Marek Takes A Swipe At A New Community

Jar-Kai Marek

How are you people of Reborn doing? The name's Jar-Kai Marek, although you should shorten it to just Marek if you wanna refer to me, for simplicity reasons. So anyways, on to this introduction of mine.

I hail from the United States of America, and pride myself on my nationality, although I've noticed some don't toot their own horn, but whatever.

I was once an avid Pokemon player in my earlier teenage years on a journey through Unova. I competed in the Pokemon Video Game Championships in Houston and Long Beach in the Seniors Division though sadly never topped at those events (my best day being 6-4) and made okay friends with a then up-and-coming player named Cybertron (or Aaron Zheng I think his real name was).

I hadn't picked up a Pokemon game since Black or White 2 until recently because a good friend of mine coaxed me into getting back into Pokemon when Sun and Moon come around, so I picked up a 3DS and caught up with the current 6th generation mechanics like Mega Evolution, Fairy types, and other assorted tweaks here and there.

As a Pokemon player, I take a natural preference to Fire, Steel, Poison, and Fighting types, as some of the more renowned Pokemon (in my opnion) held one of these types. I like to play Singles, Doubles, and Triples, and despise Rotations (like I bet everyone else does) and like to play hyper or balanced offense. My favorite 3 Pokemon have to be Metagross, Infernape, and Tentacruel (which I managed to end up with through my run)

I got here because my same friend told me about this game called Pokemon Reborn, so I looked it up and played it through. I sort of liked the game, just enough to keep me playing it, with enough difficulty and content to keep me busy for some time. The game, while definitely hard at times, never made me tear my hair out, like some others I've talked to this game about.

Anyways, besides Pokemon, I played A LOT of Magic and Yugioh during my 3 year break and watched, read, and played a lot of Star Wars related media. I do like to roleplay and cosplay quite a bit. I'm no savant at writing, but I do pride myself on world building in what little roleplay I created myself.

While I do indoor things quite a bit, I do like to go fishing, camping, or walking when I'm not sat up in front of my computer. I'm currently going to community college to major an AS in Counseling and Human Services and hopefully I'll move on to the University of South Florida from there to get a Bachelor's or Master's in Psych. Always found a soft spot for being a shoulder to cry on, an open ear, or a caring soul for certain people, so I suppose that's something worth making a career out of.

Anyways, I hope I get acquainted with a couple of you Reborn folks, and I bid you all a fair day for the time being, and a song I love to jam to if you're interested in hearing it:

Hi there Marek! Welcome to Reborn!

It's always nice to see people rejoining the pokemon community and getting to try out fan games so good on your friend for encouraging you to give it a go!

I don't really share that many type/ pokemon preferences with you, but hey, that doesn't matter! Each to their own!

If you're interested in getting involved in Roleplaying, we have a subforum for it, so I'm sure you'd enjoy getting to know some people who frequent it.

If you could check out the Community Rules to the left, that'd be amazing.

Hope to see you around!

Thanks mde for the information. I know what you mean, when I introduce guys back into Yugioh. It's a little rough explaining to them the changes and whatnot. Also thanks Lugruf for the intro. I might hit either of you up if I got further questions.

Edited by Jar-Kai Marek

Hello, and welcome!

As Mde said, checking out the roleplaying forum is probably worth your time. I've found myself frequenting there more and more recently.

I too, play yugioh, although I don't really concern myself with the meta and just play fun stuff. Hit me up if you ever want to play on YgoPro or something, and there are a few others around that would probably be willing to play as well. (I'm sure they'll show their faces at some point.)

Anyways, I hope you enjoy your stay!