A Polar Bear's Quest

xXAulkranXx

Welcome back today. I have a new question for you fellow humans, from your endangered neighborhood Polar Bear. I restarted the Reborn Game and would like to know, are there any pokemon you can get that are good against rock type pokemon Before you reach the first gym badge? I would like to know. Thank you, and good day.

Baring the Water and Grass starters (I'm assuming you chose a Fire Type), getting the Old Rod and access to the pool in Lower Peridot gets you goldeen and finneon; having the Rose Incense on hand during a sunny day in North Peridot will get you a budew; and getting access to Mr. Seacrest's garden gives you a shot at cherubi. Not much in the way of options, but hey- this is Reborn. Limited resources to start with is kinda its thing~!

^I think it just has to be a clear or sunny day for budew, with the incense in your pack and NOT equipped on your pokemon. 

Cherubi is poor offensively for the first gym but it can learn sunny day naturally  which synergiezes well with fire pokemon and those that have chlorophyll or use growth. It also gets petal dance on evolution (25) which is pretty insane to be having that early on(120 BP STAB).