Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

Fossils/fossil pokemon

Tooforgetful

Question

I'm already familiar with how to get fossils and restore them, I've done it a few times already, but I was wondering if there was an easier/faster way to get them. What I'm currently doing at the moment is just plain annoying - any time I find a mining rock, save, mine, quit, and reload until I eventually find a fossil I haven't already gotten, and the whole thing is incredibly tedious. So I was wondering if A) There's some other way to get them or B ) If there's a renewable crop of rocks some point later in the game than I'm at so that I won't have to worry about doing the whole save-and-quit thing.

Edited by Tooforgetful

9 answers to this question

Nope. There's an event in the Museum that gets you either a Cover or Plume fossil, the Circus has 2 minigames that each give you a Cover or Plume fossil and that's it. There rest is all mining. Not that resetting in front of a takes long anyways, unless you're closing and reopening the game every time or something

If you have something that another player wants and you don't feel like spending a ton of time mining, you could try the "trade" system that Yash set-up to obtain fossils from other sources. Other than that, you'll want to just keep doing it as you are.

Also, it's worth noting that the Gen VI fossils (Jaw and Sail) are obtainable only through compliance with the Helix Fossil Cult. The only problem there is, well, you need a helix fossil to get in.

If you have something that another player wants and you don't feel like spending a ton of time mining, you could try the "trade" system that Yash set-up to obtain fossils from other sources.

If you wanna do that^^, I have every single fossil Pokemon on my save and can trade you all of them.

While I'd definitely appreciate it, I don't really have anything to trade for any of them. All the same, I appreciate the offer :)

I don't care, really. I have a Ditto, so I can just "make" spares and trade them to you. I also have my own team set, so you can even give me an army Sunkern or something.

I don't care, really. I have a Ditto, so I can just "make" spares and trade them to you. I also have my own team set, so you can even give me an army Sunkern or something.

That's really nice of you :). I'm gonna be out of the house until later today cause I have work, but when I get back I'll send you a message and whenever's convenient for you we can do that! Thank you very much.

Well you can talk to Yash about it. He carries out the trade. You can check out this thread where you can strike a deal with someone. Then PM Yash with the save files of both of the traders with the to-be-traded pokemon in your part and he will make the changes and give back the after-trade save files.
http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=11523&page=7