The "backalley-stories" of reborn

Conkeldurp

Heyho mates,

so... this "urgent matter" came to me after I basically just found a treasure of knowledge unintentionally. 🙂

While playing through the Reborn Redux Mod by Commander, I oddly had to battle Taka at the trainstation in the desert. Maybe I'm just numb for these kind of storyshifts, since I dont remember doing anything differently but ANYWAY, after I beat him, Taka offered his help, which I accepted. While on exploration in the desert Taka basically spouted a ton of info, and gave background context on the "Gible-Cave" and the Mirage Tower. I'm honestly admiring Ames love for detail but the sad point is:

• I can't shake of the feeling that there is some much well hidden backstory which, if you dont know better, stays hidden for you. As the story in itself and especially these tidbits of background are so intriguing that would be a real shame especially for people that play mostly for the story.

So I'd love to kick of somewhat of a "backalley-topic" dedicated to the party of the story that may interest many people but is too hidden to be accesible to them.

So here is a starter, Takas backstory for the Gible Cave and Mirage Tower

Spoiler

Gible Cave:

Taka reveals that he visited the place when he was young with his father (Solaris). When you enter a room with the stone Garchomps, Taka explains that these are sort of a trial set up by his ancestors. When you catch a Gible, Taka tells you that when he was young Solaris took him along as he captured a Gible (which is now ofc his signature Garchomp), Taka himself refused taking a Gible of his own with him, which Solaris was most displeased with.

Mirage Tower:

Taka reveals that the Tower was build by his ancestors. When you make it to the Honedge on top, Taka explains the trial of ascending the tower is for proving ones sturdiness in withstanding distortions. Why is that important? Taka lets us in on that matter aswell: when Arceus created the world of Reborn, and the shrine which Solaris and the Meteors originally protected, Giratina created distortions in the World by solely existing. So Taka/ Solaris ancestors drove Giratina from the world by the help of a mystical weapon (which is now long gone and replaced with the honedge).

Edited by Conkeldurp

Does this count?

In the Lapis Ward Pokemon Center there's a guy who talks about The Savage. The story he gives there is pretty brutal, but it's not completely made up.

When Reborn was an on-line Pokemon league, there was a real guy calling himself Savage who ran a mono-Water team. All well and good, until he gets to Shade -- and finds, to his horror, he has absolutely nothing to counter his Shedinja. Presumably, once you submitted your team for the League, you couldn't make any changes without starting all the way over, from the beginning. So this guy throws himself into fight after fight, and loses every time... he did eventually beat him, but it came down to a PP-stall war. Unfortunately the logs are lost, I was only told this by another user.

• Like 1