Blacksteeple Castle character switch bug

TharTV

Sup guys. After browsing the forums I noticed that a lot of people were suffering from this bug where on the 2nd day after the Emma library event, your character permanently changes to either Maria(nette) or other MC. Now while there are of posts reporting this bug, I couldn't find anything about solving this problem.

So my question is, does anyone know how to fix this problem? I've been stuck like this for 2 days now and really want to continue playing the game. The link to my save file can be found below: 
Game.rxdata

Or slightly before the event
GamePreLib.rxdata

Would be really happy if someone can help me out, and also share the method so that other people can benefit from it as well! :)

9 minutes ago, TharTV said:

Sup guys. After browsing the forums I noticed that a lot of people were suffering from this bug where on the 2nd day after the Emma library event, your character permanently changes to either Maria(nette) or other MC. Now while there are of posts reporting this bug, I couldn't find anything about solving this problem.

So my question is, does anyone know how to fix this problem? I've been stuck like this for 2 days now and really want to continue playing the game. The link to my save file can be found below: 
Game.rxdata

Or slightly before the event
GamePreLib.rxdata

Would be really happy if someone can help me out, and also share the method so that other people can benefit from it as well! :)

I presume that you have already got the latest additional patch. Right?

In case you have got that, I am sorry to say that I don't know how to fix that problem.

Even, the bug you mentioned above never had occurred on my side.

Perhaps, a mod might be able to help you with that If I'm wrong.

13 hours ago, TharTV said:

Yups I already installed the latest patch. I even tried installing it again but it didn't make a difference. 

Check this topic and try if it works.If it still doesn't work,post your save file in the troubleshooting thread and hopefully a mod can fix it.

2 hours ago, Yagami said:

Check this topic and try if it works.If it still doesn't work,post your save file in the troubleshooting thread and hopefully a mod can fix it.

Afaik that only works if your character did a MJ like transformation from black to white, not if you changed into Maria(nette) like I did. Will give it a try tho and see if it works out

edit: I tried it out and switched the names, but I still ended up as Marianette regardless

Edited by TharTV

• 2 weeks later...