Buffing Pokemon.

Tomahawk

Ever wanted to played with a Butterfree, but after the first gym battle (and after you get access to better pokes) decided to dump it into the storage box? Yeah I decided to try and fix that. Tell me what you think :) . Feel free to comment on the stats. Also please note that this is a first draft and moreover it is my opinion. I don't claim to be a pokemon expert. (quite the opposite really). Also i was sick of all the Pseudos being dragon do I changed it and I tried not to touch Mega Evos. I also added in some abilities for specific pokes.

First draft up to Gen 3 done.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18HMg4P_BdJHT5Aw4wQKSLecEJi92qmAsxAkqw5RIl-g/edit?usp=sharing

I can see where you're coming from, and I like the idea. But some of the type changes I can not get behind (Chansey to fairy for example. I understand why but as someone who loves fairies and absolutely hates Chansey you can hopefully see my issue with it). I'll list some others down here as well (starting with gen 2, as most of gen 1 was pretty good)

Meganium: what exactly makes it a fairy?

Typhlosion: What makes it a dragon?

Feraligatr: What makes it steel... Actually, this one makes more sense than the others. still not as much, but some.

Sudowoodo: The point of it is that it only looks like a grass type, but isn't one. Again, I see your point, but sometimes something that "should be"isn't for a reason.

Politoad: Where did it get psychic powers from?

Aipom: How is it fighting?

Dunsparce: evolution would have been better, but a nice change

Heracross: Why rock? it get's more fighting type moves and its favorite move (CC) is a fighting type move

Octilery: Where did this one learn how to move things with his mind?

Donphan: where did the steel come from?

Blissey: same issue as Chansey. I would rather not see my favorite type gain such toxic stally mons.

Sceptile: Steel? This seems to be the one I question most huh (maybe because steel kills fairies?)

Wurple Line: it worked with the regular typing. better anyway.

Nuzleaf and Shiftree: let Nuzleaf keep its dark typing and it's actually perfect (what? I can be positive about suggestions too. why would I be unable too?).

Nincada: Where did the steel come from? It's a ground cicada.

Aron Line: Yes. Simply Yes.

Gulpin Line: how did it become a fairy?

Torkoal: I was gonna ask "Steel? Again?" but then I realized it works (kinda) because of its shell. kudos.

Vibrava line: so from ground... to bug and back to ground? I can understand that people want flygon to be bug type but why make one of them bug but not the others?

Swablu line: you took a mon I love and slapped my favorite type on it. 100% yes.

Anorith line: where does the steel keep coming from? the reason this one is rock is that it's a fossil mon and those are always rock.

Milotic: buff the old Dragon Slayer. I like it.

Clampearl line: confused yes.

Luvdisc: I see the idea, but I would not exactly say it's a good one.

Bagon line: this might just be regular Charizard times 11... it looks like a dragon, and it's Steel (I believe this might be your favorite type at this point. am I correct?). how? why? it doesn't make sense. and the mega does remain dragon? even less sense!

Hi, thanks for the comments. :)

Meganium: what exactly makes it a fairy?

Typhlosion: What makes it a dragon?

Feraligatr: What makes it steel... Actually, this one makes more sense than the others. still not as much, but some.

Meganium, I always hated, SO I tried to turn it into a pokemon that I wouldn't mind using. Fairy seemed like a good idea to me due to the fact that Meganium's are said to be peacemakers and all that nice jazz. However if you think it doesn't make sense i would change it to a Fighting type. (honestly its a f@#%ing, horse like rapidash it should be Physical)

It is said that Meganium's petals can release an aroma that can soothe anyone that comes in contact with it and can calm aggressive feelings, and its breath has the power to revive dead grass and plants. Its powerful and soothing regenerative powers can even come about by being around it, giving those who stand near the impression of being in a clean and lush forest. Meganium tend to be a very docile species and has been portrayed as a peacemaker in the anime

Typhlosion, not one of my best ideas. My original plan was to make it a fighting type (honestly with that much bulk) but as it has access to excellent special moves like eruption, I didn't (totally not because then we would have 4 firefighters in a row). Typhlosion also evolves from a timid, cute thing to an arrogant powerful badger. So whilst the body might not look like a dragon's, imo it mentally is a dragon. My back up option would be to turn it into a Fire Psychic.

Feraligator would be a Dark type if the rest change.

Sudowoodo - Point taken, changed

Politoad reminds me of one of those characters that would sit down and do nothing (if you follow Naruto think Shikamaru). I was thinking about making it fairy but as it is one of the few Drizzlers and fairy is usually complimented by Grass I thought against it.  I am open to suggestions cause this one stumped me for a bit.

Aipom is a rather forgetable pokemon, and honestly I like it better than Ambipom (or more specifically Ambipom's really stupid looking hair). It also reminds me of Mankey and Primeape.

Heracross was a mistake, I was looking at shuckle. - FIxed

Octopodes are amongst the smartest animals in the world. That is why Octillery is now Psychic.

I was thinking Donphan would have a thing with its tusks.

About Blissey and chansey - yeah you're right. - Fixed

12 hours ago, Wolfox said:

Sceptile: Steel? This seems to be the one I question most huh (maybe because steel kills fairies?)

Wurple Line: it worked with the regular typing. better anyway.

Nuzleaf and Shiftree: let Nuzleaf keep its dark typing and it's actually perfect (what? I can be positive about suggestions too. why would I be unable too?).

Nincada: Where did the steel come from? It's a ground cicada.

Aron Line: Yes. Simply Yes.

Gulpin Line: how did it become a fairy?

Torkoal: I was gonna ask "Steel? Again?" but then I realized it works (kinda) because of its shell. kudos.

Vibrava line: so from ground... to bug and back to ground? I can understand that people want flygon to be bug type but why make one of them bug but not the others?

Swablu line: you took a mon I love and slapped my favorite type on it. 100% yes.

Anorith line: where does the steel keep coming from? the reason this one is rock is that it's a fossil mon and those are always rock.

Milotic: buff the old Dragon Slayer. I like it.

Clampearl line: confused yes.

Luvdisc: I see the idea, but I would not exactly say it's a good one.

Bagon line: this might just be regular Charizard times 11... it looks like a dragon, and it's Steel (I believe this might be your favorite type at this point. am I correct?). how? why? it doesn't make sense. and the mega does remain dragon? even less sense!

Sceptile reminds me more of a ninja than anything. I also changed to be a physical attacker. Also Steel gives it a lot of resistances. Maybe too many?

Nuzleaf - fixed

Nincada - changed back

Gulpin line - Yeah had no clue what I was on at the time. Tho I did want to give it a buff.  Any suggestions?

Vibrava - You got a point - Reverted

Anorith - I actually never thought of that - Fixed

Bagon line- Hahaha nah steel isn't my favourite type, yeah Salamence sure looks like a dragon but I really hated how when it arrived everyone forgot about Dragonite. I also wanted to make Pseudos not primarily Dragon. It really sucks and in my opinion lacks originality and creativity. So whilst thinking about it I wondered why not make it kill the bane of all Dragons. Also its stats are really good. My thoughts on the Bagon line is that it is more focused on the ability and desire to fly. 

Frustrated at its inability to fly, it leaps off cliffs and smashes its head against large rocks. This process of continually bashing its head causes it to become as hard as steel. Well-developed neck muscles support its hard head. This, combined with its powerful body, allows it to shatter rocks with its head.

BTW I was surprised that you weren't reviewing slaking. I thought I might have made him too OP.

Also please note that most of my changes have been for the stats of the Pokemon, my second priority was the typing.

I'm sad because you left castform untouched. 

Fixed ;) 

7 hours ago, NinjaGod said:

Hi, thanks for the comments. :)

Meganium, I always hated, SO I tried to turn it into a pokemon that I wouldn't mind using. Fairy seemed like a good idea to me due to the fact that Meganium's are said to be peacemakers and all that nice jazz. However if you think it doesn't make sense i would change it to a Fighting type. (honestly its a f@#%ing, horse like rapidash it should be Physical)

Typhlosion, not one of my best ideas. My original plan was to make it a fighting type (honestly with that much bulk) but as it has access to excellent special moves like eruption, I didn't (totally not because then we would have 4 firefighters in a row). Typhlosion also evolves from a timid, cute thing to an arrogant powerful badger. So whilst the body might not look like a dragon's, imo it mentally is a dragon. My back up option would be to turn it into a Fire Psychic.

Feraligator would be a Dark type if the rest change.

Sudowoodo - Point taken, changed

Politoad reminds me of one of those characters that would sit down and do nothing (if you follow Naruto think Shikamaru). I was thinking about making it fairy but as it is one of the few Drizzlers and fairy is usually complimented by Grass I thought against it.  I am open to suggestions cause this one stumped me for a bit.

Aipom is a rather forgetable pokemon, and honestly I like it better than Ambipom (or more specifically Ambipom's really stupid looking hair). It also reminds me of Mankey and Primeape.

Heracross was a mistake, I was looking at shuckle. - FIxed

Octopodes are amongst the smartest animals in the world. That is why Octillery is now Psychic.

I was thinking Donphan would have a thing with its tusks.

About Blissey and chansey - yeah you're right. - Fixed

Sceptile reminds me more of a ninja than anything. I also changed to be a physical attacker. Also Steel gives it a lot of resistances. Maybe too many?

Nuzleaf - fixed

Nincada - changed back

Gulpin line - Yeah had no clue what I was on at the time. Tho I did want to give it a buff.  Any suggestions?

Vibrava - You got a point - Reverted

Anorith - I actually never thought of that - Fixed

Bagon line- Hahaha nah steel isn't my favourite type, yeah Salamence sure looks like a dragon but I really hated how when it arrived everyone forgot about Dragonite. I also wanted to make Pseudos not primarily Dragon. It really sucks and in my opinion lacks originality and creativity. So whilst thinking about it I wondered why not make it kill the bane of all Dragons. Also its stats are really good. My thoughts on the Bagon line is that it is more focused on the ability and desire to fly. 

BTW I was surprised that you weren't reviewing slaking. I thought I might have made him too OP.

Also please note that most of my changes have been for the stats of the Pokemon, my second priority was the typing.

Fixed ;) 

I get your point with salamence, but that time has, in fact, passed. Dragonite has been OU since it's Hidden Ability came (in gen 6 at least, not sure about gen 7) while mence was resting in UU. And while I understand the frustration about pseudo's usually being dragons, that is actually completely intentional. Dragons are one of the strongest types in the game, so strong that they needed to add a type to nerf them (HAIL PIXIES!). If nothing else it gave us Kommo-o.

Politoad: I think it works best as pure water, as I personally don't see a good type that matches with it (trust me, I wanted to like it with another type, but I just dislike water types...)

Gulpin: Again, no clue. There's not a set type that I believe Gulpix should have. the ability Corrosion might fit it tho?

Also, looking back at it I noticed you might have missed something:

Mega Absol: not part fairy. Even if its wings are just Fur, it deserves that fairy type for the mega.

Most of the type changes make sense but I don't think typing alone hold a lot of Pokemon back. It's usually a bad set of abilities and/or bad base stats and/or a bad moveset. A lot of the type changes that were weird were already said above but there's still a few I would change:

Wartortle - Why Fighting?

Beedrill and Mega Beedrill - I don't think Flying is unsuitable but I think Poison is fine on it. We already have lots of Bug/Flying types and one's already a physically attacking mega.

Mega Pidgeot - Taking Normal type from it is more of a nerf than anything. Right now it can switch into Ghost type moves and run Hyper Beam to get a surprise one hit on an Electric type.

Venemoth - Same as Beedrill, I think it's better as a Poison type.

Primeape - Why Dragon?

Golem - I think ground helps it more than it hurts it. It may give it two 4x weaknesses but it also gives it an important ground STAB. Taking ground type from it without significant buffs would make it a worse version of Gigalith without Sand Stream.

Rapidash - Why Electric?

Cloyster - This typing completely changes the Pokemon. Ice is its best STAB as it grants it STAB Icicle Spear with Skill Link. It would likely start using sets with Spikes/Toxic Spikes/Rapid Spin.

Mega Gengar - Why change it to only Ghost?

Kabuto and Kabutops - Why change it? Rock makes more sense than Ice for Kabuto and claws ≠ steel.

Shuckle - Makes more sense for it to be Rock and Bug/Rock is a better defensive typing. Being weak to Water/Steel/Rock is better than being weak to Water/Fire/Ice/Flying.

Dustox - Another unnecessary Bug/Flying.

Swellow - This is actually a nerf, it currently uses Specs Boomburst a lot. Also, I feel like Fighting fits better on Staraptor than Swellow.

Gorebyss - It looks kind of like a Fairy but I think it could be a Psychic type. Works either way.

As much as I hate Steel types I really like the Sceptile changes. I always wanted Sceptile to be a physical attacker and although the Steel type is a stretch it really helps it, especially on Unburden sets.

Other than those few I'd say the type changes are pretty solid. A few other things though:

- A lot of Pokemon have changed to Steel type. Steel as a type is very good (I rate it as the top type but others may argue that Dragon or Fairy hold that place). I'd be careful giving Steel to so many Pokemon.

- Some buffs are completely unnecessary, Clefable getting boosted from 95/70/90 bulk to 113/80/90 bulk is not okay. It's already a very good Pokemon in OverUsed.

- It would be helpful if you highlighted what Pokemon you changed and show what changed (eg. for Clefable put 95 -> 113 in the hp box).