Character relations and ending speculation.

Magus543

After replaying V12 on a join Team Bladestar run, i've come to a possibility, what if the reason the dev team won't let us romance anyone is because they already have romances planned out between the cast? I've been playing through V12 and realized there is some teasing towards Aelita and Ren, especially from Nastasia. Like during the scene after Aelita takes care of Alice, Nastasia embarrasses Ren by stating Ren's heartbeat increased when Aelita showed up, and stating Ren was very worried for her, that's an anime trope if i've ever seen one. And when you think about it, Ren and Aelita have certain similarities, they both have an association with a town and want to reform it so that's something they can bond over, have a history of being coddled and hating it, and both have a goal of becoming stronger and mature after an extended absence, ETC. And don't think that the fact that they literally only start interacting with each other in this Version fool you, this game has a habit of establishing strong bonds between characters who have literally only met for a couple of hours/days.  Even their type matchup contrasts, Dark and fighting(granted before both got a shakeup) Maybe Ren has a thing for purple haired girls? Granted, i could totally be wrong but this is speculation.

Just remember, the MC has been shafted in every character interaction, even if you feel that there are more romantic vibes between the PC and Aelita than Ren and Aelita could possibly have, if the Dev team wills it( or unwills it in regards to any romantic options for the Player), they will date. Look how ignored we are, every time when Madam X shows up, despite having the most personal reason to hate her, she ignores us, we can't do anything to show any form of hatred towards her, and characters like Melia and Aelita get more interactions with her. Which reminds me, i know people are suggesting post game quests for individual NPCs but hell, with how things are going, do we know if the PC is even going to be the Post game character? I can see a post game of Rejuvenation, making us permanently play as Melia, Aelita, or Ren, ALA Red Dead Redemption, considering it's totally possible we won't survive the endgame even if we win, since from what i can tell from the vague Garufa texts, we may disappear once we are done judging the world.   

Okay, that may be way too depressing for this kind of game, if it ends on the note, that we will be left behind while everyone else has their happy ending. And the thing is, it kinda fits Pokemon. the anime regardless of what you think if it, always pulled the heartstrings when Ash had to go to another region and leave his companions. Or Pokemon Mystery Dungeon (which this game really loves getting music from) where our Character fades away after saving the world, and especially in explorers of the sky, it's quite heartbreaking.

Edited by Magus543

• Veterans

Can you please quit worrying about whether there's romance in the game or not? Like legit, at this point this song and dance is getting genuinely old and it's becoming increasingly tiresome to continuously have to debunk these assumptions. The reason you're not getting romance routes is because Jan doesn't feel comfortable writing them as he doesn't like harem-y game types and mechanics. I've said it before -- Rejuvenation is not a dating sim and never was gonna be one, so please stop assuming that it was. That's literally all there is to it, nothing more.

(btw the Ren/Aelita speculation is fine, but this doesn't necessarily mean that based on their interactions there's romantic tension between the two, keep this in mind)

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Zumi said:

Can you please quit worrying about whether there's romance in the game or not? Like legit, at this point this song and dance is getting genuinely old and it's becoming increasingly tiresome to continuously have to debunk these assumptions. The reason you're not getting romance routes is because Jan doesn't feel comfortable writing them as he doesn't like harem-y game types and mechanics. I've said it before -- Rejuvenation is not a dating sim and never was gonna be one, so please stop assuming that it was. That's literally all there is to it, nothing more.

(btw the Ren/Aelita speculation is fine, but this doesn't necessarily mean that based on their interactions there's romantic tension between the two, keep this in mind)

Okay, got it.