audino grinding is a "newb trap".

shamszubair1

now I'm sure most of you already know this, but to all the players who have little past experience in the pokemon games, but if you care about the performance of your pokemon, and believe me you will, DO NOT fight the breeders for exp grinding unless you maxed out your EVs. Their audinos will only give hp EVs which are not that good

I knew about EV training but thought I didn't need it until my crobat was getting outsped by a slow boss.

Spoiler

protean chandelure in the amethyst cave

I know it is slow because the base pokemon is a trick room setter in the core Pokemon games.

so what you want to do is instead of rotating your team from a pool of 50 pokemon, like I used to, you want to keep your "pool" small, say around 20 or so. you can use 50 pokemon pools, but it will take years to EV train them all. and also complete the lost camps orphans quest to unlock an EV reducing berries vendor so you can reduce the unwanted EVs to make room for the ones that you want to max out.this is also a great way to evolve those pokemon requiring happiness to evolve Have fun!

Other than the fact that base Chandelure isn’t particularly slow (80 base speed, I don’t remember if the rift has a higher base speed). Typically when you do that quest it is much higher level than your own Pokémon, which would also lend to it outspeeding.

regardless the audino trainers are a great resource for any player regardless of the EVs they give out. In the grand scheme of of the game you don’t have to worry about EVs provided you are able to strategize properly. The game is more than bearable on all modes provided you use proper strategy. Yes EVs can help and make the game easier, but they certainly aren’t required. (I’ve never EV trained and been fine for forever).

also even 20 Pokémon is a massive rotation, with 50 being even more ridiculous, most people I know of typically rotates between 6-12. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Since I've been playing on intense mode for rejuvenation, I've felt ev training is necessary just to keep up, but min maxing is definitely optional. 
Those Audino trainers are perfect for grinding up your ev trained Pokemon, since they wont gain any more but get that sweet exp boon. 
i wouldn't call it a newb trap, since its pretty probable by the time most people need to catch up in lvls around 30-40 or so, those ev's will be filled out naturally 

• Like 1

I'm coming up to 40 mon team total, and I use the Audino first. I just buy Pomeg berries from the one orphan kid. They're 20p a pop to knock down HP evs by 10. That's 5 Audinos, and that's a pretty good deal in my opinion.