Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

does the time and weather not matter anymore for the eevee quest?

Spedy

Question

The other day I went to spinel town to see if it was windy so I could finally get eevee. I did hear that to get eevee you had to go to the forest when it was windy and it had to be night time. I went on the day and the tree was still there but when I stepped right next to it, it disappeared and I got it. I swapped save files to see if maybe it was windy in my other playthrough. It wasn't but the tree disappeared when I got close anyway.

4 answers to this question

13 minutes ago, Spedy said:

The other day I went to spinel town to see if it was windy so I could finally get eevee. I did hear that to get eevee you had to go to the forest when it was windy and it had to be night time. I went on the day and the tree was still there but when I stepped right next to it, it disappeared and I got it. I swapped save files to see if maybe it was windy in my other playthrough. It wasn't but the tree disappeared when I got close anyway.

I think the changelog mentioned that the weather was no longer a factor, since windy weather is rare (or something like that).

7 minutes ago, GS BALL said:

Hmm, does windy weather still borrow the same animation as thunderstorm, minus flashes and in-battle the effect is rain? Like in ep16?

Most people thought there wasn't windy weather in 16, because of that issue.

As far as I know, it looks like opaque straight lines going from side to side. I happened to be at a windy night in that forest lol

8 minutes ago, GS BALL said:

Hmm, does windy weather still borrow the same animation as thunderstorm, minus flashes and in-battle the effect is rain? Like in ep16?

Most people thought there wasn't windy weather in 16, because of that issue.

I've had it once in 17  and it seemed to just be visual gusts.  It's still rare, but it's own visuals again (like in 15?)

Edit: Somewhat ninja'd by the sweet treat @Candy (not to be confused with the confectionery, ICSW)

6 minutes ago, GS BALL said:

Hmm, when you got windy weather and you observed the overworld animation you describe... What was the in-battle weather animation and text? Can you remember? (for E17)

I never fought in a battle while it was active, since I was only on to do some trading that day.  I just saw that overworld animation near the Daycare center at the time.  I could be mistaken as to what weather it was, but it seemed to match the same windy animation from video of Ep 15.

This was during the Community release, so it might have been altered/tweaked for the public release.  Sorry I couldn't exactly answer the question @GS BALL