Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

[Answered]No Odd Keystone

Phandaria

Question

I have been mining since the start of the game until the end of ep 16, but have yet to find any odd keystone, none at all. I found many fossils and plates but not that keystone.

I am wondering if the code is linked to whether you have captured spiritomb before, because I did received spiritomb from wondertrade (and wondertraded it again). It is appeared as captured on pokedex, but none on my pc. Maybe the code stopped generating odd keystone for me?

Edited by Phandaria

12 answers to this question

5 minutes ago, Phandaria said:

I have been mining since the start of the game until the end of ep 16, but have yet to find any odd keystone, none at all. I found many fossils and plates but not that keystone.

I am wondering if the code is linked to whether you have captured spiritomb before, because I did received spiritomb from wondertrade (and wondertraded it again). It is appeared as captured on pokedex, but none on my pc. Maybe the code stopped generating odd keystone for me?

I am fairly certain that it isn't, since I believe I have gotten one odd keystone since getting Spritomb.  Still, I think it might have the lowest encounter rate (unless you factor in each individual plate) of the artifacts.  

29 minutes ago, GS BALL said:

Fossils and Keystones are rare, Plates are a bit less rare. But! If you save the game before mining, whenever you aren't satisfied with the results, just reset and retry. Takes a healthy amount of time, but by doing this, i ended up with all fossils, all plates, 2 keystones and a multitude of items/shards. All those, before even venturing forth to Agate, yet.

Keep in mind that some nodes must have a higher chance for good items to appear. Because the frequency of good items that appear after mining them, is noticeable. Save-reset-load before one of those, will get you your keystone. Just be patient and keep trying. Mining needs time, dedication, passion... You can't go up, before you dig deep down, first!

Could you elaborate on that? I don't entirely get it but it sounds useful

Just now, Phandaria said:

Its a matter of  luck :) Still, I have a spare one if you want it

20 minutes ago, GS BALL said:

Save before a node. Mine. You get: a. Good item(s) b. Garbage. c. Duplicate of something you have already, while you need something else (mostly for fossils/plates). If a: Save and proceed. If b or c: Load and retry. 

For each one node. Takes a lot of time, but you get everything there is to get...

Interesting. Thank you :)

8 hours ago, GS BALL said:

Also, mine not to get the item, but to spy out its type, first. Mine strategically and in such spots and manner, that you can guess if something big (like a fossil) can be found there. Give priority to important stuff and go for fully uncovering those first! Plate and fossil/keystone, first!

I often forget to do so, thanks for reminding me!

20 hours ago, luis said:

Its a matter of  luck :) Still, I have a spare one if you want it

Thanks for the offer. I dont mind mining. Anyway, I was just curious if people can only get one odd keystone, but it doesn't seem the case.

19 hours ago, GS BALL said:

Save before a node. Mine. You get: a. Good item(s) b. Garbage. c. Duplicate of something you have already, while you need something else (mostly for fossils/plates). If a: Save and proceed. If b or c: Load and retry. 

For each one node. Takes a lot of time, but you get everything there is to get...

This is what I have been doing, I am usually satisfied when I get multiple heart scale, plates or fossils. But even with soft resets, I have never even seen odd keystone, which is......odd. haha. Thanks for the advice.

5 minutes ago, Phandaria said:

Thanks for the offer. I dont mind mining. Anyway, I was just curious if people can only get one odd keystone, but it doesn't seem the case.

Good luck then! :D If you ever want to trade, Pm me :)