my mess :( sorry for off topic though. i cannot go back to reborn city through the circus and am stuck with the pokemon i have now

Just for clarification you can only go back to reborn city before talking to Titania and getting surf. After that you're in episode 13 and cannot leave until beating Charlotte.

So I can't go get rain dance then? I'm pretty much stuck with the pokemon I have..