A Pokemon Liquid Crystal blind playlog

Personthing

I've been on a Pokemon high of sorts lately, and I've really been feeling the urge to do a playlog, so here we are. I'll be playing Pokemon Liquid Crystal, a Pokemon Crystal remake for the GBA that uses Fire Red as the base game. Why this instead of Heart Gold or Soul Silver? Well, I kind of felt like doing something different, and speaking of doing something different, apparently Liquid Crystal has taken some liberties and did some things differently from HGSS.

This is going to be completely blind, except for one thing: I've heard that trade evolution Pokemon have been changed to evolve through other means.

If this is the wrong forum for this, apologies to the mods.

Now let's begin...

Part 1: Beginning - Falkner:

fqtwq7M.png

Quite the pretty title screen I'd say.

9lV3dFn.png

I decide to play as the female protagonist, as I'm quite find of her design.

Abnv9NB.png

Yep, this game somehow has a day and night cycle that reads your computer's system clock. You have to download an emulator included on the Liquid Crystal website to actually make use of this.

WBIxamu.png

I get the Pokegear and quickly make my way to Elm's lab. I predictably choose Cyndaquil. I nickname him Cinder. Cinder comes with an Oran berry.

IgUtUYy.png

I reach Mr. Pokemon's house with little issue. I use up Cinder's oran berry though. Elm calls afterwards as per usual, so it's time to head back to New Bark Town

Mu5jCcd.png

Rival time!

Admo1kq.png

I see they stuck with ??? instead of Passerby boy.

HO9rfX5.png

Oh! Totodile's level 6 instead of level 5.

krm46Mu.png

And I actually lose because of it. Totodile top tier in the scratch/tackle meta. Defeats: 1

ZihuRfX.png

Take 2.

awys2sl.png

I'm a stickler for "canon" names, so I name him Silver.

fWb6j5j.png

Gotta talk to mom before I leave. She gives me a nugget and running shoes! Holy crap, talk about spoiling your child.

WSLBQ0x.png

Now then, onto everyone's favorite, youngster Joey!

ANKhGst.png

OH. OH BOY. Between Joey and the next youngster I go through 6 potions. Liquid Crystal definitely ups the difficulty compared to GSC or HGSS. I realize that I will have to grind.

qgzzOBC.png

Who the fuck is this autobot?

9FLCgac.png

So it looks like I have more than one rival this time around???? OK, this'll be interesting.

gbtkbdb.png

This Porygon is an asshole. It used Conversion to turn into a rock type, so I did piss for damage and had to use leer spam + a lot of potions to win. I've already burned through my nugget funds.

J8DEIoR.png

Yep, he's gonna be recurring.

AVB5UiS.png

Grinding in the grass, and hallelujah! Cinder finally learned Ember!

KZs9yfa.png

This guy is new.

4vxkidL.png

HVJr6VM.png

He has a Charmander, Pidgey, and Machop. The Charmander also had an Oran Berry. I've never seen this Charmander sprite before, is it custom?

oQWhPlN.png

Here we go.

6m2LvT4.png

Since it's night time, I head to Sprout Tower only to grab a Gastly. We'll be doing the Sprout Tower next part.

OG7rMMX.png

Almost forgot to note this, this hack has the special/physical split.

XzsQ9Uu.png

Immediately after catching Gastly I head to the ruins of Alph and solve the Kabuto puzzle to specifically grind Gastly.

sCr0fty.png

After Gastly's grind, I head to the route west of Violet City I encounter this new NPC. For answering yes to his question I get...

d0E8xpP.png

THUNDER!! WHAT.

2sLlNoA.png

YESSSSSS!!!! RIP Falkner lmao.

bLP2NiV.png

About to enter the gym, and this guy gets in my way. He runs away without a fight. Another rival??

RgnEtsP.png

Gastly OHKO's all of Falkner's cronies.

vZxyw5h.png

27xlq56.png

2nSVQ9k.png

True to GSC and HGSS, Falkner has two Pokemon, but they are significantly stronger. Not that it matters, Gastly has freaking Thunder.

ikTXQIN.png

Easy badge get, and Falkner gives us a TM for Mudslap. A brief summary of Gastly's time in this gym:

The team:

ma3D5MR.png

cfTIUQH.png

NuNODRt.png

0ZIOiOF.png

End of Part 1.

Future parts will still use images, but I'll try to make them shorter. The start is a pretty long thing to get through. Next time, Bellsprout Tower, Union Cave, and maybe Bugsy. Feedback is appreciated

Edited by Personthing

Now then, onto Part 2: Sprout Tower - Pre-Bugsy Rival Clusterfuck:

Dgj2RdI.png

And to start this part, we take on Sprout tower. On an unrelated note, I am quite fond of the tilesets that this hack uses.

y26PEGW.png

X2S2m3F.png

Aside from the trainers being significantly stronger, there's not much different to Sprout tower. I feel sorry for those who picked Totodile or Chikorita.

OFfofCC.png

YBARqF1.png

At the top of the tower, we find Silver mocking the Elder. While the Elder doesn't put up much of a fight against me either, his levels are higher than everyone we've faced so far aside from Falkner with a level 15 Hoothoot and 2 level 13 Bellsprout.

VXwga97.png

On route 32 I avoid most of the trainers on the Southern part of the route, as I want to grab some new team members in union cave and train them up.

nr6rStR.png

A very pleasant surprise awaited me in the Pokemon center here. Was the old rod here in GSC? I forget, but either way I'm quite happy with this.

GF5nida.png

XKJjtWv.png

After facing off against a horde Tentacool, I find this little guy. I've never used the Horsea line before, so this'll be interesting. Permanent team member #3, Hydrus the Horsea, obtained.

hRpLRuL.png

This game is really generous with items. First Thunder, and now this?

NlcYy3X.png

And right as I try to enter Union cave, Zane pops out of nowhere, surprising me for the second time. He doesn't want to fight this time, and promises to fight me in Bugsy's gym instead.

mHcUjxc.png

And with no repels, I set forth through Union cave.

cDQS9Df.png

eDm7T4V.png

vPRcR81.png

KMO5AiG.png

Permanent team member #4, Behemoth the Onix and a temporary team member Chomper the Raticate, obtained.

5BHlZSd.png

This guy has a goofy sprite. The trainers here were actually kind of tough, and a few of them were packing potions as well.

QkBB12D.png

I step out of the cave and... Oh god no, it's Zane.

wOOjuqw.png

Why am I worried, you ask? This is my team after Union Cave. Out of healing items, and in no condition to fight a rival.

s0gFFdd.png

And being distracted by Zane, I stumble into this jerk. RNGesus was on my side though, and I managed to cheese him with Specter and Hypnosis.

0b9cPCl.png

Oh thank god he doesn't want to fight. I gotta find this kid's Pokedoll in Union cave, and Zane gives me a repel for my troubles.

vZsEdRi.png

This is the only place I haven't explored yet. Also that Pokemaniac to the south was one of the big reasons my team was so messed up. A level 18 Slowpoke hurts, even with Thunder.

E2kHDsY.pngBbORdBw.png

First thing I see is a TM for swift. Since all Hydrus has for attacks is Bubble, I can't think of anyone better to teach Swift.

DoIdyyd.png

There it is.

6wwVil0.png

And Zane buzzes off without a fight this time as well. Phew!

gvL0isD.png

After healing, I check out the Pokemon on route 33. Go home Roselia, you're in the wrong region.

fKdIAAU.png

Kurt can't make balls because he's all in a huffy about the Slowpoke. Welp, time for team Rocket.

aEyYM0J.png

x9ZCC9s.png

Aside from being much higher level'd than in GSC, not really much different here.

zw6aZo4.png

I head to Ilex forest to check out the new Pokemon and get the Silver fight out of the way. But instead the guy who bumped into me in Violet city shows up.

fVDDHLH.png

Rival Battle!

wLV6oEa.png

He leads with a Quagsire. This thing was quite frustrating to take out, especially with it's leftovers. Hit quite hard as well.

gQbLn0w.pngI4rj4vO.png

His next two team members, Electabuzz and Growlithe were not nearly as tough as Behemoth resisted/was immune to most of their attacks.

ZOs2uVS.png

He finishes with his weakest team member, Bagon. All it knew was double edge, it seems.

j2D8zJ3.png

So his name is Axel. Well, Axel bids us farewell, but I can't help be disappointed by the lack of a Silver fight,

QlAbQ9u.png

Wait, nevermind! It looks like Silver decided to take a page out of Cheren and Bianca's book and wait until we just finished fighting Axel to sucker punch us. No healing, just Silver.

ubIRMV8.png

Rival Battle #2!

LJ6RPxw.png

This fight gave me more trouble than it had any right to. This Gastly crit my Gastly with lick when I tried to bring it in and KO'd it.

aOOVqCy.png

Because I'd lost Gastly, Mud Slap spam was my best option. Croconaw still ran a train over most of my team.

OU2gU1x.png

Just a Zubat.

l0TgoaW.png

And with that, Silver is defeated. Despite having an inferior team, Silver put up more of a fight than Axel did.

YZG3iEP.png

I heal up and head to the gym, and true to his word Zane is waiting for me. He's courteous enough to let me choose to not fight him if I wish.

Rlp7JwQ.png

Rival Battle #3!

rnJE9xR.png

Conversion worked against Porygon this time around. It turned into a steel type, and got destroyed by Cinder.

uhyFOng.png

This Eevee took forever and a half to kill. It spammed rest, but it didn't really do much else.

Z47hWty.png

Zane also switched into his Shroomish twice to preserve his Eevee. It was odd.

ErMuOOM.png

Silver put up a better fight than Zane did, as well.

CKmLUqs.png

And with this, Zane proclaims that he will be the champion and runs out. Welp, that's all for this part, I'll save Bugsy for part 3.

The Team:

byolXr3.png

Hasty Nature

O9V3Mk7.png

Bashful Nature

pyp2ju4.png

Quirky Nature

So0PIfw.png

Docile Nature

WQVZ3OO.png

Docile Nature

Part 3 will probably be either sometime this evening or tomorrow.

Aw man silver/ crystal has always been my most favourite of the canon games and now you've shown me something that will most likely consume all my time.

Would you be so kind as to share the download link/ site for this hack?

Also good and easy to follow documentary. You mention making the posts shorter - I say keep them as they are or even longer with some more detail I personally find it more entertaining as it feels like I am going on the journey with you step by step

Aw man silver/ crystal has always been my most favourite of the canon games and now you've shown me something that will most likely consume all my time.

Would you be so kind as to share the download link/ site for this hack?

Also good and easy to follow documentary. You mention making the posts shorter - I say keep them as they are or even longer with some more detail I personally find it more entertaining as it feels like I am going on the journey with you step by step

Link: http://pokemonliquidcrystal.com/

I'll keep that in mind. I do like making substantial progress in every part, my main concern is making it so it doesn't drag on.

Link: http://pokemonliquidcrystal.com/

I'll keep that in mind. I do like making substantial progress in every part, my main concern is making it so it doesn't drag on.

Thanks for the link, I played with all 3 starters before and while Cyndaquil is definitely my favourite I think I may just give Totodile a shot...

I wouldn't worry about dragging on the story either. So far you've already shown me enough interesting stuff in each episode you've posted to want me to see more. If this follows more or less the same story line as the original (gaining access to the Kanto region after E4 then there is loads to report on. I am definitely interested to see and experience how the new rivals fit in to everything and if red will still be the final boss and if not who is going to replace him. As far as you can see do yu know yet what gen mechanics this hack follows? Gen 4/5/6?

If you keep things interesting enough then even if the thread goes on for pages and pages it won't feel like its dragging on and so far it's pretty good

Edit:

It seems Roselia's not the only hoenn pokemon in the game. There's ralts and whismur in the grass by Mr Pokemon. The encounter rate is bloody low though

Edited by Genesis

Now then, it's time for part 3: Bugsy's gym - Pre Ecruteak city:

hY1TVuh.png\

After clearing out the rivals last part, it's time to take on Bugsy. His gym has the exact same layout as it did in GSC.

Gvy1a5T.png

Gym leader #2, fight!

3lVlJvD.png

And he leads with a Metapod, as per usual. Free exp for Hydrus.

enpXXhi.png

However, Bugsy does actually have a line up change. His usual Kakuna has evolved. But since I have a rock type, he falls like the rest.

wQSgvIl.png

4x weak to rock? You know how this goes.

LY3aOXg.png

RIP Bugsy, squashed like a cockroach.

FOHVUl8.png

And we also get Fury Cutter as our TM for winning. Yay...

Qic6CZZ.png

Oh right, this happens. Gotta get that HM 01.

Aj6DiLs.png

And since I'm not familiar with GSC's layout of this part, I spend a good amount of time chasing around this Spearow with an identity crisis before I figured things out.

2LVcQoN.png2Ndfgay.png

No wonder they lost their Spearow, they must be delusional. I get Cut, and the assistant gives me a Charcoal for free back at his house.

KfsyHVQ.pngOQ89zkM.png

Now, I continue to make my way through the forest to grab the headbutt tutor. I want a Heracross, and that's how you got one in GSC. Cinder is my unfortunate choice for brain damage.

MwgYiO7.pngiaIMTX1.pngNXodA3s.png

After spending nearly half an hour headbutting trees on Route 33 looking for a Heracross to no avail, I give up. But on my way back through the grass, I end up running into one. Turns out they were just super rare on this route. Permanent team member #5, Zephyr the Heracross, Obtained.

rvN69uw.png

I make quick work of the rest of Ilex forest. This guy had a Beedrill, I think.

PtSwKSS.png

Speaking of Ilex Forest, the encounters here were quite high level'd. I ran into many level 16+ Metapod, Butterfree, and Kakuna. Bugsy must have caught his Metapod here.

RDE2dwe.png

I clear out the trainers on Route 34, giving Zephyr most of the experience. He still doesn't learn any fighting moves.

xWUggva.pngF8kx3JJ.png

This rando had a Ninetales. The daycare is on this route, but there is no odd egg, much to my disappointment.

vgjtiZH.png

It's Golden Rod! Shopping, Gambling, a gym, this city has everything!

GyCCw0k.png2tyxDxq.png

I head to the underground and grab the Coin Case. The haircut brother is also there, and for a low price of $500, he will give your entire team a haircut.

unGvtlO.png

I empty out my wallet for the elemental punches.

6zGDFjF.pngQk8AYjE.png

It's time to develop a crippling gambling addition. Send help.

E9L4jju.png

4 hours later... Cinder gets Fire Blast and Dig, Specter gets Shadow Ball, and Hydrus gets Blizzard.

L9sWb7P.png

Now then, with no more time to waste I head straight into the heart of the beast.

aioOW6T.png

9YyZ6qV.png

It's Whitney time, ready for hell? I sure am.

tcSdxBK.png

Now she leads with her Miltank. You see that level increase? Yeah we're gonna have a bad time.

1x9Qfhw.png

tumblr_o3bqiowFyI1qgddhho1_540.jpg

YsYi8Rx.png

Rip Cinder and Zephyr. Not even Fire Blast could finish off this monstrosity.

iy2vANW.png

You... You monster! But it's not over yet, Specter still has curse.

YCoocld.pngFcJafHn.png

Die monster. You don't belong in this world!

MelA2IF.png

All she has left is this dinky little Clefairy, which loved to spam metronome. We've got this!

7n9f0dv.png

ohwnGDH.png

Noot noot motherfucker.

9XsqM13.png

Begone foul creature of the night, you have been vanquished! Now it's time to head to route 35.

KJqZXPS.png

Oak was in for a really rude awakening. There are 721 of the damn things now.

Nm4ZzSe.pngQIUWwa1.png

I do a quick clear of the trainers on route 35. As per usual, they were stronger than in GSC or HGSS, and the most notable things was this cool Pikachu sprite.

sfUyQn6.png

I get Rollout. While it may have been great for Whitney, for me it's completely useless.

AQilMns.pngnG4IcjZ.pngFhkauzN.pngLbX7YDA.png

I head north to the national park, and this happens. It seems that there will be no bug catching contest because the old warden of the park moved to the Orange Islands? Like that region Ash visited in the anime? Are we gonna be able to go there eventually or something?

CRun578.pngtV2AoVC.png7TDhKRI.png

New warden confirmed Magmar. (He's an asshead)

cS1cKEO.png3fo2CrA.png

I power level Zephyr on the National Park trainers because I want something better than Horn attack. Since he got brick break at level 23 I'm going to assume this uses Gen 3's learnsets, which is kind of a pain as most natural learnsets are pretty barren in Gen 3.

53rYVpp.png

If I had known about this, I could have saved a lot of time gambling.

asbYBXo.png

This guy was actually kind of impressive. He had a Mr.Mime, Abra, and Kadabra all decently level'd.

Iih1EJn.png

I had to make my way to the Sudowoodo before talking to this girl to get the Squirt Bottle. She wouldn't give it to me beforehand even after I beat Whitney.

RqKjfza.pngsYGh7Kz.pngvBQdsuC.png

I clear away the Sudowoodo, and for my troubles I get a Berry kit, and Rock Smash. Pretty nice rewards, I'd say. Time to head to Ecruteak.

0hzYgPl.pngSNcIhwG.png

On my way to Ecruteak, I happen upon this little scene. Axel really has it out for these thugs. Can't blame him really.

eZzDcqt.pngzB0PklU.pngdZTejHs.pngdriiHgc.png

These guys want to do something to Elm, and I can't let that happen. Time to head back to New Bark Town. I did miss some screenshots of dialogue, and for future parts I promise to capture more of the new story dialogue.

hrthNXc.pngBnMDPTk.pnggevqBzw.png

These guys are ganging up on the Professor. Not gonna let that happen, jerks.

5oKE1Ar.png

Team... Saturn? So we have more rivals, and now we have more evil teams? Fine by me.

BAzs4gf.png

He had two Magnemite.

JyEfJjG.pngVAz8KHx.png

They want Lugia and Ho-oh it seems, and because Professor Elm know a lot about evolution, he could be useful to them? Ok then, may as well take the dude.

MfRY1ug.pngEQC4Ym8.png

An admin? His overworld sprite didn't look any different from the grunt's.

H1kfBsU.pngU9FyGhE.pngOOKFFMg.png

He also had a Nidorino. His Dugtrio suffers from RBY Giovanni syndrome where it can't hit anything immune to ground, and since Specter is a ghost it also can't use any normal type attacks it might have known.

FH6bitk.pngKxYsblC.png

And they run off. Apparently they are looking for Latias and Latios instead of Lugia and Ho-oh? If that's so they should play HGSS and go to Kanto instead.

T2YS1VD.png3jzEABb.pngTmRA5Tb.pnggkBIk0f.png

And Axel show up, late. Dude is slow af if he got here this late, and he ran off before me. He berets me for letting the thugs go, and to be fair, since this is the world of Pokemon I totally could have used Behemoth or Zephyr to hold them in place. Apparently Axel is from another region entirely, and he wants to study Johto Pokemon. Anyways, with that I'll conclude this part. Next time, Morty and some other stuff.

The team:

kZt19P8.png

Hasty nature, ability is Blaze.

CvKxKZy.png

Bashful nature, ability is Levitate.

JQeCekn.png

Hasty nature, ability is Swarm.

Zkha5QH.png

Quirky nature, ability is Swift Swim.

U2aD5B2.png

Docile nature, ability is Rock Head.

For future parts, (aside from the very beginning of part 4) I will be taking more screenshots during new story sequences, as it makes it kind of awkward to only have bits and pieces of dialogue that are unfamiliar to everyone. Next time, Morty's gym and a bit onward from that.

Thanks for the link, I played with all 3 starters before and while Cyndaquil is definitely my favourite I think I may just give Totodile a shot...

I wouldn't worry about dragging on the story either. So far you've already shown me enough interesting stuff in each episode you've posted to want me to see more. If this follows more or less the same story line as the original (gaining access to the Kanto region after E4 then there is loads to report on. I am definitely interested to see and experience how the new rivals fit in to everything and if red will still be the final boss and if not who is going to replace him. As far as you can see do yu know yet what gen mechanics this hack follows? Gen 4/5/6?

If you keep things interesting enough then even if the thread goes on for pages and pages it won't feel like its dragging on and so far it's pretty good

Edit:

It seems Roselia's not the only hoenn pokemon in the game. There's ralts and whismur in the grass by Mr Pokemon. The encounter rate is bloody low though

This hack, aside from the special/physical split completely follows Gen 3's mechanics including Pokemon learnsets.

Edited by Personthing

I don't know half of what you are suggesting, its like I read half the story I don't quite know what all this is patch and what not

Err, apologies on my part. I'm pretty sure most patches (or at least all the ones I've played) work just fine if the patch and the rom have the same name and are in the same folder. Ex: Pokemon.gba for the rom, and Pokemon.ips for the patch. Liquid crystal requires you to hard patch the rom with a program like lunar IPS. You

apparently it is missing something called d3dx9_42.dll from my computer but there is no such thing provided just the emulator and IPS file , this is my first time with emulator games so I've no idea how to fix this stuff

Hmmm. That's an entirely different issue in of itself. I believe that's one of the system files on a computer. Not quite sure how to deal with that.

Remember when I said I was gonna make this a bit shorter? This is the longest part yet, lmao. (Or at least the one with the most images) Now then, onto Part 4: Ecruteak City - Chuck:

IXqyF6J.png

On my way back to Ecruteak after saving Elm from those goons, I explore a bit of dark cave and find a moon stone.

rd22wEQ.png

We have a few things to do in Ecruteak before fighting the gym. The first thing I take on is the Kimono girls.

0lZaiit.png

Why? Because upon beating them this old guy will give you Surf.

yr3tv9H.png

Nothing really new here, except the Kimono girls Eeveelutions are quite a bit stronger than in GSC.

qsKOl7R.png

And the EXP is enough to get Specter to level 25, so now we have Spoopy Ghost V2.

Edk2QPh.png

Remember when I said that trade evolutions evolve differently than they normally do? Check this out.

Ay0cFa4.pngqh1icNW.png

rXNipUd.png

Now then, task #2, the burned tower.

QB48XqU.pngfX9Se5s.png

Morty and Eusine are chilling out here. Eusine's overworld sprite is just a generic super nerd, sadly. And of course, there's Silver to the north.

cv2TBka.png

Oh, and look who it is. Is Zane gonna fight us as well?

AaPFK2u.pngpaBsqq6.pngRGehxcX.png

Turns out, no. He instead is just here to give me a magnet. I'll give that to Specter for now.

X5PN0k8.png

That seems forboding. I'm not too sure on how Zane is gonna affect the story from here on out. He seems friendly and gives me items, but he also got really pissy after he lost in Azalea, and seems to have made taking me down a big goal of his.

ENSxNr5.pngmO1GGQ9.png

And now, onto the main attraction, Silver.

YJbpX4b.png

While it could have defeated Hydrus, Silver's Haunter instead decides to use curse and gets KO'd by Surf because of it. 10/10 best Ghost.

p8fbTso.pngtxzP0I2.png

Not much to say here, Zephyr took these two out with ease.

HlQPNgj.png

Zubat/10.

odbN9x9.png2Z0oWcy.pngsNdiOsI.png

And right as Silver decries my ability to catch a legendary Pokemon, I drop right into a chamber with some legendary Pokemon. Talk about tempting fate. Since Raikou and Entei are roaming, I'm not gonna actively seek them out for now.

6Z7jBd5.png

Time for Morty's gym. The puzzle layout seems a bit different, unlike previous gyms which were cut and paste from GSC. Sadly, all of the trainers here only use Gastlys and Haunters, but the Haunters actually put up a decent fight.

UiQeItM.pngYuKZi63.png

Gym leader #4, fight!

hxcQaLP.png

And he leads with a Gastly. Yeah no, come on Morty you're better than this.

ggn6IhP.png

Oh, oh boy. That's definitely more like it.

HAnvNao.png

Hydrus predictably goes down quickly. If Morty's Gengar hadn't missed hypnosis on Cinder, Cinder would have failed to two-shot it with Fire Blast, as Shadow Ball almost OHKO'd him.

s0NcTsH.png

Haunter #1. Easy EXP for Behemoth.

GOt9B8y.png

Haunter #2. While not too difficult, it kinda trolled me.

Jmj9r03.png

Ha, moron!

gxrgYps.png

Wait what it lived? And he used a hyper potion darn.

m31jPz8.png70i2DPX.png

Got sick of Haunter's crap and brought out the big guns. Badge #4, obtained! Now I can use Surf in the field, and trust me basically the whole part from here on out is devoted to exploring with Surf.

6n6JdFl.png

First things first I head to Cherry Grove to get a Mystic Water for Hydrus. But that's not all there is to this area...

3Z8bbHr.png

To the left, there's some more land. Was this here in GSC? I really don't believe it was.

HXECz9N.png

Oh, whoa Cherry Grove can lead to Route 32 now.

s2eNYYd.png

And the fisherman is buff as hell. Tentacruel took two thunders to bring down.

cF9wRf5.png

And we head more to the west. There is some grass to the north, but you can only seem to find Weedle and Gastly there.

ler4Eik.png

And back to familiar territory. That was a cool little addition.

AxnCNFV.png

I head to Golden Rod to shop, and I notice this big building. The inside has an identical layout to the science building on Cinnabar in FR/LG.

amm8QqD.pnghBLadze.png

But the people inside give new things. In the room closest to the entrance a man will trade a unique ditto for a regular ditto. In the second room, there is a Dragon Claw tutor, which Zephyr can surprisingly take advantage of. And in the third room, you can revive fossils as per usual.

IHUSoQm.png

And west of the Radio Tower, there's some more open water to surf on.

6jLh3jj.pngBNuGXcC.png

I head to the west, and looky here, a new area!

I4y5gkg.png

There are some stairs and trees you can navigate through if you want a Rare Candy.

xqRuWhw.png

I head to the north, and there's a little stretch of land with a beauty and a biker. The Biker has a Nidoking and Nidoqueen, both at level 28.

IHUSoQm.png

And I go back to the little Island and decide to surf west.

h2sORAD.png

Wait what? I can surf from Golden Rod to Olivine now?

nyxjhb9.png

Looks like I can. And look at that, it's Axel.

mnDnxrC.pngCCpS3F8.pngQ5Fj3aQ.png

Seems like Axel wants to go home. If he actually does, he'll beat May for the title of Rival who clocks out earliest.

0VFfa93.pngPDUEb8Y.png4gHVdGt.png

Wow, Axel really gets discouraged quickly. We've only just been introduced to Team Saturn.

V4HnVEy.png

And he needs us to help the Ampharos in the lighthouse so that he can go home.

ENQZk8A.png

I go in the opposite direction, and check out the cafe. As it is in GSC, Strength is obtained here.

Qdper1d.png

And as per usual, Silver jumps us to tell us about the lighthouse and leaves. I disregard his directions as well.

3lM6KH8.png

Instead I clear out the trainers on the route west of Ecruteak, and head to Mahogany Town. On my way, I see this building. This is new.

DQL5YYj.png

It has a kick ass shop though.

YETKr4T.png

So basically, it's like the old battle Tower but I get berries if I win. Cool idea, but probably not gonna bother with it for awhile.

SCrVVYb.png

I reach Mahogany Town and decide to head to the lake of rage. Turns out I can't until I beat Jasmine.

PqBKE9u.png

I go back to Golden Rod, and decide to check out the things I can do with surf on route 34.

gRxu4y2.png40Xlyne.png

I get jumped by these three sisters. They all use decently strong water types, and just my luck, I had Cinder as my lead.

gHM08FP.png

After beating them, I get a soft sand.

A5QdV5S.png

As the game allows me to, I surf west from where I beat those girls.

GrLsnBn.png08QzvIL.png

And it turns out I can surf from route 34 all the way to Cianwood. I skip the trainers for now, I'll get them later. Could you do this in GSC? I really don't remember being able to.

2evkEDx.png

Oh hey there Suicune.

ZttVvRS.png

Suicune pulls his usual running away shtick, and Eusine decides to battle me.

wUL6DN0.png

Nothing special, took two Fire Blasts to bring down though.

MvGToUU.png

Sonic Boom + Explosion.

JzKTG6z.pngdHi5fL5.png

And Eusine goes down.

ovgGhtc.png

Cianwood's drug store also has an amazing supply of items.

6UO65Sz.png

Gym time. I could go back to routes 40 and 41 to beat the trainers, but I'll do that later.

sIcfgbS.png

Oh yeah basically every trainer at this point is packing healing items.

C4mvMZK.png

OW.

YLv8Czf.png

And at level 31, Cinder finally gets Flame Wheel. Ironically, the Special/Physical split makes it far less useful for me.

BRHY276.pngLmlc4hl.png

Gym leader #5, faito!

DZCBpIL.png

Oh geez oh crap.

nGI8X8D.png17Ig52k.png

I immediately switch to Specter, and Specter does half it's health with Thunder. Specter gets OHKO'd by surf.

I0wdAff.png

And Pokemon #2. Not as intimidating.

LDAgs3z.png

After some healing on both sides, Primeape finally falls. Good riddance.

KBlMLzZ.png

Dynamic Punch, get! Too bad only Specter can learn it right now.

nCqVh5w.png

And I get Fly! This'll be useful in the future. This will conclude Part 4.

The team:

rcrk4Vc.png

Hasty nature, it's ability is Blaze.

g8nGx0t.png

Bashful nature, it's ability is Levitate.

dRm6Iwu.png

Hasty nature, it's ability it Swarm.

WBwwbMp.png

Quirky nature, it's ability is Swift Swim.

t8vGBk5.png

Docile nature, it's ability is Rock Head.

Next time, Olivine Lighthouse and Jasmine at the very least. This game seems to completely ignore anything that HGSS changed.

Also for those who are interested in trying this game, but are having trouble with the included emulator it turns out that you can run this game on any GBA emulator with a catch: The Day/Night system and the daily events do not work.

Edited by Personthing

apparently it is missing something called d3dx9_42.dll from my computer but there is no such thing provided just the emulator and IPS file , this is my first time with emulator games so I've no idea how to fix this stuff

Wow, ok I had this same issue and it was a nightmare to figure out. Luckily I have.

First, install a direct X end user package from the microsoft website. (in google type in your error, follow a link with the solution and that link will take you to the download link for the direct x install you need). it's a problem common to Windows 7. Here's the link:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-gaming/system-error-the-program-cant-start-because/261e2bb5-2e75-e011-8dfc-68b599b31bf5?auth=1

The next thing you do after unzipping and installing the direct X software is to get a patch program for IPS extensions. I used this one: http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/240/ Lunar IPS (Lips).

Then you need to download a fire red rom.

Then you use the Lunar IPS and open the liquid crystal game and patch it to the fire red ROM.

Once thats done you can play liquid crystal in the emulator you download from the site.

Here's more instructions from the website:

http://pokemonliquidcrystal.com/how-to-play/

TL:DR. Download the direct X program, patch the IPS file to a fire red rom, play.

Hope that helps.

Also. Great work on the update I am at Bugsy now and keen to see the new story first hand

Now then time for part 5: More surf exploration - Jasmine:

Ux8h4WJ.pngMF2jyMq.pngWLmqZfd.png

Now last part I said I'd start this part off by heading to the lighthouse. But, when I opened my map I saw these three new areas that I can reach with surf. I start off by heading to Cherry Grove to check out Route 100.

KcUWxC6.png

Immediately south of Cherry Grove there's a pier with some pretty buff fishermen. One of them challenged you to a double battle instead of singles.

p9cvteN.png

And further south than that I come across an island. I navigate around it to reach some stairs I can climb.

njCPghM.png

There's a locked house. I'll be sure to come check it out when I get a key for it or something.

tRt8wRh.png0LHvskJ.png

But that's not all there is to this island. To the east, you can cross a bridge and get a rare candy. Now I have two rare candies, so when Cinder hits level 34 I'll use them to get an early evolution.

VR7XqC0.png

There's nothing else on the island, so now I depart east from the island. I quickly find some new land with some trainers on it.

VzbGC1Q.png

And I come across this guy. This guy took me by surprise, and you're about to see why.

IVVTQeb.png

He has 4 Pokemon and leads with this thing. It has Flamethrower, Dynamic Punch, and Return. (It never used a fourth move.)

jD07OWj.png

I quickly swap out Zephyr for Hydrus, as Zephyr didn't stand a chance. Dynamic Punch misses, but this Typhlosion OHKOs Hydrus with Flamethrower any ways.

l00G4Y1.png

He also has healing items, much to my dismay.

zMqyisL.png

Pokemon #2, Scizor. Would've been trouble if I didn't have Cinder.

OxIf41s.png

Pokemon #3, Politoed. It actually beat Specter, and even switched out after it used Perish song.

duUFhWt.png

And finally he has an Espeon. This thing hurts like hell. This guy alone sent me back to the Pokemon center to heal.

EWOGKYM.pngWJ9u34p.png

To the east lies the lost woods. This place has a gimmick that I'll go over soon. For now, I just run to the east and out of the woods.

y6sFAEm.pngvXDjWV0.png

Right outside the east entrance I encounter this guy. To get to a secret within the lost woods, you have to run in certain patterns. You'll know if you go the right way, as you'll hear the sound that plays when I pokemon heals. If you go the wrong way, you'll hear the sound that plays when you close the PC and have to start over again. The pattern that you have to follow is quite long, and after half an hour of running around the forest I give up for now. I'll head back here later.

5QLGStk.png

I continue to head east and decide to check my map. Look at that, I'm in Kanto now!

HvI6qjd.png

I find some more land, no trainers here just NPCs.

WxU2qPH.png7K40Agv.pngnBYTF6Z.png

Oh whoa, so I was right that we'll be able to go the Orange Islands. That's actually really cool.

skExMkV.png3cYjMxs.png

Hrmm, looks like this is something I'll be coming back to later, as well. It's something nice to look forward to though.

wqwtbXA.png

I see that Cinnabar Island is pretty close, so I try to surf there. Some rocks are in the way, finally stopping me from progressing to the east.

KgUi2bm.png

And now I want to see if there's anything new in the Tohjo falls.

QViK9PB.pnggKugBOY.png

Looks like there is. Just a bit north west from the entrance I find this old man, who wants to give me a Pokemon. My party is full so I have to drop off one of my Pokemon. I come back with an empty slot and...

gvsRkqX.pngfzFFSVJ.png

O-oh. WHOA! Here we go, party member #6, Willow the Chikorita. Wait a moment, if some dude in a cave gave me a Chikorita, does that mean I could find a Totodile somewhere as well? If so I might just end up replacing Hydrus, as Feraligatr is my absolute favorite water type. Speaking of replacements, if I can't find out how to evolve Behemoth soon he's hitting the bench.

XUKkmLY.png

Now I go clear out the trainers on Routes 40 and 41. It took awhile. Why? Just imagine a level 16 Bayleef beating up on level 30ish water types without swtiching for about 45 minutes.

77IFtEi.pngiGxfUFx.png

Now just to the west of Olivine I come across another land mass, which is also where I find the Hollow Cave.

GROxJEj.pngBZpqRZc.png

Hollow Cave's gimmick is that there are many holes you can fall through, and if you can fall through all of the holes a chamber opens up. Inside the chambers there's just a yellow flute, but there are some nice items like revives and elixirs hidden in the cave. You can also find Magnemite here if you want to add one to your party.

Sq2P5rh.pngPBQT9I7.png

Now it's finally time for the Olivine Lighthouse. It has an identical layout with it's GSC incarnation, except for this stone seller on the 4th floor. I buy a Sun Stone on the off chance it would work for Behemoth, as trade evolutions evolve via different means now. It doesn't work.

xCd7EkP.png

Now it's time to fly back to Cianwood.

RsuPuX4.png

And back to Olivine we go.

j5l5ODo.png

Now that Ampharos is cured, I decide to check out what Axel's up to.

KFy4MSX.pngECbu8CP.pngvqdvzqJ.pngi6NpSX3.pngnbGqVcu.png

And before saying farewell, Axel wants to battle for a final time. Here we go!

o69ylAe.png

With healing spam + leftovers, this Quagsire takes awhile to go down. Gets 2HKO'd by Razor Leaf without healing though.

9Qp05bl.png

Electabuzz is packing Ice Punch this time, so my attempt to get Cinder EXP then have Behemoth get the kill does not pan out the way I wanted it too.

TUj1B7F.png

Bulk up + Mach Punch = Pain.

w484QjH.pngcroz9Nk.png

I start making stupid decisions as at this point I really want Cinder to hit level 34. This complicates the process of taking down this Arcanine, as with Crunch it almost OHKO's Hydrus, letting any other move finish it off

.2xVy2DX.png

And Cinder gets the finish.

a5KffVv.pngEUbTRhg.pngfjzdRRI.png

More bad decisions lead to more setbacks, but after losing more party members than I should have I finally win.

dEqikT1.pngGFDdPFg.png

He is very chill about losing. And wait a moment, I thought he was going home? Did kicking his ass make him decide to stick around or something?

TLtIlOV.pngWYrjrjD.pngTOp7xQg.pngd6GRMGO.png

And right before I enter the Gym, Zane decides to ambush me. He seems quite confident.

VGq6FpC.png

While his Porygon may have been scary the first time I faced off against Zane, but now it's just pathetic. Took a long time to go down though, so I switched into Cinder to speed things up.

eJlZUDu.png

Shroomish/10. At this point, it's not a threat.

nYRvLZm.pngDkwIrTn.png

Lapras was a pleasant surprise though. It nearly took Specter down, as it could tank a Thunder.

9BimPZo.png

And for his final Pokemon, Umbreon. This thing was an asshat. It spammed wish and Sand Attack like there was no tommorow.

9TfLJ6p.pngBr0ylQ0.pngmMGPqqC.pngrEJnKFc.png

It stalled for so long I decided it would make things quicker if Behemoth it it with a few screeches, and then had Cinder finish it off with a Blaze boosted Flame Wheel.

mRolsLI.png1idl1Q0.png

Uh no, it's very logical. If you were weaker than me to begin with, and we improve at the same/similar rate, I will still be stronger.

MUFiAK4.pngXJmGnVS.png

Looks like he just realized than himself.

tYHUzPJ.png8sJdmX3.png

Well, at least he is applying himself instead of being pissy about it.

jxR4F0Y.pngsCHWhSG.png

Gym leader #6, fight!

y9yb4uD.png

Fire Blast misses, and Cinder takes a boatload of damage. Magnemite goes down next turns.

VCOHQaI.png

I can tell this won't be easy.

sSgqXBm.png

I don't want to risk Fire Blast missing as I'll need Cinder to take down Magneton, so I send in Hydrus. Hydrus narrowly fails to 2HKO and gets absolutely destroyed.

s3yznx3.png

OH COME ON!

iSkYdG4.pngWNl4CpT.png

RIP. Heracross even got a crit with Brick Break and it still lived.

Pb0SynR.pngq35hqCh.png

RNGesus has it out for me today goddam.

5XRwxqo.pngzPcfdH9.png

Victory! Jasmine gives me the TM for Iron Tail, as per usual.

KjMzmJC.png

You saw how Cinder hit level 34?

jH7cWHN.png

Now that he's evolved, he can learn Fire Punch and Thunder Punch. Because they are physical now it's not as good as it could be, but I'll take it. Now that Cinder has a significant level lead over everyone else, I'll only have him fight if I absolutely need it.

The team:

eUFNbqw.png

Hasty nature, it's ability is Blaze.

f1Amt9f.png

Naive nature, it's ability is Overgrow.

LlJLDj3.png

Bashful nature, it's ability is Levitate.

Q0p03vP.png

Hasty nature, it's ability is Swarm.

6QTTf50.png

Quirky nature, it's ability is Swift Swim.

RYMM2uP.png

Docile nature, it's ability is Rock Head.

Now then next time, onto the lake of rage!

Edited by Personthing

It's time for part 6: Pre-waterfall mount mortar - Pryce:

1SrzITH.pngHv3fXq1.png

Now that I've cleared out Olivine City, I can make some real progress in Mahogany town. But first things first, lets explore the bit of Mount Mortar that we can check out. I've also decided that if Behemoth doesn't evolve before level 40, he's getting benched.

HWJlr3l.pngNsZjySg.png

In the first entrance there were a good few items, and some trainers. Now it's time for the center entrance.

EaPMXqr.png

There's a waterfall a little bit to the north, but I can't traverse that for now.

NPQTOJv.pngdgDnQ0S.png

I go down the ladder and surf north east first, and stumble upon this. So we'll be able to find Moltres here later. I wonder what the infatuation instrument refers to?

UD5hAop.pngjW7eX8i.png

These two items were the big prizes for exploring for now.

rPbURxf.png

Yep, the officer is gone. It's time to go beat up a red Gyarados.

xreX53U.png

Inside the checkpoint there's an Aerial Ace tutor. I want to teach it to Zephyr, but I'll have to delete cut before I can make use of this.

hOG3L0K.pngwXEK8KE.pngHCRfvIB.png

I clear out the trainers on route 43, and since I'm feeling a bit under level'd I grind Willow and Hydrus a little bit. While I knew Willow would evolve at level 32, I didn't know that Hydrus would evolve at level 32 as well.

lT5RmUG.pngUnS1qJ6.png

And we arrive at the lake of rage. First thing I do is ignore Gyarados and head west, which nets me a rare candy.

T5PYNJF.png

Time to kick this big dragon-thing's ass.

r9omuhl.png

Ew, what happened to the shiny colors? It looks kinda bad IMO.

yLkakvR.png

Behemoth actually manages to 1v1 this thing, and we obtain a Red Scale.

qQTLmtb.png5vLLUXQ.pngvTnGy17.pngKpYAzQu.pngPJkeZeS.pngPatvFHp.png

And here's Lance! He could easily handle his investigation on his own, but he wants us to do the work for him help him out.

Z0RPiSd.pngQeiHkb0.png50aCvIS.png

Time to head to that shady store in Mahogany

R3IXvkj.png

But before we help Lance, I quickly rush back to Mr. Pokemon's house to trade the red scale for an EXP share.

at2WTul.png

He knows.

NVmq0e2.png

Now in the Rocket base. These rocket statues are easy exp, definitely a bit weaker than the trainers on route 43. Behemoth reaches level 35 by cleaning out all of the statues, and...

6GSySBF.png

p4yEehs.png

Convenient healing.

Z1W8owb.pngDFE72pT.png

And the two grunts with the password willingly tell me that they know the passwords and give them up upon defeat. They could've just played dumb and I would have failed in my quest.

9vMkrn9.png

Oooh, nice! Since basically all of Willow's movepool barring Solar Beam in this gen will be physical because of the Special/Physical split he'll make good use of this.

MuANaUW.png

Almost at the boss door, and it's Silver time, again.

U1FSW8Q.pngBf9CwuD.pngGY14t9n.png

adVzBGU.pngBQx52QG.pngwS8gr1b.png

And he got absolutely shit stomped by Lance. Cue the beginning of Silver's character development.

66vRfFN.png

As per usual, he's not here to fight us in this encounter. Funny logic though, he's the one who approaches the player, and then he's like "I don't have time for you!"

UBg4TKG.pngsas8Pc3.pngPSZVj1X.png

Rocket Executive would like to battle!

wZoyV83.pngUEVUOQg.pngycr266Z.png

His last Pokemon was a Golbat. You know, it always bugged me that Team Rocket always packed the really shitty com mons, how can you strike terror and commit large scale operations with lowly Raticate? It's especially jarring here as the generic route trainers would be able to easily put these fools in their place.

oNg9DUg.pngGm2eiBV.png

Setting an example that the grunts should follow, the executive leaves without telling me the password. Too bad his Pidgeotto that's suffering from an identity crisis undermines his efforts.

g0hqSM4.pngvp21PsC.png

I go back to open the door, and it's time for mini boss #2. Lance doesn't join me for a double battle this time around, as it was in GSC.

UcNc3TL.pngleCriBJ.png

Her first Pokemon was an Arbok, that took a surprising amount of punishment.

Z0ab4TH.png

And now it's time to clear out the Electrode. They are at a measly level 23.

mjt4RHU.pngWZcE3aE.png

Now that team Rocket has been routed, it's time to challenge Pryce's gym.

Yuo5pOY.png

Misses a 70% chance to hit, gets hit by a 30% chance. This is really feeling like Fire Emblem right now.

EiUiKIS.png

These gym trainers are rich. Two of them even drop $4000+ upon defeat, more than what Pryce gives!

hNFPzZe.png0vVpzlu.png

Now then, after clearing out the gym trainers it's time to take on Pryce. Gym leader #7, fight!

vOuU1iH.pngkwQmxPH.pngGhH8O2c.pngAbhFrLe.pngTYDJg97.png

And despite the level difference, this is the easiest gym battle since Falkner. Can't blame the dude, Ice type is soooo bad defensively.

yOXA8pf.png0J7LdrV.pngjYp0oZp.png

I get Icy Wind, and Pryce wants to give me a Pokemon as well? That's cool, I just gotta drop off a Pokemon to get it.

fmkny0y.pngp69B4zt.pnglogvufe.png

Cki1eur.pngxMkk7jw.pngEBb36dM.pngEGOxbhz.png

Elm informs us of our next objective. We won't be tackling it in this part though.

CmYgIy4.png

Oh...

xhgY5ZZ.png

Wait, it's holding a water stone. Could it be?

A2dgXxR.pngR7kaz6K.pngMGccWR2.png

YEESSSSSS!!!! Well on that happy note, this concludes part 6.

The team:

zNtCOTE.pngky5ml78.png

Hasty nature.

lGNpiif.pngDiZ0hTy.png

Naive nature.

kMykI2q.pngPke8fD0.png

Bashful nature.

GCLRC73.png8UXdBf6.png

Hasty nature.

fbQ8xw7.pngIFRqi8r.png

Quirky nature.

Next time, Rocket tower and onward!

so I started playing it finally, chose Chikorita elm says easy to raise....we will see Elm....anyway so part way through after bumping into Poliwag near Mr Pokémon's house and Phanpy at that place with hills as well as a Geodude I dunno why but I thought huh maybe if I hold down space ill use running shoes, bad idea, I started moving at lightspeed and was thinking hit the brakes!

Edit I am now at the Elite 4 after a long play and think I have the 3 things needed for Moltres, Articuno and Zapdos assuming I have guessed correctly what might be the hinted Infactuation instrument or whatever it was said as.

Edited by Lord Drakyle

So this part will be divided into two posts. Turns out I went way past the image limit in this part, so yeah. Part 7 first half, Rocket tower:

FUv8Mrh.png

Heeding Elm's information, I head immediately back to Golden Rod. Team Rocket grunts are blocking various buildings throughout the city.

kl35qUm.png

I clear out all of the Team Rocket grunts in the tower, except for the ones behind the shutter that I need the gate key for.

lGYJ1nu.pngKa1Xvb2.png

At the top we have a rocket admin disguised as the director waiting for us.

3twXJ42.png

He has 4 Koffing and 2 Weezing. Not much to see here.

L4otaGt.pngwuFXJfV.png

When the people who are supposed to be in charge are screwing over their own plans, you know something is horribly wrong with an organisation.

JNHntmu.png

Nearly immediately after entering the basement of the underground, guess who it is?

yiV6wtw.pngTe6arLI.pngLMZChgG.png3sFCBn5.pngnqpJ1zM.pngyupQhkm.png

Rival Silver Lannister would like to battle!

YuZSteU.png

Leads with a Golbat. It goes down pretty quickly.

8P2ZVKh.png

Pokemon #2 is his strongest pokemon, Feraligatr. I want to take it down with Thunder Punch, but that doesn't pan out the way I'd have liked it to.

C1xxrLR.pngTmw4a3R.pngHut0LMn.pngA2TfiFz.png

After Willow finished off Feraligatr, Behemoth proceeds to solo the rest of his team. Haunter almost defeated him, but the rest of his Pokemon failed to leave a dent.

akyjCqj.pngMsXg3Ze.pngPPIEkw2.pngIIkXfnD.pnghoeAH8X.pngTHNTAkk.png

Silver begins to realize that without the power of friendship he will never win. We he's kinda right, his Golbat will never evolve otherwise.

D7KorIj.png

And then I spend a good 15 minutes faffing around with the shutters until I get it to work.

V06nKer.png

I clear out the rest of the Rocket grunts and save the card key. Of course, I leave the old man to starve.

es7xGYy.pngyDfs780.png

Team Rocket really didn't think this plan through. It hurts them even more than one of their executives gave me directions to rescue the card key.

9HZQ63N.pngnvsBD6t.pngPaWI1rM.png

His Houndour went down easily, but he had an obsession with keeping that Koffing alive.

fYozLqC.pngyaEsEED.png

And then Specter died horribly.

IflfCfr.png

And team Rocket has to disband because of another teenager. These guys can't get their shit together.

Xol6KX9.pngPnhrfK9.png7Dw23AU.png

And for our efforts we are rewarded with $50 a soothe bell.

oMi3f9m.pngchaj2io.pngoAvMuP7.png5oVIvuy.png

Oh, this is new. I guess I gotta stop by the Tin Tower before going to Blackthorn.

0x9Jy66.png

Gen 2 had weird TMs. (I know this hack is Gen 3, but it uses Gen 2's TM list)

JDV8doh.pngV5fmwqo.png

Well then, now it's time to check on what the old Radio Tower dude told us about.

ZoFjEek.pngLDyD1FH.pngjRatyfk.png

Nevermind then??? Ok off to Blackthorn.

BDX9c7k.png6w0Yxm6.png

While clearing out the trainers on Route 44, I notice that I can surf south. I find the entrance to a cave and decide to check it out.

UZS5F6E.png

An alternate entrance to Ice Path?

zCUJ344.png9VP0R1u.png

Deeper into the cave I find this Marowak. Whatever it's hiding, I'll have to come back later to find out.

64DC4BR.pngsszLyMv.png

So Articuno will be here later as well. Neat.

hXghuPx.pngm5Iwd6r.png

I'm about to take the normal entrance to Ice Path, and look who it is? Is Zane here for a fight this time?

OcOiRZm.pngfS6Nt2A.pngXDhjkj8.png

Looks like he is. Rival battle, fight!

7OowjA5.png

U-uh... Oh my god really? This thing still hasn't evolved holy crap it's so weak. Gets OHKO'd.

lsRD7d0.png

Zephyr out speeds and OHKO's this thing as well.

u6Z2IX1.png

A solid 2HKO.

Mg2FYbR.png

UJEBgoQ.png

Zane's final Pokemon is Breloom, and unlike the rest of his team it puts up enough of a fight to live long enough to use a Hyper Potion. You notice something about Zane's team? All of them except for Breloom are weak to fighting.

AXNh40M.pnggOSYqgE.pngUyUQZvy.pngYm87znO.pngoyfpO5b.png

So Zane flips out after losing this time. Zane, my secret is not having 4 Pokemon weak to fighting, and benching weak Pokemon that don't evolve.

BTmMVUm.pnglQNkjYY.png

I really, really doubt that. Zane is easily the rival I've had the easiest time beating. Silver and Axel can at least put up a fight, lmao. I will at least give him that some of his Pokemon are pretty good on their own, but they do not go together well at all.

RfwH1LO.png5RyZIpb.png

So apparently there was a cave-in. What now?

zU4DZz9.pngrxitboZ.pngcfbjxbT.png

K, so now I can do something about the Tin tower.

t9IN1kx.pngGL6A5Nw.png

The fuck? Kyogre is a Hoenn Pokemon what is this?

rUiDPkr.pngbPFJYi5.pngzN6qtyD.png

Umm, well lets go.

Continued in the next post.

Edited by Personthing