Should I but a new mouse (a computer mouse....)

Zander

Well I know many people post or are about to post their life problems in here, so mine is of course nothing compared to them. But still i'm gonna ask it. Should I buy a new computer mouse? My old mouse is already 1 to 1 and half year old and only sometimes does it not reciprocate to my clicks but otherwise works fine. But I can never scroll down or up if I try to use the scroll bar on the screen since my mouse never manages to click it.

So should I change my mouse?

Sounds like the internal button for your left click is busted. Happened to me as well. Definitively should get it replaced.

I use a Logitech G602. Lot of programmable buttons on the side, very comfortable especially if you have larger hands and you can also quickly adjust the sensitivity with two side buttons.

Its pretty great for gaming as well as for work.

2 minutes ago, Captain Breakfast said:

If it's an expensive one, I'd look up how to fix this issue and try to fix it rather than immediately replace it.

Not expensive, but wondering whether I should replace and if I need to do so

3 minutes ago, 5hift said:

Sounds like the internal button for your left click is busted. Happened to me as well. Definitively should get it replaced.

I use a Logitech G602. Lot of programmable buttons on the side, very comfortable especially if you have larger hands and you can also quickly adjust the sensitivity with two side buttons.

Its pretty great for gaming as well as for work.

That seems like a convenient mouse. I'll look it up. Thanks

Edit: Can you suggest a mouse with wire?

Edited by Zander

I'm using a Roccat Kova 2016. It's about 40€ here in Germany and it's good for both gaming and work. It also comes with a wire. (1.80m long, I believe?)

gallery-kova-blk-picture3-v2-1-80-000-83

I can only recommend it. It's also quite comfortable due to it's size, especially if you have big hands. On top of that, it's ambidextrous, a trait that is pretty uncommon among gaming mice.

Edited by Inactivity

Frankly speaking, 1½ years is quite a short lifetime for a mouse. It shouldn't be breaking down that quickly. I don't know the warranty policy is in India, but as long you know the fault lies with mouse and not something caused by yourself, the place you bought it should give you a new one. 

Though then again, maybe the consumer protection warranty in India is different than it is over here.

Though in case in case you do decide to get a new one, I'd get something of slightly higher build quality. A good mouse should last at least 4-5 years, if not longer. Again, I can't really recommend anything since I must assume the mice they sell in India are probably different from the popular brands over here. But try to read reviews for various mice. There should be many good mice even at budget prices. 

I just buy cheap mouses of 10-15 euros and such, so i dont care when they start having problems. I just go buy a new cheap one.  usually it happens in around 2-3 years, and more often than not it is a cable issue.

2 hours ago, DemICE said:

I just buy cheap mouses of 10-15 euros and such, so i dont care when they start having problems. I just go buy a new cheap one.  usually it happens in around 2-3 years, and more often than not it is a cable issue.

Perhaps it's just me. But I more often than not prefer to spend twice as much on a product, if it can last 1,5 times as long. 

Example, I bought a Logitech Gaming keyboard 10 years for about 100 dollars. It's still working perfectly, and I only replaced it earlier this year because I wanted a mechanical one, though I would likely have been able to continue using the past one for 4-5 more years. 

3 hours ago, Tartar said:

Perhaps it's just me. But I more often than not prefer to spend twice as much on a product, if it can last 1,5 times as long. 

Example, I bought a Logitech Gaming keyboard 10 years for about 100 dollars. It's still working perfectly, and I only replaced it earlier this year because I wanted a mechanical one, though I would likely have been able to continue using the past one for 4-5 more years. 

Usually that is true. Tho in case that more expensive product gets damaged or stops working optimally faster than you calculated, then its your loss. And maybe i am unlucky that i had that happen to me more times than i'd tolerate to continue doing it ..  with headsets, mouses, and other accessories/gadgets.

On 5/10/2017 at 1:44 AM, Inactivity said:

I'm using a Roccat Kova 2016. It's about 40€ here in Germany and it's good for both gaming and work. It also comes with a wire. (1.80m long, I believe?)

gallery-kova-blk-picture3-v2-1-80-000-83

I can only recommend it. It's also quite comfortable due to it's size, especially if you have big hands. On top of that, it's ambidextrous, a trait that is pretty uncommon among gaming mice.

It's pretty expensive in my country so it's not really an option

On 5/10/2017 at 1:51 AM, Tartar said:

Frankly speaking, 1½ years is quite a short lifetime for a mouse. It shouldn't be breaking down that quickly. I don't know the warranty policy is in India, but as long you know the fault lies with mouse and not something caused by yourself, the place you bought it should give you a new one. 

Though then again, maybe the consumer protection warranty in India is different than it is over here.

Though in case in case you do decide to get a new one, I'd get something of slightly higher build quality. A good mouse should last at least 4-5 years, if not longer. Again, I can't really recommend anything since I must assume the mice they sell in India are probably different from the popular brands over here. But try to read reviews for various mice. There should be many good mice even at budget prices. 

Yes in India we do have guarantee/warranty on mouse. But still the place where I bought my mouse from is really far away so it's not really worh travelling all the way there just to exchange my mouse. And yes there are mice at budget prices but not really anything special. I guess i'll look up some reviews then. Thanks